Toast The 2021 Bigfooty Magpies Awards Night

Remove this Banner Ad

Historically we have a Big Footy Magpies Board Awards night where we recognise significant and unique contributions by contributors, posters and moderators to the board over the last Calendar year.

Given the reasonably poxy year we have endured on and off field, throw in Covid and various natural disasters etc I think it is a good idea we hold this years in Mid February 2022.

I am not sure who started the last Awards Night thread or when it actually was?
2018?
I think we need to update the categories in light of Ed and Bucks moving on, with more than a few players joining them.

Thoughts?

Historically we have a Big Footy Magpies Board Awards night where we recognise significant and unique contributions by contributors, posters and moderators to the board over the last Calendar year.

Given the reasonably poxy year we have endured on and off field, throw in Covid and various natural disasters etc I think it is a good idea we hold this years in Mid February 2022.

2018?
I think we need to update the categories in light of Ed and Bucks moving on, with more than a few players joining them.

Thoughts?
Great idea!

2018?

Thoughts?
I want no part in it till I get my two Dane Swan Award badges!

I'm not bitter, don't judge me!

Can anyone find the last awards night thread?
I can't seem to. The latest is 2013.

I remember MC-ing one years ago. They're good fun. I think it's important to recognise the strong contributors to the forum.

Found these two threads on BF Awards

Seems these were the categories:

The voting works like this:
  • You nominate the poster who you believe best represents the categories listed below.
  • You nominate a poster in a particular category only once, although you can vote for the same poster in other categories. But you can't nominate yourself! (looking at you BBB)
You can vote in two ways:
  • Post your votes publicly in this thread, with your nominee identified for the category for which you are nominating them, e.g. Magpie Girl - The Nathan Buckley Award :D
or
  • PM your votes privately to me in the same format. Copy the list of awards and identify your nomination as per above. Title the PM 'Votes'. All private nominations will remain exactly that, you can rely on my discretion.:)
Voting will close midday Monday 23 November.

And now for the best bit, the awards categories are:

1. Nathan Buckley Award (Pies board Poster of the Year)
This award is for the poster who best represents the board in the way they post. Their contribution can be evaluated by their posting history, overall contribution to the board, participation in competitions and podcasts, and creation of threads. A truly well-rounded poster of consistent quality.

2. Reykjavic Award (a new award for 2015 in honour of our much loved and much missed Rey)
This award is for the poster who is consistently inventive, creative, articulate, insightful and entertaining. A shining light on our board.

3.Scott Pendlebury Award
This is for the poster with the most Collingwood/football knowledge.

4.Eddie McGuire Award rename?
What else? For the most one-eyed poster of course.

5.Darcy Moore Award
Too early to name an award after Darcy? Nah. If he was on BigFooty, he'd be all over the Nest and the Random Thoughts thread. This award is for the poster who makes the best contribution to the non-footy stuff.

6.Dane Swan Award rename?
No, not the poster with the most tatts. Rather, this one goes to the funniest and most colorful poster.

7.Nick Maxwell Award
This award goes to the staunchest defender of our club, who also shows the utmost respect for the opinions of other Pies fans and opposition supporters (those brave enough to venture here).

8.Jordan de Goey Award
Who is our best first year poster, registered in 2015, and still with us? There's a lot of competition this year, with many fantastic new and prolific posters joining the board. There were also a couple who burned brightly for a short period but have since left the building. Sadly, I think Picaboo is in the last category. They don't qualify, but they might just come back...

9.Jesse White Award rename?
This is for the poster who pushes our buttons. The poster is challenging, often goes against the flow, gets us riled up. Its not an unpopularity award, and its not about a troll in our midst. Its about a poster who offers a different perspective, and generates heated debate. Be nice with this one. Could also have been named the Jack Frost or Alex Fasolo Award.

10.Nat Fyfe Award - omit?
We do have some good visiting posters. This one is for the most respected opposition poster.

11.Dale Tapping Award rename?
For the best and most committed VFL/AFLW spectator and reviewer. We are exceptionally well served on our board with some very knowledgeable, insightful and dedicated 'VFL watchers'. A difficult choice; will be a close call.

12.Taylor Adams Award
For the breakout poster of the year. Has been around for a while but really stepped up (Maxy style) this season.

LET THE VOTING BEGIN!

Maybe new Award or include in existing award for poster/s who contribute to forum with all club news, training?

Maybe re-assign the JDG award to be the poster who is generally quality, a little inconsistent, but they go postal from time-to-time when they’re on the turps. They’re currently serving a red card and the mods are debating whether they’re worth the hassle and if they should simply be permabanned.

Maybe re-assign the JDG award to be the poster who is generally quality, a little inconsistent, but they go postal from time-to-time when they’re on the turps. They’re currently serving a red card and the mods are debating whether they’re worth the hassle and if they should simply be permabanned.
Where do I collect my award?

Not that easy especially in a couple of categories and am going to cheat and name two in some.

1.Nathan Buckley Award (Pies board Poster of the Year) Really difficult, will have to think about it and fill in later.
2.Reykjavic Award - 76woodenspooners
3.Scott Pendlebury Award - Maggie Greg and Robroy22
4.Eddie McGuire Award - jmac70
5.Darcy Moore Award - NMBB
6.Dane Swan Award - Obese Arachnid ;)
7.Nick Maxwell Award - No SPIN
8.Jordan de Goey Award - gouki88
9.Jesse White Award - Really difficult, will have to think about it and fill in later.
10.Nat Fyfe Award - can't think of one.
11.Dale Tapping Award - barrackers and Jen2310
12.Taylor Adams Award - sr36

Not that easy especially in a couple of categories and am going to cheat and name two in some.

1.Nathan Buckley Award (Pies board Poster of the Year) Really difficult, will have to think about it and fill in later.
2.Reykjavic Award - 76woodenspooners
3.Scott Pendlebury Award - Maggie Greg and Robroy22
4.Eddie McGuire Award - jmac70
5.Darcy Moore Award - NMBB
6.Dane Swan Award - Obese Arachnid ;)
7.Nick Maxwell Award - No SPIN
8.Jordan de Goey Award - gouki88
9.Jesse White Award - Really difficult, will have to think about it and fill in later.
10.Nat Fyfe Award - can't think of one.
11.Dale Tapping Award - barrackers and Jen2310
12.Taylor Adams Award - sr36
We need an international philosopher's award for the ...... wait for it ..... Yep ........ the one and only ...... you all know who I mean ..... the baby magpie carer ....
.... TheGreatGrundy

We need an international philosopher's award for the ...... wait for it ..... Yep ........ the one and only ...... you all know who I mean ..... the baby magpie carer ....
.... TheGreatGrundy
You do my philosopher skills much more justice than they deserve! But the magpies are still daily visitors. I am away for 3 nights dog sitting, but went back at 5pm (with the dog) and left them food on an ice pack. Won't be able to help them out in the morning but hopefully they will be able to survive a couple of days without me. I am glad I began putting out water for them about 6 months back. That has become as much of an attraction as the food.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back