List Mgmt. The 2020 Trade and Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok - thinking out of the box, so don’t abuse me please

what would we get for Gawn? Probably got 3-4 good years left, deserves a go somewhere for succes, we might get good picks and I’m not sure we are that much worse with Preuss rucking

would need to be managed carefully, and a blockbuster deal for him, but if he was offered something that was good for him and good for us I would let it happen - I reckon we are a better team without him and with a classy mid

ok I’ve said it, play the ball!

what would we get for Gawn? Probably got 3-4 good years left, deserves a go somewhere for succes, we might get good picks and I’m not sure we are that much worse with Preuss rucking

would need to be managed carefully, and a blockbuster deal for him, but if he was offered something that was good for him and good for us I would let it happen - I reckon we are a better team without him and with a classy mid

Trying to look at this as objectively as possible I still don't think we should do it. Gawn is the captain, and while he's arguably not the best fit for the role unless he walks like Griffin, Lynch etc we shouldn't push him. The intangible impact of trading him out on the culture and atmosphere of the team would be very hard to predict and I imagine would be a massive change for the worse.
He mightn't be the best leader we have but busted his arse to go from a tall project player to one of the best rucks in the game. At least as an example he offers leadership.

Probably depends on any off field changes too. Really, we could've done better after Hogan's departure with TMc and Weid. But with our current setup losing Max would be a bigger loss than gain. Brayshaw/Harmes/TMc, etc. Could be upgraded without losing one of our best players

Time to be ruthless. I've advocated for Hunt, but no more. I know SC numbers don't mean everything, but look at our bottom six from yday:

View attachment 955972
SC points don't mean everything but if you played bad, you're score is going to be bad. Bedford was -15 at half time. Just saying.

Appreciate the thinking outside the box, but ...

when-my-dad-went-into-my-room-telling-me-i-should-take-it-easy-on-the-booze-with-my-friends-17...gif

Would Preuss, Brayshaw, and a future first be enough to get Papley?
You'd think that would suffice. Maybe a 3rd/4th rounder coming back though with Papley. Just a little too Sydney sided, but that would be a pretty good deal.

Oskar Baker - just not up to AFL standard - Agree
Austin Bradtke - remove from rookie list - Agree
Mitch Brown - delist, he throws his weight around and puts his body on the line but we can't move forward with him - Give him another year as he costs us nothing
Kade Chandler - delist - Agree
Kyle Dunkley - delist - Agree
Jayden Hunt - try to trade - Keep and actually give him a fixed role (Wing)
Neville Jetta - Cross roads, happy to keep him on the list for an extra year - Keep for depth and leadership
Nathan Jones - Looks cooked and if we play out of position just let him out of his misery - Agree, offers us nothing and is a list clogger
Kade Kolojashnij - delist, can't get on the park so is useless to us - Agree, retire with dignity
Oscar McDonald - would look at trading, but happy to keep for depth if we can't bring in another backup KPD - Delist/Trade,he has no confidence whatsoever with the ball and is basically useless
Tom McDonald - on the trade table - Trade to Sydney who offered him a contract 2 or 3 years ago. McCartin or Papley in return for our #6 pick and T Mac?
ANB - On the trade table - Delist, apart from his hyped fitness he offers nothing
Harrison Petty - not up to it. Delist, but happy to keep as back up for 1 more year if OMac goes - Keep, Play him as a CHF, can read the play well and can take a mark
Brayden Preuss - trade - Keep for depth, Jackson is too small to be a Ruck
Joel Smith - delist - Agree, has gotten worse every game
Wagner x2 - delist both - Agree

That is potentially 17 we can get rid off

Weideman plays 1 decent game out of 10.
Jackson is too raw at this stage and I am not convinced we have a role for him.
8 good games in a row and then two s**t one in a wind bowl. Ok.

The thougnt of Tmac on 700k+ actually makes me feel sick.

Granted, he signed that deal when he was at the height of his goal kicking powers but he's currently a complete non entity. We had ******* Preuss playing at FF last night as our season slipped away.

He's 27 and should be at the peak of his physical powers and it looks like he's 33 and can barely run, jump, or turn in any direction. Had a full preseason too.

Actually disgraceful. Would salary dump him almost anywhere at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd think that would suffice. Maybe a 3rd/4th rounder coming back though with Papley. Just a little too Sydney sided, but that would be a pretty good deal.
Yeah I agree, Sydney's 2nd round pick will most likely get eaten up by an academy bid since they have 2 academy kids projected to go first round, maybe we could try get that back and give them our 3rd round pick in the trade

Don’t think it’s going to be hard to find players to delist, there will be plenty gone this year. Hoping though we trade Tom McDonald and someone like Bradshaw, who will likely be great for another team, but we have too many similar players. I love Gus but we desperately need pace, class and foot skills in the midfield and some more dangerous forwards or we are never going to improve enough to seriously challenge.

Those trades should get us some early picks that we can either use for some gun youngsters in the draft, or in trades. We’ve been pretty aggressive in trades over the last few years and got quite a few players we were targeting - if we do that again I just pray we target the types we really need. Jeremy Cameron and/or Papley please 🙏 No to players like Atkins who I really don’t think add much at all to our current list.

The thougnt of Tmac on 700k+ actually makes me feel sick.

Granted, he signed that deal when he was at the height of his goal kicking powers but he's currently a complete non entity. We had ******* Preuss playing at FF last night as our season slipped away.

He's 27 and should be at the peak of his physical powers and it looks like he's 33 and can barely run, jump, or turn in any direction. Had a full preseason too.

Actually disgraceful. Would salary dump him almost anywhere at this point.
I wonder if Edenhope/Apsley would take him back...

Surely they've got a box of quality tea towels we could swap for.

Trying to look at this as objectively as possible I still don't think we should do it. Gawn is the captain, and while he's arguably not the best fit for the role unless he walks like Griffin, Lynch etc we shouldn't push him. The intangible impact of trading him out on the culture and atmosphere of the team would be very hard to predict and I imagine would be a massive change for the worse.
He mightn't be the best leader we have but busted his arse to go from a tall project player to one of the best rucks in the game. At least as an example he offers leadership.

Probably depends on any off field changes too. Really, we could've done better after Hogan's departure with TMc and Weid. But with our current setup losing Max would be a bigger loss than gain. Brayshaw/Harmes/TMc, etc. Could be upgraded without losing one of our best players

Thanks - I should have been more explicit - I would never force the guy out I think that would be terrible for the club, would have to be at his behest.

I forgot about the Brayshaw idea, just not sure what we get for him, and reckon we would get peanuts for TMAC

Weideman plays 1 decent game out of 10.
Jackson is too raw at this stage and I am not convinced we have a role for him.
Weid has been solid to good in 8/11 games he has played this year

The last 2 he has been down but the conditions didn't suit tall players v Freo and it doesn't help when the ball hardly comes in the last 2 weeks

Weid has been solid to good in 8/11 games he has played this year

The last 2 he has been down but the conditions didn't suit tall players v Freo and it doesn't help when the ball hardly comes in the last 2 weeks

Weid, Langdon and Hibberd are three guys I reckon have performed above par for us this year.

Weid - huge question marks preseason
Hibberd - Looked cooked 2018/2019
Langdon - Think hes been a bit better than we've given him credit for

You blokes could be interested in this comment on the Port board?

that would be huge and a bummer - he’s one of the few that out in effort each week and when he’s on song makes a big difference

understand the desire to move home in this day and age though

Weid, Langdon and Hibberd are three guys I reckon have performed above par for us this year.

Weid - huge question marks preseason
Hibberd - Looked cooked 2018/2019
Langdon - Think hes been a bit better than we've given him credit for
I reckon Langdon has been really good for what e paid this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back