Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
so apparently Carlton, Essendon and Melbourne have been told Tom Papley is staying at Sydney according to Jono Brown.
Ha. Imagine having those three clubs to choose from! If Geelong, Richmond or Collingwood were in the race, I'm sure he'd be on the 1st plane out of Sydney!

King Kunta

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Really hope we look to add players with skill and composure on every line. It's all well and good to go after guys with leg speed but it means little if their disposal is poor. Quick ball movement predominantly relies on skill and unfortunately that's something we lack desperately.

Williams should be the priority, and I'd like to see us land one of Gunston and Finlayson to compliment our forward structure.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Really hope we look to add players with skill and composure on every line. It's all well and good to go after guys with leg speed but it means little if their disposal is poor. Quick ball movement predominantly relies on skill and unfortunately that's something we lack desperately.

Williams should be the priority, and I'd like to see us land one of Gunston and Finlayson to compliment our forward structure.
We should be throwing the kitchen sink at Williams. And I'd be going hard for Gunston, Finlayson, Stephenson or Mihocek. Someone surely gets squeezed out of that Collingwood F50. Both these guys could be gettable. If Hawks are looking to rebuild, then yes, go hard for Gunston(was surprised to see he was only 28! Feels like he's been around forever. I swore he was over 30). He's pretty much an identical player to Fritsch though, so I can see us being more interested in Breust. Our F50 simply has to make changes in the offseason. A running backman with skills, another wingman, and some forwards would be nice. Probably need another quality small defender. Small forwards seem to dominate us this season now Jetta is looking past it. Lockhart looked ok, but not sure long term that's his best spot.

so apparently Carlton, Essendon and Melbourne have been told Tom Papley is staying at Sydney according to Jono Brown.

There is talk that this is due to Daniher not likely to make it to swans and they have upped Papley’s coin to match what the blues were throwing.

I asked my mate if GWS would make a play for Joe and he just laughed and said “do what they did to us with Buddy?” Didn’t say no though.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
There is talk that this is due to Daniher not likely to make it to swans and they have upped Papley’s coin to match what the blues were throwing.

I asked my mate if GWS would make a play for Joe and he just laughed and said “do what they did to us with Buddy?” Didn’t say no though.
Mate there's not a ******* hope in hell GWS go for Daniher. Their salary cap is already ****ed to the point they need to offload more players yet they are gonna go out and get a 800k a year injury prone forward.

King Kunta

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
We should be throwing the kitchen sink at Williams. And I'd be going hard for Gunston, Finlayson, Stephenson or Mihocek. Someone surely gets squeezed out of that Collingwood F50. Both these guys could be gettable. If Hawks are looking to rebuild, then yes, go hard for Gunston(was surprised to see he was only 28! Feels like he's been around forever. I swore he was over 30). He's pretty much an identical player to Fritsch though, so I can see us being more interested in Breust. Our F50 simply has to make changes in the offseason. A running backman with skills, another wingman, and some forwards would be nice. Probably need another quality small defender. Small forwards seem to dominate us this season now Jetta is looking past it. Lockhart looked ok, but not sure long term that's his best spot.

Agree with all of that. If we're to believe the reports that we were interested in Papley, then you'd think we will turn our attention to another small forward.

Mate there's not a ******* hope in hell GWS go for Daniher. Their salary cap is already f’ed to the point they need to offload more players yet they are gonna go out and get a 800k a year injury prone forward.

Yeah I know that was more me having fun with the situation.

Their focus is on getting Cameron sorted.

So much of GWS cap is tied up between Cognilio, Kelly, Whitfield and Cameron. All of these guys would have had a year at over $1M in their current deal depending on front/back loaded. Cameron is widely thought to be on the most cash in the AFL this year.

Ha. Imagine having those three clubs to choose from! If Geelong, Richmond or Collingwood were in the race, I'm sure he'd be on the 1st plane out of Sydney!
I reckon this year will be the one year that Vic players based outside Victoria would need to be highly convinced to move back home

I miss my family and friends so I want to come back to Melbourne and be isolated in my house and prohibited from seeing family and friends.....

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Dees having a very good chat to Stephenson's management...

Looks improbable so far, but one whisper is he feels left out at Collingwood.

The other whisper, he likes shenanigans similar to why melb moved on Hogan...

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets

* I don't care what he does off field, he's a ******* gun player and whatever we paid would be unders.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

Stephenson would be a huge get. But yes there does seem to be some baggage. Would have to part with next years first.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Wing position solved if he comes in.

2021 first?
Yes please. Has struggled to get involved in a number of games this season, hence why he's been dropped a couple of times. Not sure I'd be giving up a 1st rounder, but I feel we might have to, to satisfy Collingwood. He's got pace, can kick multiple goals. Tick tick for our front half. Can't see Collingwood letting him go though.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Has a lot of baggage, ain't the sharpest tool in the shed and finds himself on the outer of a pretty average Pies forward line.

Reckon there's something up there and I wouldn't be taking him unless he came cheap.
Kicked 62 goals in his first 40 games. Kids a bloody star. He's 21 years old, if that's old enough to write off a kid because of discipline then we won't get * all talent into the club

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm not sure where his development will come from.

He's obviously kicked a heap of goals and is quick, nimble, good footy instincts and a lovely kick. But, he doesn't like to get his hands dirty and over the last 18 months has gone missing in a Pies team that gets their fair share of ball. I'm worried that in a poorly functioning side he just goes missing a bit. Like I said, I'd obviously take him but not sure i'd be giving up a best 22 player + a first.

Don't think he'll ever put enough weight on to play another role than FP/HFF. Granted, that is what we need, but he has a few too many question marks for me.

Did Matthew Lloyd just ask a kid who has been at the club for 9-10 months who has improved their body the most over the last 12 months?

HANDSOLO

Club Legend
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Did Matthew Lloyd just ask a kid who has been at the club for 9-10 months who has improved their body the most over the last 12 months?

Sexually though, so 3 months Insta + 9 RL

watch the bloody interview man

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Didn't even think of that lol. Pretty funny actually cause Lloyd is one of the better media blokes

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Not the wing, you stick him into the forward 50 and say work your magic mate. He's capable of kicking 5 as a small.
Would get rid of all of our mediums and next year's first for him
Yep. He’s a nightmare matchup when he’s on.
I’d also put some of his form this year down to missing a hell of a lot of pre season with glandular fever.

Back