List Mgmt. The 24 Out Of Contract Club

Remove this Banner Ad

We delisted three more than we needed to, which is insane.

I imagine we might have a few more players from other clubs lined up, otherwise we're currently taking 57, 65 and 75 to the shallowest draft of all time.

Of the 11 we expect what 4-5 for list cull? So we have 6-7 spots to fill.... couple free agents couple of trade and 2-3 from draft done.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The club is now down to Garner, Hayden, EVW, Walker, Turner, Brown, Anderson and McGuinness.

If list sizes are to decrease across the board , then I guess there are going to be more than normal ?

I took that into account. With a list size of 40, we only needed to cut eight players to make room for Corr and the three draft picks. Brady must have something lined up to cut a bloke like MacMillan this early.

The club is now down to Garner, Hayden, Walker, Turner, Brown, Anderson and McGuinness.

I took that into account. With a list size of 40, we only needed to cut eight players to make room for Corr and the three draft picks. Brady must have something lined up to cut a bloke like MacMillan this early.
EVW

Now that its actually happened it feels like a gut punch , i can't help it. Knowing that ill never see these guys in a north jumper again, its hard not to get emotional. Really hope theyll be ok
I agree but I am thinking mostly for Maj. I was hoping he would get 12 months. He has been through so much. I hope the support he has received from the club holds him in good stead.

I hope everyone who complains next year about a lack of depth or how we are such a young team or whatever excuse they trot out, remember their happiness over the cull.

Really shocked Jmac was turfed

Don’t think many are celebrating on here.
If we want to be a force again we needed to move the dead wood on.

so those still without contracts

Aiden Bonar
Ben Brown
Ed Vickers-Willis
Jed Anderson
Kayne Turner
Kyron Hayden
Matthew MacGuinness
Taylor Garner (RFA)
Will Walker

I wonder if this is the end of delistings?

Of the 11 we expect what 4-5 for list cull? So we have 6-7 spots to fill.... couple free agents couple of trade and 2-3 from draft done.

We had to delist four players to get down to 40 and then a further four to make room for Corr and our three draft picks. We've delisted an extra three so we currently have three unknown spots.

Thanks, I've just edited my post.

The club is now down to Garner, Hayden, EVW, Walker, Turner, Brown, Anderson and McGuinness.

Going to be some ripping DFA's from some of the more successful clubs available at the end of the year, I would wager.

We had to delist four players to get down to 40 and then a further four to make room for Corr and our three draft picks. We've delisted an extra three so we currently have three unknown spots.

Thanks, I've just edited my post.

Ok so must be progressed on at least one other free agency then you would think.... even more money avail now!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Brady goes BANG!

only real surprises for me are
Crocker, never played a game, I can only assume the Schnoz never thought he'd make it.

And Daw. Wasn't really given much of a chance to get back to what he showed 2 years ago when he was the leading intercept marker on the comp.

I hope everyone who complains next year about a lack of depth or how we are such a young team or whatever excuse they trot out, remember their happiness over the cull.
I don’t think anyone’s celebrating by any stretch but certainly some of these changes are good. Some are a little odd.

Hopefully these deep cuts mean any nonsense about trading Brown or Polec can be put to bed.

I honestly think that these cuts suggest the opposite.

Today showed that Rawlings is going to be absolutely ruthless in building a list that he is happy with. He has been saying all year that he will stop at nothing to improve the list and today proved it.

And Brady goes BANG!

only real surprises for me are
Crocker, never played a game, I can only assume the Schnoz never thought he'd make it.

And Daw. Wasn't really given much of a chance to get back to what he showed 2 years ago when he was the leading intercept marker on the comp.

Yes I would have liked to have seen Crocker but clearly coaches think he isn't going to make it. As for maj yes would have liked to have seen him back at 2018 levels but I was just happy to see him work his way back to getting back on the field after what he went through amazing achievement in itself

I honestly think that these cuts suggest the opposite.

Today showed that Rawlings is going to be absolutely ruthless in building a list that he is happy with. He has been saying all year that he will stop at nothing to improve the list and today proved it.

Perhaps yes. Even with cuts to list sizes though surely unless we are trading them for players there just isn't space?

so those still without contracts

Aiden Bonar
Ben Brown
Ed Vickers-Willis
Jed Anderson
Kayne Turner
Kyron Hayden
Matthew MacGuinness
Taylor Garner (RFA)
Will Walker

I wonder if this is the end of delistings?

Most of the players on that list should stay, MacGuinness i have not even heard of, cut.

Love the deep cut... a few of them shocked me a little at first, but happy with who we went with.
Garner very lucky considering his horrible durability - like the rest of us, the coaches want one more year to see if he can get right...
Glad EVW survived. Just needs some luck injury wise & he’ll be 👍
We chopped a lot of our backline - both experienced: Macmillan, Maj, Pittard, Williams
and the young guys: Durdin, Crocker, Murphy
We have got Corr & we must also be pretty confident in getting Saad or Williams.
Hayden & Perez both look good down back, but are very inexperienced. The emergence of these 2 & MacKay has allowed these deep cuts down back.
Exciting times!
Very interested to see what list sizes are for next year... AFL announcement must be soon surely!?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back