List Mgmt. The 2020 Trade and Draft Thread

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Well going by reports, Cameron is still fair way off in committing to the club. The likes of Perryman, Williams will aid some pressure you'd think. But wouldn't be surprised if Josh Kelly's name gets thrown up in the next coming weeks.
I don't think Finlayson would take much cap space, maybe 250-300k a year range. That said, it's still cap space and GWS are gonna need as much of it as they can get. Definitely seems like insurance on Cameron leaving.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
The majority of players in the best 22 are not getting anywhere near $400k.

It is a horrendously poor allocation of the salary cap.
It's certainly a Cap management strategy ... pay what you need to retain your star players, and fill the gaps with low cost role players, but at this point, it's almost certainly one that doesn't work.

Last edited:

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
So Frost gets nominated by the Hawks as one of their MVP nominations which means he's top 3 at their club.
Weird because listening to certain blokes on here I thought he must have been delist material

Its just to justify why they picked him up.

Its just to justify why they picked him up.
it's voted by the players, do you think they really give a * in trying to justify certain new recruits?

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jack Martin got nominated for MVP where Paddy Cripps didn't even get a gig..

I've watched thr last 4 Hawthorn games and Frosts ball use has been horrible. Go back to the St Kilda game when Hawthorn had all the momentum in the last quarter, and he butchered a kick out straight to a St Kilda player for a goal.

Frost hasn't improved at all. Only difference is he's playing in a different jumper.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jack Martin got nominated for MVP where Paddy Cripps didn't even get a gig..

I've watched thr last 4 Hawthorn games and Frosts ball use has been horrible. Go back to the St Kilda game when Hawthorn had all the momentum in the last quarter, and he butchered a kick out straight to a St Kilda player for a goal.

Frost hasn't improved at all. Only difference is he's playing in a different jumper.
Apart from maybe 3 games I've watched, Martin has been extremely average. Round 1 where he kicked 4, and I think it was against the dogs and maybe north or someone else.

We dodged a massive bullet there.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Apart from maybe 3 games I've watched, Martin has been extremely average. Round 1 where he kicked 4, and I think it was against the dogs and maybe north or someone else.

We dodged a massive bullet there.
Exactly right. Massively overrated and inconsistent. He'd be infuriating to watch as a supporter. At his pricetag he should be winning the Brownlow, the Norm Smith and the Coleman and yet most likely won't be Top 5 in his sides b&f.

Wow, been away from the site for a few days and i now see big Frosty's name thrown up here. I watch every Hawthorn game and follow Frost very closely. Is very deserving to be nominated for MVP. Has had a terrific season which has gone under the radar because Hawthorn are bad. Clarko turned him into a boring, normal footballer so a lot of the spotlight has gone away from him. Has delivered terrific defensive efforts and has been good 1v1 in a side that is conceding plenty of i50s. If i see any more slander against him i'll riot.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
funny how Mason Wood was talked up a few years ago now hes gone with alot of others players at north

Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
funny how Mason Wood was talked up a few years ago now hes gone with alot of others players at north
Has talent but lacks application. We have enough flaky midsized forwards.

We could do worse than pick up one of Macmillan, Pittard or Williams (geez North have taken the nuclear option with their small defenders) - with Jetta looking cooked and Hibberd 32 next year, another small defender would help our list balance...

We could do worse than pick up one of Macmillan, Pittard or Williams (geez North have taken the nuclear option with their small defenders) - with Jetta looking cooked and Hibberd 32 next year, another small defender would help our list balance...
Don't mind Williams from what I've seen. Would be happy to give him a year as depth if needed.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne

I dodnt say anything about getting Wood. I just remember when his last contract was up there was alot of talk about how good he was gonna be. I wouldn't get any of them. Macmillan goes home to have a baby and loses his job pretty ****ed up really considering he was in the leadership group

Back