Preview The 2022 Pre Season Training Official Thread

May 27, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
We know we've been told very often how professional he was in his preparation and great at training. But reality is that we get told that about most players. We get told when players haven't been as professional as required and we get told how great they are. When was the last time you heard someone described as just average at preparation and professionalism. My best guess would be that Dmac's level of preparation has become an urban myth that was necessary to provide some reasoning as to how he could continue to be selected whilst being so blatantly an ineffectual player despite having all the experience required to be in our top dozen players.
I’m so tired of the DMac bashing. He’s not even playing anymore. Leave the guy alone.

Nov 5, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
We know we've been told very often how professional he was in his preparation and great at training. But reality is that we get told that about most players. We get told when players haven't been as professional as required and we get told how great they are. When was the last time you heard someone described as just average at preparation and professionalism. My best guess would be that Dmac's level of preparation has become an urban myth that was necessary to provide some reasoning as to how he could continue to be selected whilst being so blatantly an ineffectual player despite having all the experience required to be in our top dozen players.

My god. It has become an absolute obsession with you to discredit Mackay for everything on every single thread. Its irrational at this point.

Whilst I don't agree with the constant attacks on his footballing ability I, to a degree, understand them.

Are you really questioning his professionalism, preparation and training? The dude played 248 games of AFL football over 14 seasons for 7 different coaches and 3 CEO's.

You are on the record lambasting his football ability and detailing why he shouldn't be best 22.

Did Mackay do something to your family? Did he refuse to sign an autograph for a grandchild of yours?

Wing?
Seedsman
Dawson
Sholl
Hamill

Do we need him on the wing?

It'd be handy as a pinch hit at the moment to go with being on the half forward flank.

Heck you wouldn't pick Hamill over Cook at this point in time if you were looking for a 4th wing.

Sep 29, 2007
The Kop
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Socceroos-LFC-Crows-Adel.United
Wing?
Seedsman
Dawson
Sholl
Hamill

Do we need him on the wing?

MK2
HENTSCHEL-Trent.png

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Surprised we didn't keep Mad Dog Mackay around as like a Development coach/player/Captain for the SANFL Crows side - similar to what Matty Wright did.

we tried to keep him on our AFL list, he turned us down. I would imagine we tried to do exactly the above. He is a highly impressive speaker. If he's serious about coaching, getting out of the club he's spent his entire career at is the best move.

Back