Analysis The Ablett Effect

Remove this Banner Ad

No we just see how it is. He was a mercenary that didn’t give a s**t about your club. Took the success and ran straight for the money. Both Gary’s just played for themselves. It’s sad that they are your idols and you therefore have to delude yourselves that you are happy with the decision he left to cope.

He did you dirty and used you guys. Then came back for more money. The end.

Nah, he was just a human being like all of us, like you are, like I am, and like everyone is. You think you’re perfect but the harsh reality is you’re just the same as everyone else and you live your life vicariously through a football club and the way you talk on here, there’s a very realistic chance that it is all you have, and the fact that you have to judge those who have achieved more than you ever will, as though you sit on a pedestal, against others simply because one makes one choice, and others make a different one, makes you a pretty sad, pathetic, and frankly, f**ked individual who’s no different to the rest of us.

They kick balls for a living mate. They’re just people. They get 15 years to do it. To set themselves up for life. The one you’re perennially criticising has a sister who died before his career even finished and he was trying to provide for that family. He has a son that’s more than likely going to die before he reaches adulthood.

So judge away. It says more about you than it does about anyone else.

Lol I heard he’s about to sign a 3 year deal for Richmond.
Hope so, I speak for both of us when I say the last thing we want is for Dustie to confirm himself as a money hungry, selfish, disloyal, rotten human who despises the Richmond FC and used them only for success - which is exactly what he'd be if he signs for Gold Coast. Right?

i think theres some historical revisionism going on here in terms of gabletts effect on gold coast

Before Gablett did his shoulder Gold coast where in the 8 with 7 games to go in 2014, every other team in the 8 at that point in time that year made finals, gold coast won one more game for the rest of the year, and finished 2 wins out of the 8

if gablett plays they simply need to win 2 of the following games to make finals (brackets are where they ended up by end of season)

Bulldogs (14th)
Brisbane (15th)
Carlton (13th)
Port (5th)
Essendon (7th)
West coast (9th)

youd imagine theyd manage to win 2 more games, then they play finals, hell they may even host a final if they win 5 of of the 7 and perhaps the entire history of the football club changes as they finally break the mediocrity curse, perhaps players like prestia and lynch dont go to richmond seeking success, they may even be able to attract players with the promise of money and success rather than just money

instead gablett dislocates his shoulder and is never the same again, and gold coast folds down the ladder.

take note barret, this is what a real sliding doors moment looks like

Hope so, I speak for both of us when I say the last thing we want is for Dustie to confirm himself as a money hungry, selfish, disloyal, rotten human who despises the Richmond FC and used them for success - which is exactly what he'd be if he signs for Gold Coast. Right?

Yes

I’ll stand by it. Unlike you guys I’ll be filthy and not pretend to cope.

Yeah probably. Ottens was one of the primary reasons we won anything. You’d have won with or without Caddy.

Nah he provided foil for Riewoldt in 2017.

Ottens helped us tank to get better picks. I love that he left. Win win and created 2 dynasties and we got to wreck you again with your own trades 🤣

You see hawks and tigers value one club players, just look at our legends as proof. To us taking that easy way out with the money like a common joe isn’t impressive and quite looked down upon.
Are you trying to make Richmond supporters look bad?

Recently Houli, Nankervis, Prestia, and in the past Clokie, Malthouse, Ian MF Stewart, and if you're not an absolute ignoramus, the name Dan Minogue might mean something.

Tons of Richmond greats came from other clubs, including Collingwood.

You keep using this word like it means something. What are we coping with?

Everything and anything negatively related to the abletts and Geelongs shortcomings. It’s quite sad. Grow a spine and say it how it is. Every other person in this thread can see it.

I mean even Chris Scott was clapping with GAJ was destroying you guys at the Suns. Again that’s sick who tf does that?

Nah he provided foil for Riewoldt in 2017.

Ottens helped us tank to get better picks. I love them he left. Win win

You don’t need help tanking. It’s one of the primary features of deliberately losing.

And usually when you tank the traditional way is to get worse, not better, so ideally you’d have not gone from winning 7 and 4 games in his final two seasons at Richmond to winning 10 and 11 the next two years.

Are you trying to make Richmond supporters look bad?

Recently Houli, Nankervis, Prestia, and in the past Clokie, Malthouse, Ian MF Stewart, and if you're not an absolute ignoramus, the name Dan Minogue might mean something.

Tons of Richmond greats came from other clubs, including Collingwood.

Look at the greatest players mate. Not the second stringers. Come back to me, we may have the greatest collection.

You don’t need help tanking. It’s one of the primary features of deliberately losing.

And usually when you tank the traditional way is to get worse, not better, so ideally you’d have not gone from winning 7 and 4 games in his final two seasons at Richmond to winning 10 and 11 the next two years.

Can’t blame us, that what the times were during 07-11. Chronic tanking especially by the Dees who got fined. Weakest era in football by miles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everything and anything negatively related to the abletts and Geelongs shortcomings. It’s quite sad. Grow a spine and say it how it is. Every other person in this thread can see it.

I mean even Chris Scott was clapping with GAJ was destroying you guys at the Suns. Again that’s sick who tf does that?

What shortcomings?

Being the equal most successful club of the century? Making 17 of the last 20 finals series?

Help me out here?

What so now sportsmanship is a shortcoming?

Tell me, what exactly did Scott clapping someone do to our club? Did it rip it to pieces? Did it result in members microwaving their memberships?
Did it result in a truckload of horseshit at club headquarters?

You seem to have a lot of things to say about how garbage our club is and how bad our team is yet everything that is used to gauge the success of a football outfit suggests we do quite well.

You tell people they ‘can’t cope.’

I don’t even know what that means but based on an educated guess I would say that your borderline psychotic obsession with talking down a club who has won 4 premierships in 16 seasons, been in the top four for most of that time, missed the finals twice, and your attempts to somehow say that we have been failing despite turning over champion after champion in that time without ever having to truly bottom out, would have something to do with a struggle of your own to ‘cope’.

Your obsession with attacking the character of someone you have never even met based on the fact that he essentially took a promotion seems almost like jealousy.

Your ignorance of any circumstance or acceptance that essentially it’s just football is bizarre.

Your self-worth and its ties to players and occurrences that took place decades before you were even conceived is worrying to say the least. Who the hell cares. Guess what mate. Geelong was winning titles in a competition that existed before the VFL even started. Who the f**k cares. What does it matter to me? I wasn’t around to see it, neither were my grandparents or their parents, what does it matter.

Firstly and most importantly the game was already sewn up. Secondly, not only was it eerily reminiscent of a great goal he kicked with us many years earlier, but half the crowd there that day would've been going to the footy for years and experiencing the joy his old man - one of the actualy GOATs - brought week after week at the very same ground. Even by your standards this is a lame 'gotcha'.

Somebody who can appreciate the greats of the game. If you can't do that you're a sad sad man

You see hawks and tigers value one club players, just look at our legends as proof. To us taking that easy way out with the money like a common joe isn’t impressive and quite looked down upon.
David Cloke; Brad Ottens; Geoff Raines; Rex Hunt; Bill Barrott...

Somebody who can appreciate the greats of the game. If you can't do that you're a sad sad man

Not mid game mate, seriously. Plenty of time to do it after. The cult of Gary are bigger than Geelong. It’s really sad.

I don’t believe Clarko did it for Buddy, in fact I remember him scoffing that Buddy cost himself 2 flags cause he left lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back