The A-League Home & Away Completion Thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next block of matches...

Tuesday 4th August
Western Sydney Wanderers V Perth Glory, Bankwest Stadium, 7:30pm EST

Wednesday 5th August
Wellington Phoenix V Brisbane Roar, Hunter Stadium, 6:00pm EST

Thursday 6th August
Adelaide United V Sydney FC, ANZ Stadium, 7:30pm EST

Friday 7th August
Western United V Western Sydney Wanderers, Jubilee Stadium, 7:30pm

Saturday 8th August
Perth Glory V Melbourne Victory, Jubilee Stadium, 5:00pm EST ( ABCTV Broadcast match Check local guides)

Prediction: Perth 2-1 Nix 1-0 Syd 2-1 WSWVWU 2-2 Perth 3-1

Statement regarding COVID-19 positive case in Newcastle

Football Federation Australia (FFA) has been advised by McDonald Jones Stadium that a fan who attended the Newcastle Jets match on Sunday 2 August has recently tested positive for COVID-19.
McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle Jets and FFA will continue to work with NSW Health to monitor this situation.
The match at McDonald Jones Stadium was operated under the COVID Safe Plan and is currently undergoing a full clean.
FFA strongly recommends that fans and stadium staff follow the advice of NSW Health and if they attended the match to be alert for symptoms, and if any develop to get tested and self-isolate immediately.
There are no known cross-over opportunities with teams, high performance staff and match officials as they all operate within designated controlled zones.

their goes the crowds in NSW

Statement regarding COVID-19 positive case in Newcastle

Football Federation Australia (FFA) has been advised by McDonald Jones Stadium that a fan who attended the Newcastle Jets match on Sunday 2 August has recently tested positive for COVID-19.
McDonald Jones Stadium, Newcastle Jets and FFA will continue to work with NSW Health to monitor this situation.
The match at McDonald Jones Stadium was operated under the COVID Safe Plan and is currently undergoing a full clean.
FFA strongly recommends that fans and stadium staff follow the advice of NSW Health and if they attended the match to be alert for symptoms, and if any develop to get tested and self-isolate immediately.
There are no known cross-over opportunities with teams, high performance staff and match officials as they all operate within designated controlled zones.

their goes the crowds in NSW
No that is not the case. The ffa has announced ground changes to games and the sydney fc game will be open to crowds.

So Western Sydney done for the season.

Some pearler goals from Diamanti last night, second one especially.

Leaves them in the box seat for the last finals spot, especially if Adelaide don’t win on Tuesday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last Block of matches...

Tuesday 11th August
Melbourne City V Adelaide United, ANZ Stadium, 7:30pm EST

Wednesday 12th August
Perth Glory V Western United, BankWest Stadium, 5:35pm EST
Western Sydney V Melbourne Victory, BankWest Stadium, 8:10pm EST

Thursday 13th August
Newcastle Jets V Wellington Phoenix, Jubilee Stadium, 7:30pm EST

Saturday 15th August
Sydney FC V Western United, Leichhardt Oval, 5:00pm EST

Wednesday 19th August
Western United V Melbourne City, Jubilee Stadium, 7:30pm EST

Predictions: City 2-0 WU 2-1 MV 2-1 NewVWell 1-1 Syd 1-0 City 2-1

Now we need western union (refuse to call them United) to get no more than 2 points for us to get 6th. If only we didn’t have that awful run pre-hiatus otherwise we wouldn’t need to rely on another team slipping up, only ourselves to blame

Now we need western union (refuse to call them United) to get no more than 2 points for us to get 6th. If only we didn’t have that awful run pre-hiatus otherwise we wouldn’t need to rely on another team slipping up, only ourselves to blame
And we need Western to defeat City to have any chance of second. I'm torn. I want the Reds in the final, but... we also want second.

And we need Western to defeat City to have any chance of second. I'm torn. I want the Reds in the final, but... we also want second.
All the very best for the finals, would love to see the Nix go all the way for once. Sad we won’t be there this season, but I’m sure we’ll return to the finals the next season

All the very best for the finals, would love to see the Nix go all the way for once. Sad we won’t be there this season, but I’m sure we’ll return to the finals the next season
Thanks bud! The way Carl has you guys playing I expect nothing less than a strong run into the finals next year :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back