Preview The 2022 Pre Season Training Official Thread

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Schoenberg was close to strong enough last season imo. Was pretty strong in the contest. Should only improve this season. He's a nugget with a good tackling technique.

I just hope his fitness is at a level now where he can spend the majority of his time around the ball.
I can't wait to see Harry's progression this year. Feel like his next step is to go from rotational mid with obvious talent, to consistent midfielder who gets 2 or 3 clear BOG performances under his belt throughout the season.

He does that and he's right on track for me.

Thylacinus

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2008
Ubiquitous
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sep 5, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Supposedly Doedee had something but journos didn't bother with a whole of team injury update question from Adam Kelly the other day.
I reckon Doedee has had multiple finger surgeries or treatments. Had it looked at post season 2021 and the most recent training photos still has it all strapped up to keep it stabilised.

Im just glad it looks like his ankle is okay which is what we were concerned about.

kick it to me_

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
I reckon Doedee has had multiple finger surgeries or treatments. Had it looked at post season 2021 and the most recent training photos still has it all strapped up to keep it stabilised.

Im just glad it looks like his ankle is okay which is what we were concerned about.
Hand looks alright!
Screenshot_20220112-171538_Instagram.jpg

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
View attachment 1309923

Did Jimmy have that jawline last year?

They weren't joking when they said he's been putting in the work.
in that photo it looks like he’s lost a hell of a lot of weight even in his face..

maybe the Rochele pick.. along with the half a dozen other small mid/forward types we grabbed in the draft.. has really put the wind up him..

Nov 8, 2021
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
in that photo it looks like he’s lost a hell of a lot of weight even in his face..

maybe the Rochele pick.. along with the half a dozen other small mid/forward types we grabbed in the draft.. has really put the wind up him..
Players think they are really fit and then they join an AFL program and discover what really fit means.

Similar changes to body shape in the early days by Matty Crouch and Smurph.

Thylacinus

Club Legend
Apr 10, 2008
Ubiquitous
AFL Club
Adelaide

Hope so, as he is a talented young lad. If he can get his fitness to where it is required we may be in for some very pleasant surprises, including the odd burst in the middle.

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
View attachment 1309923

Did Jimmy have that jawline last year?

They weren't joking when they said he's been putting in the work.

I noticed a change when they returned for pre-season training in November, and he’s clearly continuing working hard over the Christmas break. Great to see.

Aug 21, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
"tell us who you want to see photos of" on the crows Facebook.

Someone says Ned McHenry as their new favourite player after David Mackay left. Can't even fathom how Mackay could end up your favourite player.

Are these only preseason injuries so far?

Sloan - minor hamstring.
Murphy - neck surgery.

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app
The Crows generally like to wait till the season starts before we start announcing season ending injuries or multi month injury lists.

"tell us who you want to see photos of" on the crows Facebook.

Someone says Ned McHenry as their new favourite player after David Mackay left. Can't even fathom how Mackay could end up your favourite player.

Maybe someone with very little skill ability who is athletic and can run and carry all day.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Everybody at the club always raved about his preparation standards. He just has a body type which isn't conducive to building a lot of muscle bulk.
Work ethic is what got him 200 plus games.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Everybody at the club always raved about his preparation standards. He just has a body type which isn't conducive to building a lot of muscle bulk.

Or the style of play to want bulging muscles.

Mackays issue was his game was less then the sum of its parts. That said, being out of the era, there is certainly enough there for a club that was obsessed with preparation (to the point it was a detriment) getting sucked into.

Back