The 2nd "What are you reading now" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: The "What are you reading now" thread

Finished Lord of the Flies last week, and half way through The Power and the Glory, by Graham Greene, at the moment.

I never the read The Lord of the Flies at school, and I'm glad I didn't, because I don't think I would have enjoyed it as I did now. A beautifully written and haunting book.

Just finished David Baldacci's new book 'Divine Justice'

Absolutely love his stuff and for anyone that has read The Camel Club series this is a ripper:thumbsu:

Just finished The Death of Ivan Ilyich. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Will begin Anna Karenina in a few days.

Just finished The Death of Ivan Ilyich. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

That's my next book. Can't wait to get into it.

I've been on a rampage lately;
Empire: How Britain Made The Modern World - Niall Ferguson
The Master and Margarita - Mikhail Bulgakov
Two books from the Flashman series
Middlesex - Jeffrey Eugblahblah

Just finished Duma Key by Stephen King and am now into Fury by Salman Rushdie.

Love to hear your thoughts on this. I tried reading this about six times before finally getting all the way through it. I've never heard of anyone else reading it.

I've gone back to reading the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series, only previously read the first two books, now up to 'Life, the Universe and Everything' :thumbsu:

I really enjoyed it. I love how he made that singular theme work in so many different ways. I think what he was trying to say is that violence begets simply more violence and that it is an inescapable cycle, as we see in so many different ways with Solanka. God, he uses brilliant language, some sentences made me go wow... What did you think about it?

Am now reading Midnight's Children..

I thought it was fantastic. His vocabulary is obviously immense and he really knows how to construct a good story.

The ending was really nice and a bit of tear-jerker.

Decided it was time to start reading again, so I went and picked up fight club.
Should be good hopefully

You should love it.

Ive read that and a few others by Chuck, Lullaby, Invisible Monsters, Survivor and Choke and loved each and every one of them. Love his style and characters.

One of my very favorite authors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte.

Heathcliff makes me :(

That's on my list for early next year.

Finished the Power and the Glory last week, which was quite good, and also Animal Farm which was bloody hilarious.

Currently reading Catch - 22. Amusing so far.

Playing for Pizza - John Grisham

I'm currently reading 'My Colombian Death" by Matthew Thompson.

About 1/3 through at the moment, it's a true story of a Sydney journalists travels through Colombia. Very interesting, so far.

Spy Handler by Victor Cherkashin. Dude who recruited Aldrich Ames and Richard Hanssen to turn against the CIA and be double agents for the KGB.

Very interesting.

I noted that down into the "to read section" of my diary.

Just finished "closing hell's gates". Story of the Macquarie Harbour settlement on the west coast of tasmania.

I'm now enjoying the "faction" of the sea hunters 2 by clive cussler which is old, but i only just came by it in Borders Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back