Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Both clubs here sent people to watch him
??

And?

Of course as would most other AFL clubs with their SA based scouts remembering there were other players drafted out of the games Pedlar played in early in the season hence the draft "eggspurts" vs the draft "experts" comment.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I seem to remember a rumour at the time that Freo was also pretty heavily linked to him as well.
Correct if we didn't pounce he wouldn't have lasted much longer, no doubt other clubs would have had interest especially when it became known a few weeks out we had big interest, that alone would have seen recruiters poring over all the video footage they could get hold of.

Sep 19, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lakers, Chiefs
If my grandma had wheels - she would have been a bike.

What worries me is that we reached at pick 11 to grab him. Was widely touted as a 2nd rounder.

It was a stupid pick to go for someone with a small sample of form and big injury history, should have gone for fin macrae who we interviewed twice

kick it to me_

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2020
AFL Club
Adelaide
Correct if we didn't pounce he wouldn't have lasted much longer, no doubt other clubs would have had interest especially when it became known a few weeks out we had big interest, that alone would have seen recruiters poring over all the video footage they could get hold of.
The sanfl/afl games this year once he got going you can tell he's a special talent.

First year and he still got some games in, what is everyone worried about?

I'm sure we could find a large list of draftees that are now elite that started of there careers with a list of injuries and questionable durability that came good after a few years.

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nov 8, 2021
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
If my grandma had wheels - she would have been a bike.

What worries me is that we reached at pick 11 to grab him. Was widely touted as a 2nd rounder.
IMHO, Pedlar is the most exciting young midfielder to play for the Crows since Patrick the Flog*. How many times did you seen him play live in 2021?

Despite his injury concerns he played 2 AFL games, 10 SANFL games plus a couple of preseason matches. His ability to get quality disposals from centre clearances is exactly what we need. He looked a level above in the SANFL.

Like many AFL draftees, injury may prevent him from reaching his potential but it is way too early to write him off. Lucky we never drafted that injury riddled kid from Geelong, Joel Selwood 🙄.

*Feel free to bookmark this

Oct 15, 2012
Hobart
AFL Club
Adelaide
Going early writing off talent ALWAYS works out for the best. I cannot remember a single incident on these forums where early calls have backfired for the learned experts. Not one. The rule is ... the earlier you go, the smarter you are.

It is widely known that highly touted young players that don't play consistently high level AFL games in their first two-years on a list are waste-picks, especially if they are bigger bodies OR smaller bodies OR from Tasmania.

If you don't post in the first 24 months on a player being a failure AND neglect referring to the pick they were taken at - you are basically admitting you are wrong about everything and know nothing about football.

Players like Fogarty and Jones and McAsey and Pedlar and Berry - forget them - they are already finished. Don't waste your keystrokes.

To avoid looking stupid in the coming seasons, focus your hate on the new crop of losers. I mean I'm taller than the whole crop from 2021 draft?!?!? Why would you even bother?? Quickly get out onto every thread and deride and undermine them BEFORE anyone else if you want any credibility. For extra points drop in some pro-Power recruitment references, always adds a nice cherry to the whole thing :)

If (by some weird twist of fate) any of them don't fail, just say you had them in your phantom that year and add a comment to your signature about being on the bandwagon early 👍

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
:think: .....I'm guessing many will have spat out their drink on this

1642663982775.png

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Looking forward to seeing Rowie Jnr this year.

2nd preseason, The young fella can football, hopefully he can put the rest together.

I for one would like to see a father and son. Even if they are illegitimate.
I'm looking forward to the melts on here when Rowe gets selected over Rachele for round 1.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

View attachment 1313807
I read Lachie Jones is training with the midfield group.....I always thought that would be the long game with him, size, athleticism and brute strength very suited to midfield.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
The sanfl/afl games this year once he got going you can tell he's a special talent.

First year and he still got some games in, what is everyone worried about?

I'm sure we could find a large list of draftees that are now elite that started of there careers with a list of injuries and questionable durability that came good after a few years.

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app
If the club is concerned about his injuries, then use 2022 as a recovery year. Get the right strength and conditioning into him, manage game time at SANFL level with an eye to 2023. We have plenty that we will want to look at this year so no need to rush him

Big Dub

All Australian
Feb 8, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
If the club is concerned about his injuries, then use 2022 as a recovery year. Get the right strength and conditioning into him, manage game time at SANFL level with an eye to 2023. We have plenty that we will want to look at this year so no need to rush him
So, keep doing what they did in 2021 then?

(I agree, by the way)

Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide

View attachment 1313807
I heard that this morning and thought he was taking the piss. Sounded like he did zero research into his list, to have Doedee in there who is one of our best players already is just lazy. And then he chucks his old mate Frampton in at number 1 to top it off.

Nov 5, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Going early writing off talent ALWAYS works out for the best. I cannot remember a single incident on these forums where early calls have backfired for the learned experts. Not one. The rule is ... the earlier you go, the smarter you are.

It is widely known that highly touted young players that don't play consistently high level AFL games in their first two-years on a list are waste-picks, especially if they are bigger bodies OR smaller bodies OR from Tasmania.

If you don't post in the first 24 months on a player being a failure AND neglect referring to the pick they were taken at - you are basically admitting you are wrong about everything and know nothing about football.

Players like Fogarty and Jones and McAsey and Pedlar and Berry - forget them - they are already finished. Don't waste your keystrokes.

To avoid looking stupid in the coming seasons, focus your hate on the new crop of losers. I mean I'm taller than the whole crop from 2021 draft?!?!? Why would you even bother?? Quickly get out onto every thread and deride and undermine them BEFORE anyone else if you want any credibility. For extra points drop in some pro-Power recruitment references, always adds a nice cherry to the whole thing :)

If (by some weird twist of fate) any of them don't fail, just say you had them in your phantom that year and add a comment to your signature about being on the bandwagon early 👍

Brilliant. You sir, are a genius who has figured it all out. Personally though, the above is my 2nd favorite posting style on Bigfooty.

My absolute favorite is when people take a reasonable discussion, change it so it becomes absolutely extreme and then pat themselves on the back for being so brilliant in figuring it all out.

Nobody has written Pedlar off in this thread. Nobody has knocked his talent. Many on here are saying he only slid in the draft because of injury concerns, but then aren't concerned that his 2021 was riddled with injury.

Nov 5, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
IMHO, Pedlar is the most exciting young midfielder to play for the Crows since Patrick the Flog*. How many times did you seen him play live in 2021?

Despite his injury concerns he played 2 AFL games, 10 SANFL games plus a couple of preseason matches. His ability to get quality disposals from centre clearances is exactly what we need. He looked a level above in the SANFL.

Like many AFL draftees, injury may prevent him from reaching his potential but it is way too early to write him off. Lucky we never drafted that injury riddled kid from Geelong, Joel Selwood 🙄.

*Feel free to bookmark this

I would love it if you are correct. I did not see him live in 2021, but nor have I knocked his talent.

My concerns are purely based around his durability and I think they are valid. I am not saying he has no chance of overcoming them either, just at this stage of the game its a worry.

The fact remains that he has now had 3 consecutive injury ridden seasons, with 2 Shoulder reconstructions.

Joel Selwood is an absolutely terrible example. Sure he had some knee concerns that might have dropped him down one or two spots in the draft, but he came right in and played 21 games in his first year (in a premiership team no less).

Thats the difference. Pedlar had an injury interrupted 2019 and 2020. Then once drafted he had injury issues all preseason. Played some games before having a season ending injury and then on top of that getting a 2nd should reconstruction.

Although player comparisons in these situations are never perfect, I would say a far better comp than Selwood would be Troy Menzel. Both talented, but injury concerns lead them to slip to pick 11.

Nov 5, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
I heard that this morning and thought he was taking the piss. Sounded like he did zero research into his list, to have Doedee in there who is one of our best players already is just lazy. And then he chucks his old mate Frampton in at number 1 to top it off.
I don't mind Doedee being on that list.

He only played 9 games between 2019/2020 due to injuries and then had an injury interrupted preseason last year.

Thought he played really well early, had a midseason slump and then played well after the bye.

With a full preseason and an improved defensive unit around him - I really think he could have a fantastic year.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I dont mind a culture of earning your spot either… as long as getting 25-40 possessions a game but kicking most of them in the air in a rushed hope and doing bugger all damage to the opposition for most of the game doesnt equate to “earning your spot”..

If what we’ve seen from Laird, keays and sloane over the past couple of seasons has “earnt them their spot” then we need to adjust the clubs KPI’s values…

This year is the test re deepened midfield. There were legitimate reasons to not do it last year, even if we'd wanted to. But if I had to bet at evens, my money is on a 4 man midfield. 4 guys playing 100% of their time as a stoppage mid. I hope I'm wrong, but we've been doing it so long, it can't be by accident.

Last edited:
Back