The 300 Club - V/AFL, SANFL, WAFL, VFA/L

Remove this Banner Ad

Jim has played over 200 games, 88 with Claremont, 134 with North Melbourne and 13 with Saints. (235)
PHIL has also played over 200, 90 with Claremont, 141 with North Melbourne and 7 with Footscray. (238)
There was also a third Krakouer brother (Andrew) who played 8 games with North Melbourne from 1989-1990.
And not sure but another Krakouer played 91 games in the WAFL, Billy Krakouer (playing for Claremont, East and South Fremantle) from 1988-1994.

As for 200 club, the list would be endless! There'd probably be quadruple of what has made the 300 club (even sorting through that is a task lol). But it would be awesome to find out how many are in that elusive club.

Edit: Billy was the third oldest out of the Krakouer brothers and unfortunately passed last year.. Steve Michael said he was a lot like PHIL, a very dangerous player.

Maybe start with the 200-game club, perhaps even 200-goal club. I'm happy to help if you need assistance :)

Can any stats guys answer a question for me please if possible. How many pre-season games did my cousin play (Andrew Krakouer). I know he played 137 games but this figure does not include pre-season games such as Wizard Cup/NAB Cup etc. Also how many goals did he kick. I know he kicked 152 goals but this figure doesn't include goals kicked in pre-season games such as Wizard Cup/NAB Cup etc. Any help would be appreciated. Oh and also he played a state rep match too in 2010 when the WAFL played the VFL I think in Perth, are those games part of game tallies etc too?

Cheers.
According to the 2014 AFL Record Season Guide, Andrew played 17 games and kicked 16 goals (all 6-point goals, no 9-pointers) in the Pre-Season Competition, to go with his League/Premiership Season Career of 137 games and 152 goals. He played no State of Origin or International games.

I'm sure the state league clash details would not be included with his AFL record. He kicked one goal according to this match report:-
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/vf...ate-league-clash/story-e6frg1wu-1225869976156

According to the 2014 AFL Record Season Guide, Andrew played 17 games and kicked 16 goals (all 6-point goals, no 9-pointers) in the Pre-Season Competition, to go with his League/Premiership Season Career of 137 games and 152 goals. He played no State of Origin or International games.

I'm sure the state league clash details would not be included with his AFL record. He kicked one goal according to this match report:-
http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/vf...ate-league-clash/story-e6frg1wu-1225869976156

Thanks very much for the info about Andy's pre-season games. So this takes him to 154 AFL games, does this mean he qualifies for some sort of like membership or is that for players who rack up 300 AFL games? I ask cos I remember when Judd played his 300th game earlier this season and that included pre-season games, so I assume pre-season (Wizard Cup/NAB Cup etc) count for something I guess?

As for the state game - yes spot on he played one of those (in 2010) and kicked one goal.

Last edited:

Thanks very much for the info about Andy's pre-season games. So this takes him to 154 AFL games, does this mean he qualifies for some sort of like membership or is that for players who rack up 300 AFL games? As for the state game - yes spot on he played one of those (in 2010) and kicked one goal.
300 games appears to be the minimum for AFL Life Membership.

What West Coast Eagles player has played the most league games (including AFL/VFL, WAFL etc etc)

Cheers.

Also - it appread that pre-season games do count for something?

so does that mean pre-season games are included?
Almost certainly. Pre-Season, State of Origin and International games would all be included. e.g. Dean Cox played 290 (League) games and was inducted as an AFL Life Member last year. He also played 25 pre-season and 1 SoO game so that got him to the 300 mark.

I guess the question is, do Jimmy and Phil Krakouer qualify for the "300 game club" if you include Pre-season games? I wonder how many Pre-season games they played?

Steve Malaxos - 66 with West Coast, 280-odd in WAFL and a few games with Hawthorn, about 364 in total.

66 - West Coast, 9 - Hawthorn, 280 - WAFL. All up 355

I guess the question is, do Jimmy and Phil Krakouer qualify for the "300 game club" if you include Pre-season games? I wonder how many Pre-season games they played?
According to the pages from the (now defunct) AFL Historical Statistics website:-
Jim Krakouer played 147 League, 2 State of Origin, 8 Pre-Season games and 0 International games.
Phil Krakouer played 148 League, 1 State of Origin, 11 Pre-Season and 0 International games.

I don't know what their record is as far as WAFL pre-season games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to the pages from the (now defunct) AFL Historical Statistics website:-
Jim Krakouer played 147 League, 2 State of Origin, 8 Pre-Season games and 0 International games.
Phil Krakouer played 148 League, 1 State of Origin, 11 Pre-Season and 0 International games.

I don't know what their record is as far as WAFL pre-season games.

See link below, it says he played 7 State of Origin games for WA, Jim Krakouer that is.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc...sID=81458&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=6607524

See link below, it says he played 7 State of Origin games for WA, Jim Krakouer that is.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc...sID=81458&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=6607524
It does say "7 games WA", so that should include State of Origin and State League games. It's not out of the question that the website you have provided a link to made an error, or the AFL site may have got it wrong, of course, but he probably played 5 state games for the WAFL, to go with his 2 SoO games.

It does say "7 games WA", so that should include State of Origin and State League games. It's not out of the question that the website you have provided a link to made an error, or the AFL site may have got it wrong, of course, but he probably played 5 state games for the WAFL, to go with his 2 SoO games.

Depends on how people interpret it mate. What a player he was :)

Depends on how people interpret it mate. What a player he was :)
There's a link to a .pdf file here that should have all the details of WA State team lineups for the relevant period:-

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/state-of-origin-team-line-ups-and-goals.1048615/#post-31685671

According to what I can see in that file, Jim Krakouer played state games for the WAFL in 1979, 1980 and 1981. He played State of Origin for WA in 1985, 1987 and 1988. Making a total of 6. 3 SoO games doesn't match the figure on the AFL site.

Phil Krakouer played a state game for the WAFL in 1981. He played State of Origin for WA in 1980(x2) and 1988. Making a total of 4. 3 SoO games also doesn't match the figure on the old AFL site. Confusing stuff!

Mate a few questions if you could help me with them (if possible and also thanks for your help so far). You say Andrew played 17 pre-season (Wizard Cup/NAB Cup etc) games. How many of the 17 games were for Richmond and Collingwood. Also you said he kicked 16 goals in the pre-season comp, how many of those 16 goals were for Collingwood and Richmond. Also if possible (this may be a hard one), how many behinds too - as in behinds kicked in the pre-season. Also his VFL goals, he kicked 63 goals in the VFL, how many VFL behinds did he kick? Ive got his WAFL behinds and AFL behinds but cant find anything for the VFL behinds he kicked. This task may be a touch harder too. But yeah if any help you could provide then great.

Mate a few questions if you could help me with them (if possible and also thanks for your help so far). You say Andrew played 17 pre-season (Wizard Cup/NAB Cup etc) games. How many of the 17 games were for Richmond and Collingwood. Also you said he kicked 16 goals in the pre-season comp, how many of those 16 goals were for Collingwood and Richmond. Also if possible (this may be a hard one), how many behinds too - as in behinds kicked in the pre-season. Also his VFL goals, he kicked 63 goals in the VFL, how many VFL behinds did he kick? Ive got his WAFL behinds and AFL behinds but cant find anything for the VFL behinds he kicked. This task may be a touch harder too. But yeah if any help you could provide then great.
I hope Andrew realizes how lucky he is to have such a loyal relative as you. Half of my cousins I wouldn't know if I passed them in the street, we basically only bump into each other at funerals every decade or two!!

The 2011 AFL Record Season Guide (which would have come out prior to his first season at Collingwood commencing) has him with 10 pre-season games and 10 goals. So that would be his record with the Tigers. So, with the Pies he should have what's left - 7 games & 6 goals. This is assuming the figures in the AFL books are 100% correct. As we've already seen, they're not immune to making errors, but they should be right.

I'll do my best with the rest of it, but when you say "This task may be a touch harder too." it's probably understating it somewhat! I don't think there's much hope of finding behind tallies for AFL pre-season games anywhere. I'm not too confident either regarding VFL behinds. All I can think of is old VFL Records (which are available online), if they don't include behind tallies it may be nearly impossible to find.

I hope Andrew realizes how lucky he is to have such a loyal relative as you. Half of my cousins I wouldn't know if I passed them in the street, we basically only bump into each other at funerals every decade or two!!

The 2011 AFL Record Season Guide (which would have come out prior to his first season at Collingwood commencing) has him with 10 pre-season games and 10 goals. So that would be his record with the Tigers. So, with the Pies he should have what's left - 7 games & 6 goals. This is assuming the figures in the AFL books are 100% correct. As we've already seen, they're not immune to making errors, but they should be right.

I'll do my best with the rest of it, but when you say "This task may be a touch harder too." it's probably understating it somewhat! I don't think there's much hope of finding behind tallies for AFL pre-season games anywhere. I'm not too confident either regarding VFL behinds. All I can think of is old VFL Records (which are available online), if they don't include behind tallies it may be nearly impossible to find.

No worries mate, yes Andrew knows I'm a fan of his plus he's family too. Also I have always wanted to know what his stats were. Yes find me what you can and let me know. The WAFL website is really good, it gives his stats for everything - disposals, goals, behinds etc etc, a shame the VFL don't have a similar set up. But yeah let me know what you can find.

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_...&client=1-118-10581-0-16771075&ocompID=204557
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_...nt=1-118-10581-253880-18717711&ocompID=253880

2012 Collingwood VFL - 4 games / 2 goals 2 behinds
2013 Collingwood VFL - 10 games / 3 goals 5 behinds

That should be his entire career with Collingwood VFL, as the 2012 AFL book says he didn't play any VFL games in 2011.

Now for Richmond/Coburg?

Yes mate, now for Richmond/Coburg. In fact when he played VFL at Richmond it was with Coburg. He played 40 games with Richmond's affiliate - Coburg and kicked 58 goals so that part is done for you, just gotta find the behinds.

Yes mate, now for Richmond/Coburg. In fact when he played VFL at Richmond it was with Coburg. He played 40 games with Richmond's affiliate - Coburg and kicked 58 goals so that part is done for you, just gotta find the behinds.
The VFL site doesn't seem to have the player records from even a few years back, which is really poor. Finding the Collingwood ones was handy, at least. The VFL Records don't show behinds as I had hoped they would, so I can't think of anywhere else to look.

You could certainly give Coburg Football Club a go - they should be more likely than most to have the information. There's a couple of email addresses you could try here:- http://coburgfc.com.au/contact/

Again, with the AFL pre-season games, I don't know of anywhere that behinds could be found.

The VFL site doesn't seem to have the player records from even a few years back, which is really poor. Finding the Collingwood ones was handy, at least. The VFL Records don't show behinds as I had hoped they would, so I can't think of anywhere else to look.

You could certainly give Coburg Football Club a go - they should be more likely than most to have the information. There's a couple of email addresses you could try here:- http://coburgfc.com.au/contact/

Again, with the AFL pre-season games, I don't know of anywhere that behinds could be found.

Thanks for your help - much appreciated. Not sure I will email Coburg as they probably don't have stats from 2001 - 2007. It seems a hard task.

Thanks for your help - much appreciated. Not sure I will email Coburg as they probably don't have stats from 2001 - 2007. It seems a hard task.
Shouldn't it be their job to keep such records? I wish there was something else I could come up with but I'm all out of moves.

rbartlett

Any chance you can provide the number of behinds kicked by Andrew Krakouer for Coburg, Rhett?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back