Certified Legendary Thread The 2021 Official Bigfooty NBA Conference Finals Thread (Brought to you by the WAHL trimmer with lithium ion battery)

Who will win the conference finals and thus meet in the NBA Finals?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
aaaaa.png
The Phoenix Suns earned the most rest courtesy of a 4-0 sweep/drubbing of the Denver Nuggets. They will meet the LA Clippers who dispatched Utah after the Jazz provided the biggest choke of the 2021 playoffs since the 76ers in game 5 v Atlanta.

The Suns are currently without Chris Paul who is out under the NBA COVID NINETEEN Protocols. The Sun may have set on CP3s title chance.

PHOENIX SUNS vs LA CLIPPERS

This marks the first time that the LA Clippers are playing in the WCFs. Die hard and long time Clipper sufferer Skip Bayless describes this as the greatest moment of his life since the time he was born. He really does sum up the Clipper fan base doesn't he?

How the hell did they prevail without Kawhi? Seriously. You wouldn't bet on Pandemic P lifting them out would you? The series was waiting for a hero, or a Morris led brawl.

giphy.gif

Stats gurus will point at advanced metrics to ultimately come up with the victor. According to this, it's the Clippers in 4.

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 7.27.26 am.png

Predicted lineups

Screen Shot 2021-06-20 at 3.45.14 pm.png
It is a shame Kawhi is out. Would've been good to see a team throw someone at CP3s mid range jumpers.
Can Booker elevate his status to an elite NBA player? Seems that the NBA doesn't rate him according to the All Star rosters (2021), only acquiring a spot due to ADs injury (colour me shocked).

Jay Crowder vs Marcus Morris (the evil twin). Fireworks and handbags.

At the time of writing we await the Bucks opponent after they vanquished the Nets. Philly and Atlanta in a must win game for both teams tomorrow.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Already preparing myself for another conference finals loss. Relived Game 5 and 6 from 2010 last night against that Lakers super team (on paper it was ******* good). Game 5 Fisher and Artest ggf, Game 6 Q4 was a Kobe masterclass. Reckon that Game 6 was the most down I’ve been as a Suns fan. Was a mentally taxing series.

Fast forward 11 years (and our first playoff campaign since that series) and my life is very different than it was then but still find it too mentally taxing to even watch. As a Suns fan I know how this ends. 28 years of it and it’s very difficult to be optimistic.

Anyway 1-0. Will watch some painful mid 2000s series games tonight. Just preparing myself. :(

Already preparing myself for another conference finals loss. Relived Game 5 and 6 from 2010 last night against that Lakers super team (on paper it was ******* good). Game 5 Fisher and Artest ggf, Game 6 Q4 was a Kobe masterclass. Reckon that Game 6 was the most down I’ve been as a Suns fan. Was a mentally taxing series.

Fast forward 11 years (and our first playoff campaign since that series) and my life is very different than it was then but still find it too mentally taxing to even watch. As a Suns fan I know how this ends. 28 years of it and it’s very difficult to be optimistic.

Anyway 1-0. Will watch some painful mid 2000s series games tonight. Just preparing myself. :(
Without CP to get that win, you guys should go through within 6.

The Suns made the most of George sitting in the first 3 mins of the 4th and it proved the difference in the end. Great game 1 with Booker and George going off.

Enjoy the ride mate. Cant see the clips taking a game from you.

8 to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back