The 90s thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Norm doing Burt Reynolds.

So many guys from the 90s SNL era that went on to be stars like Adam Sandler, Chris Farley, David Spade, Mike Myers, Dana Carvey, Phil Hartman, Rob Schneider, Norm MacDonald and Will Ferrell.

Last edited:

Those were the days.

They were the early days of Ch10 in Perth.

The ratings for The Comedy Company went through the roof.

That was due to Perth people being grateful just to have a 4th channel.

There was no 7mate or 10peach back in those days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally it was a decade spent bringing up children, my 2 kids were born in 85 and 87, loved it.

There was also a dalliance with pub ownership in the first half of the 90s, in hindsight not the smartest thing to do with 2 young children in tow.

Copious amounts of weed.. Seems I spent most of the 90s bouncing from dealers in the daytime and bouncing from bouncers in the night time... As the decade wore on things became more sinister and I won 10K at Crown and got the * out of dodge... Right into Surfers Paradise... 2000.

90s we're great, I started at 16 and ended at 33, then went back to 22 in 2000. LSD also was a regular feature in the early-mid90s, while Ecstacy was a feature in the mid-late 90s. Sex was on tap. Drugs were on tic.

1990-1992: Primary School
1993-1997: High School
1998-1999: Started Working

90s were great.

Started following AFL. Loved going to the SANFL. Early 90s double headers at Footy Park were great as a kid.

Started heading interstate more for footy weekends. Would often go to see as many games as possible.

Fri night, Sat day, Sat night, Sunday, Mon night (95 onwards) etc

Went overseas to America, did the whole Disneyland thing. Was amazing at the time.

School at the time seemed tough but looking back was straight forward. I was, still am, pretty quiet and not in the cool group or not the scrubber group so just floated with a few mates.

Started working at HJs in 98. Really gives you the skills to work under pressure, deal with people, follow schedules, team work, etc for future jobs and life. Loved working there.

And of course fell in Love with the West Coast Eagles early 1990s. Earliest memory was watching a Fri night game on tv WCE v Foots. Sumich kicked 13. From there I was absolutely hooked. Cannot picture footy before that. Any games from before that game I can't Remember anything about. Saw us play Adel at footy park a couple of weeks later with my dad and got an Eagles scarf and remember the atmosphere and smells and it was all so exciting. Helps that we won too

Good old 90s.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

1990-1992: Primary School
1993-1997: High School
1998-1999: Started Working

90s were great.

Started following AFL. Loved going to the SANFL. Early 90s double headers at Footy Park were great as a kid.

Started heading interstate more for footy weekends. Would often go to see as many games as possible.

Fri night, Sat day, Sat night, Sunday, Mon night (95 onwards) etc

Went overseas to America, did the whole Disneyland thing. Was amazing at the time.

School at the time seemed tough but looking back was straight forward. I was, still am, pretty quiet and not in the cool group or not the scrubber group so just floated with a few mates.

Started working at HJs in 98. Really gives you the skills to work under pressure, deal with people, follow schedules, team work, etc for future jobs and life. Loved working there

Same here ie. The years of primary and high school. Cept I started working at Hoyts my first part time job in 1996.

First game of footy was in the 90s too- 1993 Essendon v Geelong which was an absolute classic.

Same here ie. The years of primary and high school. Cept I started working at Hoyts my first part time job in 1996.

First game of footy was in the 90s too- 1993 Essendon v Geelong which was an absolute classic.
That was a classic!!

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Copious amounts of weed.. Seems I spent most of the 90s bouncing from dealers in the daytime and bouncing from bouncers in the night time... As the decade wore on things became more sinister and I won 10K at Crown and got the fu** out of dodge... Right into Surfers Paradise... 2000.

90s we're great, I started at 16 and ended at 33, then went back to 22 in 2000. LSD also was a regular feature in the early-mid90s, while Ecstacy was a feature in the mid-late 90s. Sex was on tap. Drugs were on tic.
*en beautiful!

Personally it was a decade spent bringing up children, my 2 kids were born in 85 and 87, loved it.

There was also a dalliance with pub ownership in the first half of the 90s, in hindsight not the smartest thing to do with 2 young children in tow.
I took up pub ownership at the end of the 90s, no kids but also a questionable decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back