List Mgmt. The 2020 Trade and Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith's done as well as anyone not named May as a stopper on smalls and talls but continues to get slander for whatever reason. Bizarre.
I’ve rarely seen a defender with less game sense. He’s fine in the odd one on one and has reasonable agility. But his judgment is awful.

I’ve rarely seen a defender with less game sense. He’s fine in the odd one on one and has reasonable agility. But his judgment is awful.
Close your eyes watching Harmes or any of our other mid sized guys not named Jetta?

If we delist OMac, is there any value in bringing Chip Frawley back for a year or two? Or... could we fit Hurley or Hooker, really free Lever up to be the 3rd tall?

If we delist OMac, is there any value in bringing Chip Frawley back for a year or two? Or... could we fit Hurley or Hooker, really free Lever up to be the 3rd tall?
Hurley and Hooker wouldn't come cheap, but would be good gets.
On Smith, Johnny K sums it up for me. He's had some ok games, but geez he is dumb/careless too often for a defender.

Passing on a couple of rumours I’ve heard lads and lasses. Make of them what you will.

- The club recognises bringing in a KPF as priority number one. We are going after Harry McKay with a very lucrative deal in $$ and years that the Blues will be hard pressed to compete with given their recent splurge on imported talent. Martin and Williams alone will take up $2m of their cap space next season. They have a surplus of key forwards and we believe we can shake McKay loose.

- Tom McDonald to the Kangaroos. His brother will be delisted. The McDonald era at Melbourne is no more.

- One of Brayshaw or Viney won’t be at the club next season. The club would prefer that player be Gus.

- Saad rumour is true we are keen but so are others.

Thanks for passing on. McKay out of contract at end of '21, so assume he'd have to force the trade if we turn his head. As others have said, not sure we have the capital to satisfy Blues in trade. At the very least we could drive up Carlton's next contract offer and apply cap pressure.

Close your eyes watching Harmes or any of our other mid sized guys not named Jetta?
Harmes being a poor defender and Smith not being AFL standard are not mutually exclusive. Harmes does have runs on the board in other positions though. Salem, Hibberd and Rivers while not flawless are easily more trustworthy in the backline than Smith. Lockhart is a battler but I have more faith in him than Smith. Ditto Tomlinson. Even Hunt’s 16-17 as a HBF were better than anything Smith’s dished up. Oscar and Wagner are flawed and limited but they’re about on par with Smith.

Forum flippancy aside, respect to him and everyone else who got to AFL level for even playing one game but he’ll be fortunate to be on the list next year. I’ll happily eat humble pie if he turns it around though.

Jon Ralph
@RalphyHeraldSun
Richmond has asked about Adam Saad. He isn’t gone yet by any stretch. Demons don’t seem very keen at all despite speculation he is on his way there. Fantasia considering his future. Dons fans would you be upset if he went home?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is this a joke
Like most rumours likely no truth. Apparently he unfollowed Essendon on insta and somehow that tweet found its way into my timeline. This one was a reply to it. The guy is an Essendon fan. I don’t know how it come into my timeline as I have muted most Essendon fans. Somehow their tweets always end up in my timeline.

Passing on a couple of rumours I’ve heard lads and lasses. Make of them what you will.

- The club recognises bringing in a KPF as priority number one. We are going after Harry McKay with a very lucrative deal in $$ and years that the Blues will be hard pressed to compete with given their recent splurge on imported talent. Martin and Williams alone will take up $2m of their cap space next season. They have a surplus of key forwards and we believe we can shake McKay loose.

- Tom McDonald to the Kangaroos. His brother will be delisted. The McDonald era at Melbourne is no more.

- One of Brayshaw or Viney won’t be at the club next season. The club would prefer that player be Gus.

- Saad rumour is true we are keen but so are others.
Tom Morris backed up this regarding Tom McDonald comment and said he's had some interest from North Melbourne.

Merrett unfollowing Essendon on Insta is a pisstake, but apparently he also removed any mention of the club from his bio, which admittedly is a bit more interesting. Would be very Melbourne Grammar of him to end up at the Dees. Definitely preferable to McKay and Saad, complements our inside mid mix well as well as being able to play full minutes across half back and the wing.

Would take our 2021 first as well as whatever we get for trading Viney or a combo of Brayshaw/Harmes/TMac

Merrett unfollowing Essendon on Insta is a pisstake, but apparently he also removed any mention of the club from his bio, which admittedly is a bit more interesting. Would be very Melbourne Grammar of him to end up at the Dees. Definitely preferable to McKay and Saad, complements our inside mid mix well as well as being able to play full minutes across half back and the wing.

Would take our 2021 first as well as whatever we get for trading Viney or a combo of Brayshaw/Harmes/TMac
Still all over his Twitter.
Why would you delete them from your bio a month before trade period even starts. ******* hate this part of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back