39. Carlton - Pass
40. West Coast - Sarah Lakay - Swan Districts
41. Melbourne - Georgia Campbell - Eastern Ranges
42. Melbourne- Tahlia Gillard - Calder Cannons
43. North Melbourne - Perri King - Glenorchy
44. Fremantle - Airlie Runnalls - North Melbourne
45. Melbourne - Alison Brown - Casey Demons
46. Brisbane - Mikayla Pauga - Bond University AFC

There were a few shock selections, but I think most people were expecting that to some degree. No Jaide Anthony, Nyakoat Dojiok, Poppy Schaap, even Chloe Leonard is a bit shocking, but the first 3 are a decent group of top agers to have for VIC Country next year

There were a few shock selections, but I think most people were expecting that to some degree. No Jaide Anthony, Nyakoat Dojiok, Poppy Schaap, even Chloe Leonard is a bit shocking, but the first 3 are a decent group of top agers to have for VIC Country next year
Also, with Ling, Snell, Chaston, Maurer getting drafted after playing NAB and none of the girls who chose to play VFLW instead got drafted, it would seem that there's a clearer pathway for AFLW hopefuls. That Rays team was looking scary already without the prospect of Anthony returning.

Also, with Ling, Snell, Chaston, Maurer getting drafted after playing NAB and none of the girls who chose to play VFLW instead got drafted, it would seem that there's a clearer pathway for AFLW hopefuls. That Rays team was looking scary already without the prospect of Anthony returning.
Yeah it's a funny thing isn't it, maybe speaks for the quality of last years draft in the context of someone like Snell

Carlton have their backup ruck who will be 27 next week.

The Saints still have their vacant spot to fill with reports they are looking at another ruck from SA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton have their backup ruck who will be 27 next week.

The Saints still have their vacant spot to fill with reports they are looking at another ruck from SA.
Leah Cutting from Norwood.

Interested to Now know what the dogs wanted for Kim Rennie

we picked her up with pick 28 so would have offered that. That seems more than fair and tbh I thought we’d offer a later pick so dogs must have been unreasonable in expecting more
The Dogs wouldn't have used 28, though. All their picks were in front of 28. It was always going to be a difficult trade to complete once the Dogs had done their pick swaps. Even 19 (once the Roos got it) would have only been a marginal upgrade for the Dogs, as well as being massive overs for a second ruck. (Rennie was so valuable to the Dogs that they made no effort to replace her at all.)

It should have just been a Bennetts/Grierson/Rennie 3-way trade from the start and it basically was in the end.

The Dogs wouldn't have used 28, though. All their picks were in front of 28. It was always going to be a difficult trade to complete once the Dogs had done their pick swaps. Even 19 (once the Roos got it) would have only been a marginal upgrade for the Dogs, as well as being massive overs for a second ruck. (Rennie was so valuable to the Dogs that they made no effort to replace her at all.)

It should have just been a Bennetts/Grierson/Rennie 3-way trade from the start and it basically was in the end.
Surely the dogs could have delisted another player and made use of pick 28, their list couldn’t even get them to finals there’s deadwood aplenty

I find it hard to believe the dogs list is so stacked their last player on their list is better than a potential pick 28

Surely the dogs could have delisted another player and made use of pick 28, their list couldn’t even get them to finals there’s deadwood aplenty

I find it hard to believe the dogs list is so stacked their last player on their list is better than a potential pick 28
I wouldn't say stacked, so much as having too many inexperienced players already. I think half their list is born 2000 or later, or something like that.

If I'm them, I'm probably taking the pick and just not signing Cranston if they're not putting Berry on their inactive list. But I also would have just delisted Rennie after the trade fell through. I'm not sure a second ruck is worth much of anything anyway and they never bothered replacing her.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back