Golf The 2022: The 150th Open Championship (St Andrews Old Course)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont care if he does or doesnt. How do you feel about Rory?

Good move to say nothing, brick wall the stupid question.

I assume you are asking about Rory in the context of his anti-LIV stance. If so, in that I agree with him. 100%.

I am happy to wait to see what comes out with regards to Smith (and others) but the question was always going to be asked and I am not sure why you think it a stupid question. LIV is the biggest story in golf at the moment. Smith winning the British Open is second. He will go to number 2 in the rankings next week and has been heavily linked. He's a huge name and it's a relevant question. I am not sure Cam did himself any favours with the way he handled it. To suggest that his "team" looks after such things is laughable.

A LIV golf question after the biggest win in his career. I would have been annoyed as well. perhaps he is, but I wouldn't read much into his response.

That save on 17th showcased how clutch his putter was today. A lot of half chances and barely missed any. and I know it was a tap-in on 18 but with Young in for eagle and knowing you had to sink it to win outright. A lot of golfers have choked from there.

Quite funny the difference between today and yesterday between the 2 groups. complete flip flop. Young could easily have shot 63 if he sunk some very gettable putts on the back 9.

Watched the highlights. Absolutely insane back 9. Must have balls of steel to not let the nerves take over

He missed a gettable putt on 9 and made a mess of his second shot into 17. Otherwise it was flawless. The best round of golf under pressure I can recall seeing.

so i dont watch much golf but noticed there were 2 flags on one of the holes, do they use the same green for 2 different holes? ive never seen it before
Lots in links set-ups

There is multiple double greens at St Andrews I think

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are 7 shared greens for 14 holes at St Andrews - only 4 holes have their own green.

You play yellow flags on the way out and red flags on the way in.

Yeah presumed as much, just looked funny. Its a funny course anyway, zero trees (i understand thats what link courses are) and so undulating. Blokes putting from so far off the greens etc - makes for fun watching and can understand why so many were scoring low - just gotta watch out for those bunkers, they're nuts

Yeah presumed as much, just looked funny. Its a funny course anyway, zero trees (i understand thats what link courses are) and so undulating. Blokes putting from so far off the greens etc - makes for fun watching and can understand why so many were scoring low - just gotta watch out for those bunkers, they're nuts
The biggest issue this week was the wind which never arrived. Links courses are pretty defenceless without wind. But add wind (the sort of wind the PGA would stop play for) and they are a whole different challenge.

Yeah presumed as much, just looked funny. Its a funny course anyway, zero trees (i understand thats what link courses are) and so undulating. Blokes putting from so far off the greens etc - makes for fun watching
Correct - it's similar on the Sandbelt here.

And why week to week US Tour golf is basically unwatchable by comparison.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back