List Mgmt. The 2020 Trade and Draft Thread

In fairness, it is a heavily compromised draft and as DB said the first round could go 25+. Personally, I agree that Preuss isn’t worth a pinch of sh*t, but he could have value to a team that needs a ruck.

There is no world that a borderline afl/reserves ruck is worth a first even in a compromised draft ( which I honestly don't think it's as bad as a lot of people say either, top end talent is still top end talent when they are 17 years old , it's not like the majority only become good players once they turn 18, yes, you'll have some late bloomers slip way further than they should because of no games this season but we aren't talking mass changes in a scouting departments assessment )

Down the throat

Senior List
May 1, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
There is no world that a borderline afl/reserves ruck is worth a first even in a compromised draft ( which I honestly don't think it's as bad as a lot of people say either, top end talent is still top end talent when they are 17 years old , it's not like the majority only become good players once they turn 18, yes, you'll have some late bloomers slip way further than they should because of no games this season but we aren't talking mass changes in a scouting departments assessment )

Market value sure - but one of the likely suitors has 3 first rounders - and needs to entice us to let him go... it seems unlikely but could also happen.

In addition - drafting is going back to a crap shoot - all the recruiting departments have been shredded - with junior footy only played in WA and SA and the massive cost cutting done by clubs - a club with lots of first rounders may chose to spend one to get a piece that fills an absolute need (particularly if we carry part of of his coin) than going to the lucky dip three times.

Market value sure - but one of the likely suitors has 3 first rounders - and needs to entice us to let him go... it seems unlikely but could also happen.

In addition - drafting is going back to a crap shoot - all the recruiting departments have been shredded - with junior footy only played in WA and SA and the massive cost cutting done by clubs - a club with lots of first rounders may chose to spend one to get a piece that fills an absolute need (particularly if we carry part of of his coin) than going to the lucky dip three times.
Imo rookies and youngsters ( therefore draft picks) are more valuable now with so many questions over list numbers and what the salary cap could be. To have high level talent on a cheap contract for 3 or 4 years will be a massive advantage.

Recruiting departments should be a higher priority than ever before.

Oct 14, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Stephenson from Collingwood omitted again. I wonder if he's someone we should look into. A bit of speed in the fwd line.
I'd love to ship AVB off personally.

Really want us to target some more half forward types. Big weakness in the list with Hannan/Fritsch/Melksham/Vanders either looking cooked or incredibly inconsistent.

On SM-A705YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

A late first for Pruess.

Your voices in your head sources are taking the piss mate. Of course we are trading him if a late first is on the table, there is literally nothing to "discuss"

If we are able to trade him for anything better than a third rounder I'll consider it a miracle.

You know a late first will be around pick 30 yeah?

Rhys Stanley went for pick 21.

Preuss aint worth 21 but rucks are a strange commodity. If you're in the window and don't have one, they can be costly.
Yeah it's a funny thing. Geelong or GWS might cough up something relatively expensive for him as they need a reliable ruck. Preuss isn't a star but is at the least dependable and young enough to potentially improve with consistent game time.

Rugs Stanley was much younger than Pruess and he still had the allure from a nab cup game when he kicked 6 or 7 from memory for the Saints as a 19 or 20 year old.

Last edited:
Just a blond Fritsch

Completely different players. Stephenson can play deep one on one, has genuine forward craft. Fristch is better as a high half forward.

I've left Rugs Stanley in for the lols, but jesus christ, google did a number on me in that post. Must have had it on "post like incredibly drunk" mode. 😂

Edit: * me, just noticed it changed "mode" to "more" on me , ******* *ed keyboard. Smh.

Stanley, Hickey, Hampson are all rucks who fetched silly currency. Could see someone trading a pick in the 30s for Preuss as he's a ready made first ruck.

Back