List Mgmt. The 2020 Trade and Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Dees having a very good chat to Stephenson's management...

Looks improbable so far, but one whisper is he feels left out at Collingwood.

The other whisper, he likes shenanigans similar to why melb moved on Hogan...

If shenanigans getting him to Melbourne on the cheap I'm all for them.

I'm not sure where his development will come from.

He's obviously kicked a heap of goals and is quick, nimble, good footy instincts and a lovely kick. But, he doesn't like to get his hands dirty and over the last 18 months has gone missing in a Pies team that gets their fair share of ball. I'm worried that in a poorly functioning side he just goes missing a bit. Like I said, I'd obviously take him but not sure i'd be giving up a best 22 player + a first.

Don't think he'll ever put enough weight on to play another role than FP/HFF. Granted, that is what we need, but he has a few too many question marks for me.

He's got Gunston like upside and abiliy, probably just needs a good kick up the arse and wake up call. I wouldn't sell the farm for him but I'm very interested.

He's got Gunston like upside and abiliy, probably just needs a good kick up the arse and wake up call. I wouldn't sell the farm for him but I'm very interested.
Blokes like May, Harley and Gawn have all needed a kick up the arse at one point or another and responded well. Could potentially offer some good support for him in not being a dickhead?

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
SAAD PLEASE
Yep. Bombers stalling on his contract supposedly. Would be surprised if they don't get it done, but we should be sending flowers to his managers Mrs or something right about now. We need to go hard on Williams, Saad or one of Crows running defenders(Smith/Laird/Milera).

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yes please. Has struggled to get involved in a number of games this season, hence why he's been dropped a couple of times. Not sure I'd be giving up a 1st rounder, but I feel we might have to, to satisfy Collingwood. He's got pace, can kick multiple goals. Tick tick for our front half. Can't see Collingwood letting him go though.
I agree with your last comment.

But if they are going to try signing Degoey, Moore and miocheck this year, something is probably gonna shake free.

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
There is talk that this is due to Daniher not likely to make it to swans and they have upped Papley’s coin to match what the blues were throwing.

I asked my mate if GWS would make a play for Joe and he just laughed and said “do what they did to us with Buddy?” Didn’t say no though.
Funny how didn't mention the Papley talk a page or two back when you were discussing trades being that Papley is up your way??

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who has an IQ low enough to bet on themselves in a game of footy (and not hide it well) should probably be avoided

If he was betting on the opposition I'd be with you, but who really cares if players bet on themselves/own team?

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Aidan Corr has informed GWS that he'll use his free agency rights.
North in the frame to sign him. We were one of the clubs named last week in the paper to have shown interest.

The Papley one is interesting. Just shows that we are still in the hunt for an experience small forward to complement Pickett. I don’t know what other options there is.

After the weekend I'd love Daniels from GWS.. anyone know his contract status?

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Well that's exactly what we need.

A flakey, soft, can't be ****ed doing any hard work, gambling addicted, bogan spelling first name s**t tattoo party boy with a heart condition, being turfed on his arse by a club we beat by 10 goals.

Give him everything and make him captain!

(And here I was thinking we'd filled our quota of ex-Colligwood rejects).

I'd rather we recruit Dawes and Lumumba again. And besides, we just spend a first round draft pick on a gun small forward named Pickett. Just wait till he starts pulling off that fancy s**t!!!

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
If he was betting on the opposition I'd be with you, but who really cares if players bet on themselves/own team?
I think that's what he did isn't it? AFL never revealed his bet.

Another reason not to get him- we just don't have Collingwood's power, resources and budget to "take care" of s**t like that.

Collingwood spent days negotiating that bullshit penalty, if that was a Dees player there'd be no negotiating and he'd have been suspended for a year.

I think that's what he did isn't it? AFL never revealed his bet.

Another reason not to get him- we just don't have Collingwood's power, resources and budget to "take care" of sh*t like that.

Collingwood spent days negotiating that bullshit penalty, if that was a Dees player there'd be no negotiating and he'd have been suspended for a year.

It was something like a $20 bet on Collingwood and him kicking more than a certain number of goals I'm pretty sure. Hardly gambling addict levels or anything massively concerning.

Funny how didn't mention the Papley talk a page or two back when you were discussing trades being that Papley is up your way??

I wrote enough about Papley last year and laid it all out. Nothing that has happened over the last 12 weeks has changed this. Go back to last years page and read about Papley’s “family i$$ue$”

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
I wrote enough about Papley last year and laid it all out. Nothing that has happened over the last 12 weeks has changed this. Go back to las theres page and read about Papley’s “family i$$ue$”
I was aware of his issues. I'm personally glad him he's staying. Means one less player Carlton fans will claim as the 2nd coming of christ (see Jack Martin).

Aidan Corr has informed GWS that he'll use his free agency rights.
North in the frame to sign him. We were one of the clubs named last week in the paper to have shown interest.

The Papley one is interesting. Just shows that we are still in the hunt for an experience small forward to complement Pickett. I don’t know what other options there is.

After the weekend I'd love Daniels from GWS.. anyone know his contract status?

We chased Daniels hard last year, was between us and saints for butler (after Carlton ****ed it) and almost nabbed Elliott. We were very keen on a FP. Not sure if they see Kossie as that piece but fair to say we’re still in the market.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back