Preview The 2022 Pre Season Training Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

DeanLukin_Card-1.jpg

Looks like Fog has got Dean covered already

Gee Fogs and Butts are BIG units .....Hinge a great physique for 190cm ....Rowe still too big

Who's that top left of the photo?

FJqIWm9akAAATht
Looking at it more carefully, I reckon there's a bit of distortion from the use of a wideangle lens making the people on the outer edge look bigger than they are. It helps Nank and Taylor and Hinge, but makes Fog look enormous.

Looking at it more carefully, I reckon there's a bit of distortion from the use of a wideangle lens making the people on the outer edge look bigger than they are. It helps Nank and Taylor and Hinge, but makes Fog look enormous.
The ground appears to fall away on the left side of the image too

Plus Fog is also standing closer to the camera than everyone except maybe Taylor on the left.

My initial reaction, when reading people fumble around and misidentify our players in photos, is to think that face blindness is more common than I anticipated... Then I remember that not everyone has watched the highlights and interviews of our shiny new toys as obsessively (or tragically) as I have.

I'm ashamed at how confidently I can confirm that the picture is of Nankervis.
Dont be ashamed, be proud that you love your club enough to care:adelaide:

CONFIDENCE

He's essentially a very good kick lacking confidence which is understandable given how frequently he's been concussed in a short space of time.
Yeah, that could very well be true.

Hopefully you're right - there seems to be no issues with his technique, so it must be something to do with execution, which maybe improves with comfort at that level

Gee Fogs and Butts are BIG units .....Hinge a great physique for 190cm ....Rowe still too big

Who's that top left of the photo?

FJqIWm9akAAATht
Strachan and Himmelbergs upper bodies are still really lacking. Compare them to Butts who was pretty skinny when drafted, 2 years after Berg and the same draft as Strachan. I really can't see us persevering with either of them after this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Strachan and Himmelbergs upper bodies are still really lacking. Compare them to Butts who was pretty skinny when drafted, 2 years after Berg and the same draft as Strachan. I really can't see us persevering with either of them after this season.
That may well be true but it might be the wide angle distortion again ... with Berg in the middle and Butts two spots outwards. Hell, Sloaney looks bigger than Butts across the shoulders.

FYI that type of wide angle shot always makes the outside objects distorted (stretched horizontally). Everyone looks a bit off. Schoenberg looks too skinny.

That being said, fog is still a unit from the footage I've seen. He always will be.

The biggest issue with Hamil’s kicking at AFL level is the depth of his kicks, it often goes over his targets head.

I assume he feels a bit of perceived pressure with the higher game speed. And has a natural tendency to over-kick than under-kick it under pressure.

I agree I haven’t seen anything to suggest Hamill is anything other than a run and gun style of player, and I don’t have much confidence in his kicking accuracy.

That said, Marty Mattner was a pretty handy player and I reckon Hamill is a similar type.

You're 100% wrong on that score...

I'm with Bick's on this one. I saw Hamill kicking enough lace out passes and generally executing well early in his career to discredit questions surrounding his disposal ability. If he and Sholl have gone off the boil in this regard I do not believe it to be due to their skillset, but other factors currently unknown to me which hopefully can and will be rectified.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back