List Mgmt. The 2020 Trade and Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bailey Laurie is a type we need, I can understand odriscoll offering some value at our pick also but wouldn’t have another’s inside mid as a priority unless you think he does offer enough as a half back?
I think O'Driscoll definitely offers enough as either as an outside mid, half back, or he could even play as a lockdown defender on small/medium forwards (a New replacement).

Giving JT more picks to work with after last year is interesting, feels like whilst they're confident the club can become a finals regular they wanted to address the gaping hole we had in regards to first rounders 2016/2017.
yeah there is a clear gap of anyone decent in the 20-22 year old bracket

Stocking up on a couplke more quality kids this year will help gloss over that a bit

Especially since if we have a good year next year I can see the club not hitting the draft early in the next 24-36 months

Andrew Phillips signed on to the Dons for another year.

We should probably not melt until we officially do the deal next time.

In before we sign up some other ridiculously bad ruckman (Zach Clarke?) for 2021
Once we realised no-one was coming in for TMac then the need for a backup ruck disappeared. Tommy can easily fill the gap if Gawn goes down for a number of games, with assistance from Jackson.

Factoring this in, it looks like Jackson/T Mac will be the main ruck insurance. Perhaps a state-leaguer in the rookie draft

Also:
- Jackson signed a one year extension, not two
- That's Jake Lever, not Mitch Brown (although moustaches can be confusing)

Andrew Phillips signed on to the Dons for another year.

We should probably not melt until we officially do the deal next time.

In before we sign up some other ridiculously bad ruckman (Zach Clarke?) for 2021

If I didn't melt we would have signed him. Say thank you , you ungrateful bastard.

I have no issue with Mitch Brown but don't really see where he fits
Ditto. Did his bit this season but with BBrown, Weid, Jackson, TMc, (Petty?), we should be ok for tall forwards. Not going to break the cap with him though so whatever, one more year at * all coin won't hurt for insurance.

I have no issue with Mitch Brown but don't really see where he fits
Could see him playing ahead of Jackson/Weideman at times if the forward set up calls for more of a roaming type to work in tandem with BBB.

Obviously that wouldn't be the ideal scenario, but would rather him as the main backup for our KPFs than McDonald at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New AFL player pay deal reached, list sizes revealed - https://www.afl.com.au/news/524822

List sizes finally out. 36-38 senior list, 4-6 regular rookies +2 cat B rookies.

Not sure what our numbers are atm, but should have a few spots on each list free?

If my math is correct, after trades, delistings, and Nietschke moving to the rookie list, we have:
  • 34 Senior List
  • 4 Rookies
  • 1 Category B Rookie

Using picks 18, 19, 28 and 50 takes the Senior List of 38 exactly.

I would've thought Pick 89 would be used to upgrade Lockhart to the senior list, but he might have to wait for a long-term injury upgrade during the season.

Factoring this in, it looks like Jackson/T Mac will be the main ruck insurance. Perhaps a state-leaguer in the rookie draft

Jackson Trengove?

Jackson Trengove?
We're keeping Mitch Brown on, so I'd have thought any ruck support would come from him and TMac

Aside from the fact that they look nothing alike you would have thought the dumb* who picked this photo might have recognised Jeremy Cameron and Steven May in the same shot, realised that this was happening in our backline, and known that the moustache photographed belongs to Jake Lever and not Mitch Brown.

Bailey Laurie is a type we need, I can understand odriscoll offering some value at our pick also but wouldn’t have another’s inside mid as a priority unless you think he does offer enough as a half back?
I haven’t finished drafting but Driscoll played he’s junior year at under 18s at Half-back he’s a fantastic utility player who can pretty much play anywhere

With you’re second round pick I drafted half-back wingman Zac Dumesny
Why do these phantom drafts have people pick who have nfi about the club they are drafting for?

Its like coming in here and asking what colour you should paint the shorts on your tin models of players

Why do these phantom drafts have people pick who have nfi about the club they are drafting for?

Its like coming in here and asking what colour you should paint the shorts on your tin models of players
Huh? I thought I drafted well for Melbourne first I bid on Gulden because Melbourne need a small forward but the bid was matched I then drafted Laurie because I think he’s the second best small in the draft I drafted utility Driscoll who can play pretty much anywhere and I drafted shutdown running defender Dumesny who can also play on the wing if needed too but perhaps you can tell me who I should have drafted

Huh? I thought I drafted well for Melbourne first I bid on Gulden because Melbourne need a small forward but the bid was matched I then drafted Laurie because I think he’s the second best small in the draft I drafted utility Driscoll who can play pretty much anywhere and I drafted shutdown running defender Dumesny who can also play on the wing if needed too but perhaps you can tell me who I should have drafted
Im still struggling to work out why anyone here cares who an oppo supporter picked in a pretend draft?

Mitch Brown was decent when he played.
yeah he lways looked comfortable at the level when he got a go

Very handy backup option

Remove this Banner Ad

Back