Preview The 2022 Pre Season Training Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just want to add that the media were set up to the left - and there was a patch of fresh manure right in front of where they were made to stand. Nowhere else in the area. It was putrid. Not great PR IMO, as much as the media s**t me. To their credit, they stood there the whole time!

Ned's alpaca tatt on his tum-tum
media-photobucket-com-656211b6-50x31-gif.542218

I was wondering what the hell that was lol.

Thanks Jen for the video .....always better than the 30sec clips on the Crows site

Understanding it's day 1 of Preseason, but some intitial observations

1. Parnell has put on a lot of weight since the mid season draft .....has an AFL body now and was conspicuous in the midfield of the scratch match

2. Ned McHenry also looking extremely sharp in the midfield as well

3. So good to see Pedlar out there and running strongly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love your work jenny61_99 Some interesting bits out of it.
  1. Might as well delist Newchurch now. Has zero interest in working hard in the game sim. Applies zero pressure and appears to actively avoid it. So disappointing.
  2. Are the boys training in sandshoes? Is the ground rock hard? Sooo much slipping over.
  3. McAsey a huge worry. Playing forward and looked lost. Struggling to keep up with Fog in the running.
  4. Great to see Berry running with the elite runners (ROB, Ned, Keays)
  5. Looks like Rowe has really worked on his fitness which is good news
  6. Tex and Fog look like they are covering the ground well. Good news for both.

1. Might as well delist Newchurch now. Has zero interest in working hard in the game sim. Applies zero pressure and appears to actively avoid it. So disappointing.
  2. Are the boys training in sandshoes? Is the ground rock hard? Sooo much slipping over.
  3. McAsey a huge worry. Playing forward and looked lost. Struggling to keep up with Fog in the running.
Yeah McAsey looks like a lost cause right now.
For a club that started a rebuild in 2019.. not a good start. Basically puts us back a decent amount given used pick 6.

Yeah McAsey looks like a lost cause right now.
For a club that started a rebuild in 2019.. not a good start. Basically puts us back a decent amount given used pick 6.

Whilst I agree, the progress of Fish has not been fantastic, to say it has set us back is a little premature, and misguided.

With the development of Butts, and the look of Murray (think he will cement the CHB spot), and even big Billy down back, we are looking ok for some big defenders. At the vey least it puts less pressure on Fischer to develop at his own rate. There was a gun footballer in there given his pre-draft rating and performances, so I still hold out hope.

Whilst I agree, the progress of Fish has not been fantastic, to say it has set us back is a little premature, and misguided.

With the development of Butts, and the look of Murray (think he will cement the CHB spot), and even big Billy down back, we are looking ok for some big defenders. At the vey least it puts less pressure on Fischer to develop at his own rate. There was a gun footballer in there given his pre-draft rating and performances, so I still hold out hope.
The point is potential lost capital investment. Regardless of others we have drafted around him.
If we have used a top 6 pick on someone not part of our upward trajectory, it's a big impact when that capital could have been used on a star midfielder which clearly our list is lacking.

The point is potential lost capital investment. Regardless of others we have drafted around him.
If we have used a top 6 pick on someone not part of our upward trajectory, it's a big impact when that capital could have been used on a star midfielder which clearly our list is lacking.
His name is Harry Schoenberg

He's going to be very good. Just not sure he reaches the level we need.

Then there wasn't a midfielder in the 2019 draft at pick 6 who'd reach the level you're thinking of that was available to us. It's developing into a rather weak draft for midfielders, especially with Rowell struggling to remain healthy. Good small forward draft though.

Schoenberg and Serong are really the standouts so far (noting the true star mid of the 2019 draft was academy bound). Barring any project, or longer-term prospects booming, but there is so much that can go wrong with those types that it's hardly worth being critical of missing out on them.

We would have got those guys regardless of McAsey, they aren't mutually exclusive.

At pick 6, he's a bust. Hopefully he can turn it around but I'm not confident.

They changed boots to run in so I assumed they had footy boots on and changed into runners. Us slipping over is nothing new! 😜. Having said that, it had rained heavily all night and the ground was wet.

Fish played forward in the sims, but worked with the backs for specific drills. I suspect we are trying to develop him for both roles.

I was impressed with most of the players fitness levels. New church and McAdam struggled with the running drill. Be interesting to see how they develop as Burgess has a greater input.

Hinge looks imposing and noticeable out there. Wouldn't be shocked to see him lineup R1.
He did, but still needs some work on his kicking. Interesting to watch the new strength and conditioning tackling coach working exclusively with him for a good half hour.

He did, but still needs some work on his kicking. Interesting to watch the new strength and conditioning tackling coach working exclusively with him for a good half hour.
Really kicking?
His penetrating left boot was a feature of his junior footy

Not surprising he was doing work with the strength and conditioning tackling coach this early in the pre-season coming off a full shoulder reco?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back