List Mgmt. The 2020 Trade and Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

1 million a season is less than we're paying the combination of Tom MacDonald and Braydon Pruess.

I ******* hate the guy but he's worth it.

Fair enough. He hasn’t looked like a $1m player this year though. For that sort of coin I’d prefer DeGoey. Younger, taller, can play on ball or full forward, bigger upside.

Fair enough. He hasn’t looked like a $1m player this year though. For that sort of coin I’d prefer DeGoey. Younger, taller, can play on ball or full forward, bigger upside.
Green kicked 16-11 goals this year and averaged more disposals in his 'down' year.

Upside 🤮

We have been paying Tom McDonald $750k the past two seasons for producing absolute donuts.

Paying a guy like McKay 800K instead of 600k to get him across is not a stretch, especially when you consider it over the course of a five year contract.

You have to take risks if you want the pot of gold, or be content to float between 7th and 12th on the ladder for the next four years.

Potentially mate, but the cap is going to be much tighter with reductions and list cuts.

Don't see the $200k difference as insignificant.

Oliver's 21 or 22, plus Viney doesn't do much for on field leadership except try really hard which is no more than Hibberd.
When was the last time Viney had a huge last quarter in an important game? 2017 against the Eagles? We had Jordan Lewis last year and won 5 games. This year without him we won 9. One player doesn't make a difference.

Thought Viney was very good in the last quarter against GWS with game on the line. It would be a body blow to lose him, he sets the tone inside. 12th for contested possessions in the comp this season.

Pity if we lose guys like Viney, Brayshaw etc . But we will never put together a premiership list without giving something up to hopefully provide a net benefit to MFC. If we simply sit on our best 8 or so players and rotate B graders in and out of the Club there is no hope in hell we will go Top 4 any time soon. But I’d still do everything to keep Viney regardless Cos at least he adds some toughness and let’s be honest we are a pretty soft group that lets it’s captain get ‘bullied’ by piss weak Crows players.

Speaking of toughness it reminds me of an MFC family day at the Junction Oval I took my son to many years ago - when Russell Robertson was playing. I remember the players cruising around, most with spray tans, tips in their hair and waxed legs. I tell you they were the ‘prettiest’ group of footballers I had ever seen. And I remember thinking - how would these guys go in a Grand Final when it got a bit willing. Yeah I know I’m a bit of a dinosaur and the game has progressed beyond Rod Grinter etc but I still think we need some extra toughness in our group.

You guys may read something into this, or not? Cheers...

You can have him for pick 91 if you take his salary.

More likely he borrowed a car and - shock horror - he didn't get to change the numberplate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saad isn't a target for the dees.

More Tom Morris wankfest
I’m 34, sometimes I feel old because it seems as though language is rapidly evolving largely due to online interactions. Sometimes I struggle to keep up and understand it all. However, on occasion, and I’m guessing it’s due to cretins like the one you’ve mentioned, it makes perfect sense. Tom Morris is the embodiment of peak stupid.

Except we aren't down to one tall
Weid, Brown, Petty, Jackson and McDonald hasn't left yet.
You need to sell this to Goodwin not us.

Glad he sees the forest for the trees.

Putting our premiership tilt in the hands of an inconsistent & young 2nd tall and a 6 gamer (touted to play indifferent areas) is madness.

If TMac goes to North it could be interesting re: Brown

If we've only made finals once in the last 4 years with this list, then I really doubt that "filling a hole" or "adding the final piece of the puzzle" is going to make any difference whatsoever. I think we already have most of the types of players we need, just too many of them have been poorly developed or are languishing in roles they are not suited for. Plus our gameplan is shisen housen.

No idea why we would even want another key position forward, the best we looked all year was with Weid and Jackson playing as the only two genuine talls up forward. Let's go with that next year (with Brown as backup if injury occurs) and Goodwin and co can go and do their jobs by developing a functional gameplan with the core squad we already have. If Goody really thinks our issues with our connection to the forward line (whatever the hell that means) is primarily a personnel problem then he is delusional.

Obviously they'll be a few list changes, but nothing major required please.

And if Goody can't design a gameplan over summer to get this team playing good football and comfortably making finals next year then he can rack off.

Surprised anyone would even recognise Tom MacDonald.
I would. I’ve kind of very vaguely fancied him for a while now. Vaguely mind

Thought Viney was very good in the last quarter against GWS with game on the line. It would be a body blow to lose him, he sets the tone inside. 12th for contested possessions in the comp this season.

Luckily we specifically drafted 54 other blokes who do this job. Contested touches is the least of our problems.

You need to sell this to Goodwin not us.

Glad he sees the forest for the trees.

Putting our premiership tilt in the hands of an inconsistent & young 2nd tall and a 6 gamer (touted to play indifferent areas) is madness.

If TMac goes to North it could be interesting re: Brown

Who says Weid is a second tall? That's made up crap.
Statistically Weid has been better contested mark than Brown over the last 3 years. Ben Brown was nearly winning colemans while North were missing finals. One bloody player ain't gonna make or break our premiership tilt 😂

We need an absolute gun forward who opposition players and coaches worry about who they are going to play on them to stop them. I don’t actually care if they are tall or small - players like Papley, Jeremy Cameron, Charlie Cameron, Gunston and Toby Green would all help make us a much more dangerous forward line and improve our team immensely by giving us something we just don’t have at the moment. I think Weid will be solid without being a star and then right now you could throw a blanket over the rest of our forwards - Fritsch, Hannan, Melksham, ANB - too many similar types who just don’t do enough damage. I think Jackson will be a start but needs tune to develop.

Not saying it’s all we need, but a gun forward should be very high on the priority list.

We need an absolute gun forward who opposition players and coaches worry about who they are going to play on them to stop them. I don’t actually care if they are tall or small - players like Papley, Jeremy Cameron, Charlie Cameron, Gunston and Toby Green would all help make us a much more dangerous forward line and improve our team immensely by giving us something we just don’t have at the moment. I think Weid will be solid without being a star and then right now you could throw a blanket over the rest of our forwards - Fritsch, Hannan, Melksham, ANB - too many similar types who just don’t do enough damage. I think Jackson will be a start but needs tune to develop.

Not saying it’s all we need, but a gun forward should be very high on the priority list.

Are you related to Topkent?

Lets be real , who is Weideman supposed to learn from ? T-mac is ****ed , Fritsch is a flanker masquerading as a forward . The kid has No one to learn from.
Line him up to other key forwards , he is as skinny as * . If our mids decide he is No 1 forward , they might decide to kick to his advantage , haha maybe.

Lets be real , who is Weideman supposed to learn from ? T-mac is f’ed , Fritsch is a flanker masquerading as a forward . The kid has No one to learn from.
Line him up to other key forwards , he is as skinny as fu** . If our mids decide he is No 1 forward , they might decide to kick to his advantage , haha maybe.
Call me crazy, but perhaps the coaches.

lol, who am I kidding?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back