Competitions The 2021 Goalkicking Competition - Gumby2Hurley wins!

LEADERBOARD

1625850767694.png

GAME 2 ROUND BY ROUND RESULTS
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

GAME 1 ROUND BY ROUND RESULTS
1 2
3 4 5 6

Hello and welcome to the 2021 Goalkicking Competition. We didn't run this last year but have decided to bring it back again for 2021. Here are the rules:

Basic Premise
You have to pick an Essendon goal kicker each week. If he kicks a goal you move on to the next round. If he doesn't you're out. You can't pick the same player twice.

Last person left wins. It couldn't be much simpler.

Selections
You make your selections in this thread. Your selection must be in by the first bounce of the Essendon game. If you pick someone twice you're eliminated. You can change your selection right up until the first bounce if you get a late vibe or the team gets a late out.

Immunity Cards
If your player kicks the first of Essendon's goals OR the player you select kicks 3+ goals then you earn an Immunity Card. An Immunity Card is a free life if your selected player fails to kick a goal. It's like a Get Out of Jail Free card.

Late Changes
If your selected player is named in the 22 but is a late withdrawal and you don't select another player in time then you get whoever comes in for him. If there's more than one late change then it will go by alphabetical order of the player's surname to work out which player you get. If that player already happens to have been selected by you, you get the next player alphabetically. If there is no incoming player you haven't already selected you're out unless you have an Immunity Card.

Forgetting to Pick
It happens to the best of us. So instead of you getting allocated nobody and being eliminated, if you forget to nominate a goal kicker you will be allocated the Essendon player with the lowest number that you haven't already selected.

Tiebreaker
In order to declare a winner should the last remaining entrants get knocked out at the same time this is how it will work.

As the competition goes on I will count your goals ie; if whoever you picked in round 1 kicks 2 goals then those goals go against your name. If our final participants all bomb out at the same time then the winner is whoever has the most goals up until that point.

If the remaining participants are also equal on goals then there will be a count back until a winner is found.

The winner will receive a cool badge and 1 year Platinum BF Membership and 2nd and 3rd will receive 1 year Gold BF Membership. Honestly, does life get any better than free stuff? I don't think so.

I'll leave the last word to Fletch.

Fletch_ANZAC_Kick.gif

He says 'Yeah, I'll have a crack'.

Last edited:
Back