List Mgmt. The 2020 Trade and Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How are the kids eligible though?

Do they have to be born overseas? or be indigenous? what is the exact criteria?

Therein lies the rub. Last time I looked there weren't huge numbers of indigenous players getting around Portsea. And the Mornington Peninsula is one of the least culturally diverse areas in all of Australia. You may as well give us Toorak Road and those teenagers who are members of the Young Libs

I saw someone that just one of their parents need to be born OS

Seems pretty flaky
******* hell, in the Western suburbs that is half the population

Absoloutely 0 chance Saad moves. This sh*t happens every year, it's a management plot to push his price up.

Legit never happens, Essendon want him, he's gonna stay.
Is Tom McDonald a big move if he goes to Essendon though?

In fairness, we do have Alice, and did have a share of Darwin before it was all given to GC
It’s why I hate this academy/zone s**t. Historically, the MFC was ****ed by the zone system and it appears we’ve also been shafted here. The whole next gen thing was just piecemeal for McChins going apeshit over the GWS/Sydney academies. Yeah it sucks that they have those, but it’s not like they’re getting first dibs on Leigh Matthews every year, the draft pick points system made this fairer as well.

It’s why I hate this academy/zone sh*t. Historically, the MFC was f’ed by the zone system and it appears we’ve also been shafted here. The whole next gen thing was just piecemeal for McChins going apeshit over the GWS/Sydney academies. Yeah it sucks that they have those, but it’s not like they’re getting first dibs on Leigh Matthews every year, the draft pick points system made this fairer as well.

Yep, it's load of ******* s**t. No one should have academies or zones. GWS and GC have had enough time to get their s**t together now.

No incentive? We pay him $400k to play ressies and by next year he will be our third choice ruckman. Getting that contract alone off the books should be incentive enough.
Yeah except $400k is just not that much money. People on this board make more of a deal of it than it is.

Yeah except $400k is just not that much money. People on this board make more of a deal of it than it is.
Indeed, last years average wage was reported to be $362,471, so we pay a bit under $40k more than the average wage for a back up ruckman that is better than a lot of teams first choice ruckman.

Plus, with 2 years to go on his contract, him keen to stay, and us keen to keep him, if a club wants him, they'll need to pay well over the market in terms of trade, and salary to him, to get him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It kind of is though, there were 215 players in the league on $400k or more. Divide that by the 18 clubs and that’s 11.9. Basically a $400k player should be a top 12 player on a list. A further 148 players were on $300k-$400k, a total of 363 players above $300k at an average of 20.2 per club.

$400k for a guy that has played 10 games out of 37 is a bit much.

2018 numbers but they wouldn’t be too dissimilar.

It kind of is though, there were 215 players in the league on $400k or more. Divide that by the 18 clubs and that’s 11.9. Basically a $400k player should be a top 12 player on a list. A further 148 players were on $300k-$400k, a total of 363 players above $300k at an average of 20.2 per club.

Except that’s not how salary cap decisions work.

Except that’s not how salary cap decisions work.
What does that mean?

We could delist a Wagner and his $200k reserve wage and replace with a $200k reserve ruckman to play the couple games Gawn and Jackson both miss.

get Preuss and his $400k wage off the books and get a guy in that’s going to play in the best 22 every week.
Indeed, last years average wage was reported to be $362,471, so we pay a bit under $40k more than the average wage for a back up ruckman that is better than a lot of teams first choice ruckman.

Plus, with 2 years to go on his contract, him keen to stay, and us keen to keep him, if a club wants him, they'll need to pay well over the market in terms of trade, and salary to him, to get him.
Average wage is bumped up by players getting $1 million a year, most players aare below the average.

Last edited:
They're all carrying on about opinions and spelling mistakes on our thread so I thought I'd stop by and ask you lads about a nice slice of fetta or a good drop of bubbly I can surprise the missus with?
Feta is nice stuff but it’s essentially a peasant cheese, not a gift surprise cheese. Impressive gifts you want your champagne/Roquefort combo then stock up the fridge with lesser lights that do the job nicely once you’re sufficiently pizzled

******* bingo, it’s just not that hard, Pruess has played 11 odd games in 2 years and in his last 2 outing had 11 touches and one tackle combined and is making above the league average to be a mediocre back up

******* bingo, it’s just not that hard, Pruess has played 11 odd games in 2 years and in his last 2 outing had 11 touches and one tackle combined and is making above the league average to be a mediocre back up
What a tackle that was though! Got right into that dude's face after he planted him into the turf!

They're all carrying on about opinions and spelling mistakes on our thread so I thought I'd stop by and ask you lads about a nice slice of fetta or a good drop of bubbly I can surprise the missus with?
You have two options to surprise the good lady wife: (sans feta)
1. The down and dirty “aren’t we being naughty tonight” Budget Hotel Option
- Spumante and Block of Coon Cheddar
2. The once a year “be like a Melbourne supporter“ Luxury Special
- Dom Perignon and Wykes Farm Cheddar
Either will be fun.

Hahaha I'm done, thought I was going to get roasted and instead left liking Melbourne supports that little more, good to see supporters with a sense of humour 😂 I was going to say thanks for pick 9 but you're playing essendon.

Hahaha I'm done, thought I was going to get roasted and instead left liking Melbourne supports that little more, good to see supporters with a sense of humour 😂 I was going to say thanks for pick 9 but you're playing essendon.

It'll be pick 9 unless the Saints utensil it up spectacularly (Can't see that happening even though its possible).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back