Preview The 2022 Pre Season Training Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he was in the rehab group today, doing a kicking circuit. Short beautiful left foot kicks. Looked his build just slimmed down.

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Full training and match sim are 2 different things, obviously he'll be eased back into that when they think he's ready, most important they get it right this time now he's re-signed

Thanks for the write up, did you see Dawson and where he was playing? Also who did Rachelle touch up to score his 3?
Dawson

Was on the look out for Dawson, didn't catch any of his play unfortunately. So must have been on the wing, cause only caught Cook once and he was playing wing for the white team.

Either cook or Dawson (pink boots) were doing separate sprints from the group. Think it was Dawson, Brown, and some else.

Rachelle

I think it was McPherson at one stage.
Snap off roving a pack.
Set shot close to goal.
Set shot around fifty right out in front.

He set gollant up I think.

Very vocal, but seems to read the play.

Had strapping around one of his legs I'm guessing for a corky.

Notice he wasn't the best runner in the relay. Skills look to up there, and he he's a solid for his age.

Full training and match sim are 2 different things, obviously he'll be eased back into that when they think he's ready, most important they get it right this time now he's re-signed
They must still be building up his loads. Interesting if the were conditioning him for repeated kicking. Three cones with 3 trainers, he was kicking the would mark and kick it straight back, kick to the next person repeat, next person.
I'm ok with them getting him 100% then rushing him back.

There's a Jake Kelly sized hole in our best 22 for him to grab if he's good enough.
Good point however I am hopeful that we will stop playing Doedee as a key defender.

Kelly sometimes played as a poor man’s third tall (when Doedee was used as our second key defender) or as a lock down defender. We usually rotate seven players through our back six.

My preferred defensive structure is
1) Two Key Defenders; Butts and Murray (Frampton and Borlaise as back ups)

2) Third Tall/Intercept Defender; Doedee
(Worrell, Hinge back up)

3) Medium/Small lock down defender; Brown (McPherson back up)

4) Three rebounding Defenders; Smith, Jones and Milera (Hamill, Hinge, Parnell as back ups).

Milera, if fit, is certain to take one of the spots vacated by Kelly.

That latest video talking about diversity is cringe. Players sitting there with their arms crossed and legs up while someone is speaking to them.

It's a difficult thing for her to get up and talk about in front of a group, at least show some basic respect/courtesy. I'm sure they get taught this stuff if their parents already haven't.

Okay Boomer.

Lack of respect by the younger generation causing an old timer to become upset? Classic Boomer move.

Not to mention the "lack of respect" and the mention of parental failure.
Most of the boomers I know would probably call this woke s**t and complain about the mandatory attendance.

Not sure on stats. To me it seemed he started playing on better forwards in his last season or so (Dusty, Petracca, Fritsch). Did very well at times, got exposed at other times.

Earned his keep by taking these tougher roles imho, whereas previously he'd be gifted roles on the worst/youngest opposition forward.
Notably beat Jack Gunston at hawks and Gunstons peak a few times

True - we don’t need good midfielders that can kick multiple goals . I see your point
By the same token Pedlar played his school footy as a midfielder/forward and regularly got among the goals, way more grunt than Tanner Bruhn also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be interesting to see how Rachele runs out matches in the pre-season, but he sounds like he's playing like the excitement machine he's shown to be at U18 level. At this stage, I think he's in the R1 team

Re: Hinge - yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the R1 team, as well. I reckon he brings a lot of defensive versatility, especially given his height, he should definitely be a bit more dynamic than someone like Kelly. Obviously was there or thereabouts for our R1 team last year before injuring the shoulder, reckon he'll be around the mark again

Will be interesting to see how Rachele runs out matches in the pre-season, but he sounds like he's playing like the excitement machine he's shown to be at U18 level. At this stage, I think he's in the R1 team

Re: Hinge - yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the R1 team, as well. I reckon he brings a lot of defensive versatility, especially given his height, he should definitely be a bit more dynamic than someone like Kelly. Obviously was there or thereabouts for our R1 team last year before injuring the shoulder, reckon he'll be around the mark again
We finally seem to be prioritising good kicking skills, he brings that. I reckon he will get a game ahead of Hamill for example.

We are starting to add some decent kicks to our side:

Dawson
Sholl
Hinge
Taylor
Parnell
Thilthorpe
Rachelle
Milera
Tex

There would be others but that’s a decent mix around the ground.

We finally seem to be prioritising good kicking skills, he brings that. I reckon he will get a game ahead of Hamill for example.

Dawson
Sholl
Hinge
Taylor
Parnell
Thilthorpe
Rachelle
Milera
Tex

Fogarty is also a good field kick it’s a shame he only touches it twice a game

We have alot of depth for defenders and especially medium half backs …. Will be good comp for spots !

Dawson
Sholl
Hinge
Taylor
Parnell
Thilthorpe
Rachelle
Milera
Tex

Feampton actually a very good field kick too

By the same token Pedlar played his school footy as a midfielder/forward and regularly got among the goals, way more grunt than Tanner Bruhn also.
In terms of midf mix pedlar was the better fit for us.
I just think Cook will be the better player overall out of the 3.

Dawson
Sholl
Hinge
Taylor
Parnell
Thilthorpe
Rachelle
Milera
Tex

Surely Smith and Seed must be close to being on this list?
McHenry is not booming or laser but his vision makes up for it. His little spot ups going to be invaluable.
Shoenberg and Chayce Jones dont look anything special with their kicks but I wouldn't mind the stats on their effectivenss. Reckon they'd be pretty good if you were counting.

EDIT Cook also described by some as the most skilfull player we've had.

Surely Smith and Seed must be close to being on this list?
McHenry is not booming or laser but his vision makes up for it. His little spot ups going to be invaluable.
Shoenberg and Chayce Jones dont look anything special with their kicks but I wouldn't mind the stats on their effectivenss. Reckon they'd be pretty good if you were counting.

EDIT Cook also described by some as the most skilfull player we've had.
Yeah Smith and Seed were oversights.

As I said I would have missed some and the others are decent kicks too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back