Preview The 2022 Pre Season Training Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone seen Tom Doedee at training? I wonder if the issue hes having is with his right finger? Going off his instagram it looks like hes had it operated on and in a brace since late October.

His last post that just made me snoop has him hiding it in his pocket. Giving the thumbs up with his left hand. Could just be reading into it too much but I really want to know if its hand or hammy/knee related...

Anyone seen Tom Doedee at training? I wonder if the issue hes having is with his right finger? Going off his instagram it looks like hes had it operated on and in a brace since late October.

His last post that just made me snoop has him hiding it in his pocket. Giving the thumbs up with his left hand. Could just be reading into it too much but I really want to know if its hand or hammy/knee related...

In his presser today, Silvers said ‘all’ players were at training last Wednesday and Friday (and I think implied today as well).

It's allegedly an ankle issue

Que? Do you even know what you're arguing anymore?
What? It's mindblowingly obvious what my opinion is.

My point is that the player introductions are done every year by Haggis, and that they're done as a fun way to intro the players to the group, done by the man who knows the draftees best and who chose them to be part of the club's future.

It's nice that the club videos it and shares it, but Haggis would have been doing this whether or not there was a camera there.

I feel like that's obviously what's happening, and think that people that feel it is an inauthentic media stunt for some hardcore fans have an axe to grind.

Not sure why you felt Crow-mo needed you to jump in on the conversation.

In his presser today, Silvers said ‘all’ players were at training last Wednesday and Friday (and I think implied today as well).
At training or were they actually training?

I'm hoping that Doedee is able to work through whatever the issue was and not have a seriously impacted pre-season. It certainly didn't sound great though.

Ah, the audience was the playing group.

They want to hear these guys can play and aren't dickheads.

My point is that the player introductions are done every year by Haggis, and that they're done as a fun way to intro the players to the group, done by the man who knows the draftees best and who chose them to be part of the club's future.

this kids, is what is known as a pivot ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

watching that snippet of training footage posted here the other day, Butts was holding Thilthorpe well in the 1 v 1's but he mostered Borlase. Thilthorpe also looks like he has increased his muscle mass..I feel with another full season and then 3rd preseason, he is going to be a frightening proposition for the opposition to try and match up on

Rachele is a lock for round 1. Physically he is ready to go, and reports from training suggest that his ability is ready as well.
Would be in the Sam Berry type role I imagine. Nicks said on SEN that he'll be pushing to play early, but doesn't think he has the endurance part to play a lot of midfield yet.

watching that snippet of training footage posted here the other day, Butts was holding Thilthorpe well in the 1 v 1's but he mostered Borlase. Thilthorpe also looks like he has increased his muscle mass..I feel with another full season and then 3rd preseason, he is going to be a frightening proposition for the opposition to try and match up on
It more speaks to the strength of Butts than Thilthrope imo. Butts was wrestling with giants all year, Thilthorpe while not an easy task is not as daunting as some of the gorillas he's faced in the season. Agree that with another preseason in the gym and hopefully with a bit more aggression about him, Thilthorpe will be a scary proposition for teams.

It more speaks to the strength of Butts than Thilthrope imo. Butts was wrestling with giants all year, Thilthorpe while not an easy task is not as daunting as some of the gorillas he's faced in the season. Agree that with another preseason in the gym and hopefully with a bit more aggression about him, Thilthorpe will be a scary proposition for teams.
Yes I agree - Butts has been a colossus for us at the back this year - a massive win for where he was drafted and long long may it continue

Yes I agree - Butts has been a colossus for us at the back this year - a massive win for where he was drafted and long long may it continue
I still can't get over how we prioritized re-rookieing Paul Hunter over taking Jordon Butts. Obviously inconsequential now but such a wild decision in hindsight

agreed.

But nonetheless it remains a bit for camera.
Look - sure.

I'm sure if there was no camera there, it'd have a different vibe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back