List Mgmt. The 24 Out Of Contract Club

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s definetly a move I think will pay off in the long term along with trading Polec

polec, no as we have to pay a large amount of his salary, he will be held to contract as it still has 3 years to go. you never know, he might become decent. He was quite good last year. A good player doesn't forget how to play over the summer break...

polec, no as we have to pay a large amount of his salary, he will be held to contract as it still has 3 years to go. you never know, he might become decent. He was quite good last year. A good player doesn't forget how to play over the summer break...
Same thing can be said for forwards who kick 60 goals a year three years running.

I wouldn't be keeping either of them mate, but until we know we have picked up at least one more ruckman, then one of them stays.

I agree. I cut him more on the basis that I reckon his very slim build means he is still going to take a bit of time.

Some are going to have to go, and that's all we really know.
Well that ended up working well lol. Campbell isn't AFL quality at all IMO.

Still think dropping Daw and Williams was daf.

Can understand Pittard and Macmilan going after seeing Perez the last few games. I thought he'd be good based on his pre draft highlights, but he could be elite. Tiny sample size I know but he's a first year kid. Admittedly he is playing very late, wouldn't have got a game in anormal season cos it would be finals.

You'd have to think they have other hbf options on the way too considering we just cut three of them from the list.

McGuiness ... Without VFL next year he may be in some trouble but they must think he is worth keeping or he'd be gone.

Absolutely should have been paid and it was a professional one by Murphy. Won them the game. Dumb by Pittard. And if we did that you would be up in absolute arms if we didn't get it. Free kick every day of the week.
If that is a free kick the game is broken.

He dived, ie failed to hold his feet under absolutely minimal contact.

Once upon a time that sort of staging would have been treated with contempt across the league. It put the Aussies out of the World Cup level softness and shows the umps really have no feel for controlling the game any more.

It makes a mockery of the concept of a physical contest if you can't stand up when someone bumps into you.

Especially when we have Ben Brown suffering years of exactly the same thing in actual contests and everyone saying he needs to be stronger at the ball.

Once upon a time that sort of staging would have been treated with contempt across the league. It put the Aussies out of the World Cup level softness and shows the umps really have no feel for controlling the game any more.

It makes a mockery of the concept of a physical contest if you can't stand up when someone bumps into you.

Especially when we have Ben Brown suffering years of exactly the same thing in actual contests and everyone saying he needs to be stronger at the ball.
I get it that some blokes may fall if bumped when they are off balance or maybe because they are lightweights.

This was a bloke who lurched a full second after the touch, and the direction he fell and the rollover were just out of context. He staged. He deserves to be labelled as a gutless cheat.

I’m not calling for violence against him, but a dose of karma would not go astray.

I get it that some blokes may fall if bumped when they are off balance or maybe because they are lightweights.

This was a bloke who lurched a full second after the touch, and the direction he fell and the rollover were just out of context. He staged. He deserves to be labelled as a gutless cheat.

I’m not calling for violence against him, but a dose of karma would not go astray.
Either am I but it probably wouldn't hurt...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't have to do anything. We're not trying to offload a spud here. Just because the media are falling over themselves to plot our downfall and help other clubs pick over the carcass doesn't mean we have to do anything of the sort.

Ferball it was free. Let it go

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

BBB out the door will be another brilliant move. We need 2 big robust forwards who are comfortable with 1v1 grapples. BBB cannot play this style with his loss of strength. Brisbane needs a big forward, get 2 first rounders, we are the big winner.

Brisbane have their pick and Ports pick, possibly 17 and 18, so they do not have anything that North should go after there, but they do have players, like Josh Walker, who have been forced out of their side. Witherden is one. They also have juniors that have played ressies as Brisbane have had bugger all injuries for two years. I am against clearing Brown as goal kicking key forwards are rare but I think Brown is doing exactly what I would do in his circumstance and trying to get more cash.
What he said.

BBB, the most consistent forward for the last three years for a speculative two players.

You sir, and I say this with the greatest respect, have shown yourself to be a self absorbed idiot who knows less than John Snow.
Sir, I must protest . The cricketer John Snow was an accomplished poet and the more famous John Snow was arguably the most valuable scientist of last century.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/snow_john.shtml

When ever I am in London the wife goes shopping and I go to the monument to Snow in central London. It used to be a water pump with the handle removed but that was going to be replaced. The pub opposite it serves a wide variety of beers, has an interesting wine list and the grub is great. John Snow discoveries have saved more lives than anyone else except for those two blokes who found that hypochloride in water kills bugs

he does play for Carlton, can one life be full of any more karma?

I actually want the AFL to only cut list sizes by 3 not 5 as projected. Smaller list sizes have a number of ramifications but the biggest one I can think of is the willingness of clubs to pick up developmental young players or guys that may need 2-3 years before they can get a game. There would be a lot more focus on drafting mature agers as their bodies are usually AFL ready (having played in state leagues already and being older). Probably means the State leagues get a lot more coverage as those who don't get drafted or delisted players would actually be playing there instead of being put in a team at 18. Thoughts?

I actually want the AFL to only cut list sizes by 3 not 5 as projected. Smaller list sizes have a number of ramifications but the biggest one I can think of is the willingness of clubs to pick up developmental young players or guys that may need 2-3 years before they can get a game. There would be a lot more focus on drafting mature agers as their bodies are usually AFL ready (having played in state leagues already and being older). Probably means the State leagues get a lot more coverage as those who don't get drafted or delisted players would actually be playing there instead of being put in a team at 18. Thoughts?
Sounds like a reasonable hypothesis but I reckon there will always be fascination with youth and potential that wins most of the time.

Sounds like a reasonable hypothesis but I reckon there will always be fascination with youth and potential that wins most of the time.
Maybe most clubs will be inclined to take the best 1-2 kids in a draft and then mature agers who are ready to go. Or a mature ager who is the best in state league etc.

If we were going into next year and not a single player had a contract who else would be departing?
Bonar, Atley, Tyson, Hall, Turner, Campbell? Would be harsh, but i would have Kept Maj over all of those most likely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back