Preview The 2021 BF NMFC whipping boy market

Remove this Banner Ad

Aaron Hall at each way odds - judging by the consistent overreaction to him since he joined the club I’ll fill my boots.

I'd back in Dumont.
Hard-working, excellent trainer, who strives to get the absolute best out of himself = 'Vanilla'.
Bonar is a good shout too, first poor game of the year will see him categorised as the next Ahern.

Is the idea of it all to criticise and criticise a player until they have to take time off away from the game? Is that the goal?

The best way to do it is pick someone, and then post in EVERY thread EVERY week about how they should be dropped and delisted. Repeat this for about 5 years while said player gets promoted to the leadership group and is among the first picked each week.
Have multiple meltdowns about this.

I'd back in Dumont.
Hard-working, excellent trainer, who strives to get the absolute best out of himself = 'Vanilla'.
Bonar is a good shout too, first poor game of the year will see him categorised as the next Ahern.

Your football ignorance is on full display in this post.

The best way to do it is pick someone, and then post in EVERY thread EVERY week about how they should be dropped and delisted. Repeat this for about 5 years while said player gets promoted to the leadership group and is among the first picked each week.
Have multiple meltdowns about this.

They get delisted 8 years later and the same poster proclaims their list management skills.

Really? Was not intended to be any comment on football at all, but rather the selection of whipping boys by the BF brethren.
Do tell how it demonstrates "football ignorance". What even is football ignorance?

Dumont & Ahern are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Dumont has high commitment & limited skills, Ahern had good skills and poor commitment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dumont & Ahern are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Dumont has high commitment & limited skills, Ahern had good skills and poor commitment.
That's right, and I didn't assign any sort of equivalence between them.
Both types are capable of becoming whipping boys.
Historically a whipping boy was a peer of a royal youth who had to take the punishment ascribed to the royal, because it would not be permissible for a tutor to administer corporal punishment to a child of such high status. In the football supporter sense I take it to be a player who is singled out to bear responsibility for the failings that should be more correctly ascribed to the whole team. This could be because they are perceived as being limited skill wise (Dumont/Macmillan/Watt) or because they are perceived as lazy or unwilling to go when it is their turn (Ahern/Macmillan/Wood. Maybe Bonar).

All my earthly possessions on Aaron hall. He makes Atley look like Pendlebury and makes Polec look like a hard man. Makes me sick he’s still on the list.

All my earthly possessions on Aaron hall. He makes Atley look like Pendlebury and makes Polec look like a hard man. Makes me sick he’s still on the list.

The exact point of my thread is to highlight baseless pre-existing prejudices that are reinforced as time goes on by all types of absurd correlations.

I'd like to thank you for your sterling contribution.

The exact point of my thread is to highlight baseless pre-existing prejudices that are reinforced as time goes on by all types of absurd correlations.

I'd like to thank you for your sterling contribution.

Its my pleasure to contribute. Did laugh at your notion that my statement was baseless. Are we watching the same player or did I simply affront the forum mafia of the same old boring posters by not playing ball? Far q.

Its my pleasure to contribute. Did laugh at your notion that my statement was baseless. Are we watching the same player or did I simply affront the forum mafia of the same old boring posters by not playing ball? Far q.

You are inhaling Tarzan's Grip if you reckon I am a part of the "forum mafia" mate.

I have been targeted for cancellation by the real mafia around here.

Last edited:
Atley has moved to a clear cut favorite.

You can expect him to further shorten if North loses games this year, regardless of what actually happened in the match.

4/5: Shaun Atley
2/1: Kayne Turner, Dom Tyson, Tom Campbell
5/1: Aiden Bonar, Jack Ziebell, Taylor Garner, Trent Dumont, Aaron Hall
10/1: Kyron Hayden , Jared Polec

Remove this Banner Ad

Back