Autopsy The 2021 preseason is done and we've learnt heaps

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Mc Ardle had a report in the worst where he was describing how each draftee was doing. Appeared here in media thread I think.
Under Western it said he hyper extended his knee. That doesn’t mean he will miss games of course but it does sound horrible. It was in this article:
I don’t have access though through paywall

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
we've learnt that any optimism the pre-season gave many of us, was cruelly dashed as usual by injuries to key players in the area of the ground we are weakest.

Mar 18, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'd love to say this is the year we surge back into finals but with our forward line I can't really see it happening.

Backline = premiership quality, in abundance.

Midfield = still a work in progress but with the young talent in there it is potentially superstar quality. I'd like to see a bit more development from Cerra in particular and maybe one more gun to step up and roll through there if Fyfe is to spend more time forward. Brayshaw and Serong look like they will kick on. Tucker is the forgotten man but now in his 5th-6th year, he could come back in and make a real difference. It could be good enough for finals even now, but;

Forwardline = a dogs breakfast. Our best tall forward still can't kick goals from 10m out. Our other tall is injured. Our best small is injured, typically. Love the look of Sturt but where the hell is he? Henry, please, yes, maybe, but I have concerns. People rag on Schultz but he will play every game this year again, he's the best we've got for that position. Like Switta but he had a long stint forward previously and couldn't buy a goal. Like the early look of Treacy but lets be honest, if we had an AFL quality forward line we wouldn't be talking about our 18 yr old rookie listed KPF firming for a debut in round 1.

Hope to get proven wrong and kick 100 points in Round 1

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts
We need Tucker to become consistent because he is the only mid (aside Fyfe and Sonny) that regularly kicks goals from midfield.

Had some unreal quarters and halves last year but still way too many where he completely disappeared.
He always seems poised for that break out season but just teases and never delivers.

Always felt like that with Hilly too. He could have reached ridiculous heights but just lacked that bit of cockiness/aggression that his brother has. If you combined the two of them, they’d be the GOAT.

CapitalA

Club Legend
Nov 18, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I've learnt people take a pre-season result too seriously if that counts? I think we'll be fine come Round 1 and we'll win. Melbourne aren't really that much better of a side.
Yeah they've got it backwards. Often the good teams in pre-season are the s**t teams in the premiership season...

arsesmart

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
He always seems poised for that break out season but just teases and never delivers.

Always felt like that with Hilly too. He could have reached ridiculous heights but just lacked that bit of cockiness/aggression that his brother has. If you combined the two of them, they’d be the GOAT.
Seriously, it's one of our great footy travesties that Hill got cut down by injury in 2017 and never really got a decent run at it since. The heights he climbed that year were at a level anyone would be happy with.

Back