Preview The 2022 Pre Season Training Official Thread

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's ridiculous how much I look at that footage and it gets me excited for 2022.

So many good young players coming through together with a good group of coaches and support staff, it's a big year ahead for our club :)

I'd put a bet on Hamill making a leap this year from that tiny snippet - he looks like he has had a super off-season!! Looks powerful to me.

Report from this morning. Not used to seeing so many players on Day 1, given it’s year 1-4 players. Just shows the age profile is changing. Also good to see Tex, Brown, Seeds, Milera, O’Brien, Keays, Hinge, Frampton also showed.

Himmelberg and Peddlar were on the sidelines doing restricted training.

Hately, Thilthorpe and Milera didn’t do the Burgess running drill. Thilthorpe was looking at his knee with a trainer at one stage.

In the match sim drills they had Fish forward and Frampton in defence. Frampton’s kicking was good. Hinge and Jones looked quick. Schoenberg was the standout, Murray, Keays we’re also solid.

In the interval running, Fog and Walker were head of their group (with Borlaise close behind) and were catching up with the groups in front. They were powerful and fit as! Next group was Scholl McPherson and Jones looking really fit, Berry running with ROB, Keays and Ned (and kept up with them). McAdam and Newchurch were struggling. Fish and Frampton couldn’t keep up with Tex and Fog.

Keays stayed back to work on goal kicking because he missed a couple in match sim, Hinge was working one one one with the new strength and conditioning guy (bumps and shoulder work). Large group of lads doing ground ball training, Keays was the best, but Fog claimed the win (probably got one out of 10 cleanly). Defenders and ruckman did contested marking drills.

link to video to come - waiting for it to upload (obviously not as good as Crows official footage, but you’ll get a feel of the session).

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Where's your mate Santoz WaynesWorld19 ? turnover by his big mate...;)

He's been sent on a holiday ....a long holiday in Siberia

shoosh Laurel and hardy.gif

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nicks isn't a total softy and would have 100% trust in Burgess. I can't see him coddling a player who starts complaining about the amount of work they're being asked to do.

It's preseason training, there's no pressure whatsoever on the coach in terms of the fitness program at this time of the year. His input would be working with Burgess to get as much being done as possible with footballs being used. Where the pressure will come will be during the week in season where a player Nicks is desperate to be available can't train at full throttle. Nicks was obviously comfortable allowing Talia to play half a season without training, so a change like what Burgess was suggesting will be as confronting for Nicks as it will be the player in question.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not being available for the first part of the season is really awkward for him.

If we setup an attack that fires early there's no reason why he would automatically get back in.

Eg Fogarty, Thilthorpe, McHenry, Rachele, Gollant and Cook.

He's as automatic as is possible. If he's had an unhindered preseason it'll be maximum 1 tune up in the SANFL. Tex won't have to prove his form in the 2s, he'll just have to prove his fitness is up to scratch. And even I can mount an argument as to why that should be the case.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Newchurch getting a bit of airtime in the early media. Looks like he's still skinny as a rake.
?????…
not sure I’d be calling that “skinny as a rake”..

C63E169D-5467-4164-A57F-487C264A3180.jpeg

especially as a lot of the indigenous lads are often naturally lightly framed.. I reacon he’s getting close to his perfect size IMO.. would rather he models his body on a Charlie Cameron type mould.. burgess will sort it out.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Still a strap around TT's knee: what's going on there?
That's different strapping to the one he wore during the season after he hyperextended his knee that time

The thin strap he has on now is the type you wear for patella tendinitis

Back