The 2021 Gin and other random beverage discussion thread

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
OK - so its looks the Stengle thread has been highjacked .. so I thought I'd step up and create a place for people to discuss their gin preferences and any other random s**t that comes to mind.

Personally, as mentioned before I had a great experience with Never Never's Juniper Freak gin .. you can find it here

I'm also a fan of supporting local business

As Mego Red mentioned, Tangueray is a good base gin if nothing else in the bottlo floats your boat. Hendrick's is another tipple I enjoy, though an expensive option for quaffers like me.

Seriously you are all so bloody 2020

View attachment 1045254
Edit.
Disclaimer : Posession of such does not particularly make me a consumer of said G and T as I prefer home brew.
and regularly donate to the homeless.

Zero sugar products often cause me apprehension. Usually because they include some other manufactured sweetener that is ultimately worse for your body and mind ..

Dec 18, 2007
Arcadia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks
A safe place for us pissheads.

Nice.

Favourite beer: Coopers Sparkling
Regular beer: Coopers Pale Ale
Go to spirits: Jamos and soda highballs, gin and soda
Cocktails: Mojitos, grasshoppers

Fond memories: of Portagaffs at Footy Park , buying stubbles of Southwark Stout, taking it in turns buying the shared bottle of sprite to share with my brother and mate.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
A safe place for us pissheads.

Nice.

Favourite beer: Coopers Sparkling
Regular beer: Coopers Pale Ale
Go to spirits: Jamos and soda highballs, gin and soda
Cocktails: Mojitos, grasshoppers

Fond memories: of Portagaffs at Footy Park , buying stubbles of Southwark Stout, taking it in turns buying the shared bottle of sprite to share with my brother and mate.

I'm not allowed to bring sparkling home. Missus twigged to the vintage as well but I'm allowed one carton each year.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I'm not allowed to bring sparkling home. Missus twigged to the vintage as well but I'm allowed one carton each year.
Pale and Sparkling are pretty much always my go to beers .. drank Pale for years though now I find Sparkling my preference

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
In terms of local stuff Australia is doing some pretty tidy Gin these days. Farmers Wife in NSW is a good small batch Gin if you can find it, also Four Pillars Navy Strength in Victoria.

Both not cheap though. Special occasion stuff

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
In terms of local stuff Australia is doing some pretty tidy Gin these days. Farmers Wife in NSW is a good small batch Gin, also Four Pillars Navy Strength.

Both not cheap though. Special occasion stuff
Haven't come across these yet, but SA is leading the way ..

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
My fav Gin is 23rd Street, goes up in price every year though.

Got to have my gin with soda as I have a recessive trait that make quine unbearably bitter to the point of instant nausea upon consumption so I can't have tonic water as it's an ingredient of it

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
My fav Gin is 23rd Street, goes up in price every year though.

Got to have my gin with soda as I have a recessive trait that make quine unbearably bitter to the point of instant nausea upon consumption so I can't have tonic water as it's an ingredient of it
I often drink both Gin and Vodka with soda and liberal squeeze of lemon or lime

Oct 12, 2006
Far West SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Panthers, Double Blues
Beer : When I want a lighter refresh Coopers Dry and Corona - Pale Ale main go to - Session/Pacific and XPA as a treat
Wine : Red - Pirramimma is my favourite - Lost Buoy - Greenache
Sparkling -Bleasdale Pirramimma Sparkling Shiraz
Rum - Sailor Jerry
Gin - Distillery 78 is nice.

JohnnyD

Debutant
Jul 5, 2011
London
AFL Club
Adelaide
Didn't want to bottleneck the training thread but I also love me some sparkling shiraz...pretty difficult to be picky in the UK so i often just get what i can which is often Andrew Garrett or McPherson Full Fifteen...when back in Adelaide i do like the d'Arenberg Peppermint Paddock...also really into the bush vine grenache (very underrated i feel)...

Beer wise, i'm really keen to try some more milk stouts which are making a comeback but lockdown isn't making this easy :(

Those Vale Ale cans (the orange ones) went down well during the day on Saturday. First time out in the town since the pandemic started too.

Still feeling like s**t today haha.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Didn't want to bottleneck the training thread but I also love me some sparkling shiraz...pretty difficult to be picky in the UK so i often just get what i can which is often Andrew Garrett or McPherson Full Fifteen...when back in Adelaide i do like the d'Arenberg Peppermint Paddock...also really into the bush vine grenache (very underrated i feel)...

Beer wise, i'm really keen to try some more milk stouts which are making a comeback but lockdown isn't making this easy :(
I grew up in the Barossa and the Sparkling Shiraz was a big Christmas day thing down there. I actually think it would suit a UK Christmas better though. Its a pretty full-on way to start the day on a 40 degree Christmas morning.

Might have to have a Christmas in July this year, just to bust it out in a better climate ;)

Apr 5, 2015
The future
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AC Milan, Arsenal, North Adelaide
I miss Coopers Draught :(

C06BC69E-F7EE-48A6-9BCA-690386FB85C5.jpeg

A finer brew, there never was.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt

Andrew Garrett..... What an epic flog that bloke is.

His son is now a winemaker, decent bloke too.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
👍 Did some work at his residence,near eagle on hill many moons ago just before all this court drama started and tried to screw me over then,absolute complete FLOG wouldn’t touch his crap thru principle now
Owned by Fosters now I believe

Back