Preview The 2021 BF NMFC whipping boy market

Remove this Banner Ad

pupstar

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2017
cairns
AFL Club
North Melbourne
i'm getting on mahony. love the guy but if he's not getting a lot of footy it's easy to see why people who don't appreciate his talent and game sense would shitcan him
I hate this thread with a passion like really really HATE it. But if we have to have it i am going with LDU TT Larkey Talyor Phillips all our young guns that i love just to annoy the crap out of posters that have whipping boys.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Atley and Ziebull
1608701468824.png

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
anyway regardless who it is they have some pretty big boots to fill in recent times coming on the heels of Liam Anthony, Gibbo and JMac.

anyway regardless who it is they have some pretty big boots to fill in recent times coming on the heels of Liam Anthony, Gibbo and JMac.

They all pale into significance when lined up against our all time Chief Whip - The Right Honourable Sir Shannon Watt.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Funnily enough you criticised posters that had the 12 delistees as whipping boys. Majority, bar Ahern you’d have retained (evident by the fact you ran off and had a sulk post the announcement). Turns out our current list management team won’t settle for mediocrity either.

IMO will be far less whipping boys then the past 5 years, because the list is more talented.

Some won’t make it, and posters will call it. Not everyone needs to share Ferb level optimisism about the list.

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
I reckon Walker played as a forward might be a chance. Strong mark followed by a sprayed shot at goal, all you need to gather some post match scorn.

Any chance J Walker is having 200 shots at goal a day in the off season? I don't see him as a forward, but practice goal kicking enough and who knows. A 13 year old kid I know is training for baseball a minimum of 8 hours a day in school holidays. Literally hits balls till his hands bleed. Getting axed by the Lions with Noble coming in no doubt has crossed his mind, and hope he is motivated to improve on his deficiencies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Funnily enough you criticised posters that had the 12 delistees as whipping boys. Majority, bar Ahern you’d have retained (evident by the fact you ran off and had a sulk post the announcement). Turns out our current list management team won’t settle for mediocrity either.

You like change because you are too limited in your football understanding to see anything else.

If it doesn't work, toss out 1/4 of the list and start again. If that doesn't work, toss out another 1/4 of the list and start again......etc, etc, etc.

It's unadulterated unsophisticated supercoachism, and it's the only thing you understand.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You like change because you are too limited in your football understanding to see anything else.

If it doesn't work, toss out 1/4 of the list and start again. If that doesn't work, toss out another 1/4 of the list and start again......etc, etc, etc.

It's unadulterated unsophisticated supercoachism, and it's the only thing you understand.

Yawn.

Don’t be so insecure.

Many of the “whipping boys” were culled because they weren’t good enough. Quite funny that you thought they were, & then they got delisted.

Dec 31, 2015
Santiago, Chile
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Whipping boys are for clueless people who want to profess they know something about football and have something to say on the forums. If the player is eventually delisted they will strut about telling all and sundry how right they were, and if the player gets good like numerous whipping boys (Petrie, Jacobs come to mind) they will profess how happy they are that said player took on board their criticism. *eyeroll*

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Whipping boys are for clueless people who want to profess they know something about football and have something to say on the forums. If the player is eventually delisted they will strut about telling all and sundry how right they were, and if the player gets good like numerous whipping boys (Petrie, Jacobs come to mind) they will profess how happy they are that said player took on board their criticism. *eyeroll*

Excellent post.

It's as if supporters are entitled to premierships and players need to be sacrificed if they don't get them. The supreme irony is that these same types rarely go after the administration that set up the list in the first place.

I reckon I have seriously hooked in to 2 players in the last 20 years, Shannon Watt & Paul Ahern.

Watt was a very limited KPD, who tried his guts out, but was fringe at best, and Ahern was a flat out coaster. I suspect my Watt frustration was shaped in some way by North having elite full backs for all the other times in my life.

There's been a sprinkling of rookie types who I knew weren't up to it, but they never lasted long enough for me to seriously hook in anyway.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Excellent post.

It's as if supporters are entitled to premierships and players need to be sacrificed if they don't get them. The supreme irony is that these same types rarely go after the administration that set up the list in the first place.

I reckon I have seriously hooked in to 2 players in the last 20 years, Shannon Watt & Paul Ahern.

Watt was a very limited KPD, who tried his guts out, but was fringe at best, and Ahern was a flat out coaster. I suspect my Watt frustration was shaped in some way by North having elite full backs for all the other times in my life.

There's been a sprinkling of rookie types who I knew weren't up to it, but they never lasted long enough for me to seriously hook in anyway.

You literally spend your entire adult life strutting around an Internet forum telling all and sundry how right you are.

You are the perfect example of stiff arms post.

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You literally spend your entire adult life strutting around an Internet forum telling all and sundry how right you are.

You are the perfect example of stiff arms post.
Not really. I haven't noticed Snake getting stuck into our players.

Back