The A-League R9 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide currently hosting sydney fc for the Ball Boy Appreciation Shield. From all accounts the ball boys have behaved and given the ball to all players in a timely manner.

Wanderers vs Brisbane Roar

Newcastle who are the surprise packets vs Melb City

Wellington do battle at home against the struggling Victory of Melbourne

In the final game, Central Coast and Perth play a game.

Enjoy

I know people had a love/hate relationship with Ange Postecoglou as the national coach. But you could never argue that he didn't try to play attractive football, which is important in a country like Australia where it's not the primary sport.

I also know that the Sydney mafia are backing him to the hilt... but every time I watch Sydney I think it would be a disgrace to the Socceroos, and to everything that we've tried to achieve since 2005 (sans the Verbeek era), if we appointed Arnold as national team coach to play this boring, bullshit, defensive football.

Perhaps I'm in a minority - but I much, much prefer watching us lose playing attacking football like the Netherlands game in Brazil than winning playing bullshit like Arnold insists upon.

My other note from tonights game - I always though Wilkshire was unfairly maligned, and was the most underrated player we had during that golden era, and the extent to which A-League clubs ignored him demonstrates how underrated he still is. I hate the Smurfs, but for giving Wilkshire the opportunity to show his stuff in Australia, they kind of deserve the great season that he's having.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Always rated Wilkshire, unfashionable but reliable.

On our game, you're gonna struggle when you have 1 shot on target, and your leading scorer is forced to play left wingback

Good riddance to this shitty stadium. If I lived in Sydney I think I'd be going to watch its demolition with champagne. I can't believe the Sydney Football Stadium's rebuild has been prioritised over this soulless pile of garbage.

I know this game was moved very late - but they would've been much better off playing it at Cambelltown or Penrith. Given their crowds this season they probably would've been big enough even before the rain hit.

Damn. Franjic with a banger seconds after coming on the pitch as a sub. Worth checking out if you're not watching the game (which apparently no one else is!)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back