Society/Culture The Abortion Thread

*what risk of death from birth that isn't also present during abortion?

Thromboembolism
Amniotic fluid embolism
preeclampsia
Hemorrhage

^^ see those terms. All medical terms. Thats because its a medical issue. and this is information privy to a doctor and patient.

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thromboembolism
Amniotic fluid embolism
preeclampsia
Hemorrhage

^^ see those terms. All medical terms. Thats because its a medical issue. and this is information privy to a doctor and patient.
Removing a full term foetus as a abortion is effectively the same as caesarean, there would be a highly limited set of cases where it is permissible, and certainly not in the case where the only risk is to a mother’s health.

Thromboembolism
Amniotic fluid embolism
preeclampsia
Hemorrhage

Which of those are excluded by the baby being dead when it's removed?

Which was the point of the question.

Which of those are excluded by the baby being dead when it's removed?

Which was the point of the question.

They're all medical conditions that can arise, and cause death

They can all affect both the woman and fetus. Again, pregnancy is a medical condition, that should be dealt with by medical professionals and not self proclaimed so-called do-gooders who have no knowledge, no insight to judge why a decision might be made, and are intent on forcing pregnancies on women.

They're all medical conditions that can arise, and cause death

They can all affect both the woman and fetus. Again, pregnancy is a medical condition, that should be dealt with by medical professionals and not self proclaimed so-called do-gooders who have no knowledge, no insight to judge why a decision might be made, and are intent on forcing pregnancies on women.

The discussion was about why you would abort a pregnancy when you could just deliver the baby and you rattled off a group of conditions, so I asked which of those are mitigated by killing the baby before it's removed.

At what point is a pregnancy considered a baby to you?

Aug 27, 2015
🅱️🅰️🥇1️⃣3️⃣
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
🇦🇺
I wholeheartedly support womens' right to abortion.

Not only because arguing with Bigfooty posters over the years has given me copious examples of their potential upside, but because I believe women have the right to choose the fate of organisms originating inside their own bodies, and that governments should interfere in our lives as little as possible. Of course there's also the argument abortions will always happen regardless and rendering them illegal merely drives the practice underground, putting women at risk.

chelseacarlton

BLUE it's the Magic Number
10k Posts Sensible Type Chess Club Member Pantskyle
Apr 13, 2008
So Frang
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
The Anti-Theists
They’re all pro-life up until the child is born and then they don’t give one flying * what happens to it.
They are not pro life, they are pro birth, they are and always will be wanton for the control of the woman’s body.
The bible sanctions abortion and the killing, rape and torture of both women and child and the foetus, so religious claims can be thrown in the dust bin.
Americans are morons, don’t be like Americans or the religious right, your faith and feelings have no rights over the reproductive organs of a woman, FULL STOP!!
If they try this on here, get ready for all out war!
Don’t you * with the rights of a woman’s bodily autonomy, it’s hers and hers alone.

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
Removing a full term foetus as a abortion is effectively the same as caesarean, there would be a highly limited set of cases where it is permissible, and certainly not in the case where the only risk is to a mother’s health.

Ummmmmm you need to refine your female anatomy knowledge if you think an abortion is the same as a C-section.

I really don't buy any argument that labels pro-life people as seeking 'control of reproduction' or 'control of women'. It's just not accurate or reflective of the majority of pro-life views. Classic case of demonising the other.
See above where the Alabama trogs limited abortion to the point of banning it (noting no women legislators voted for it) but specifically left out stores embryos.

It’s about control of reproduction.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
How so?
How else do you define prioritising a non-living being over a living human being?
It is reflective.

Calling women / doctors murderers is a much better example of “demonising”.
Every single person who doesn't like abortion thinks like that? You're also creating your definition of what a living being is to suit your argument. Saying it doesn't make it true.

See above where the Alabama trogs limited abortion to the point of banning it (noting no women legislators voted for it) but specifically left out stores embryos.

It’s about control of reproduction.
Yes I know what has happened - the fact that it happened doesn't support what you are arguing. You're inferring the motivation, which is exactly the bad argument I was just pointing out.

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
Every single person who doesn't like abortion thinks like that? You're also creating your definition of what a living being is to suit your argument. Saying it doesn't make it true.

Didn’t say every person did, neither does every pro-choice person think as you asserted.
And no that’s the definition. People arguing against abortion are creating a definition to suit their argument.

How does a 36 week dead foetus get removed from the woman’s body?

Given you are speaking so (misinformedly) authoritatively on the topic I assume you would be able to google the treatment for third-trimester stillbirth, and the procedure for late term abortion.
Hint: it’s not the same as a C-section.

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
If Abortion wasn't legal could you imagine all the extra *heads we'd have to put up with? It's bad enough as it is that some of us actually made it through the birthing process.

Yes I know what has happened - the fact that it happened doesn't support what you are arguing. You're inferring the motivation, which is exactly the bad argument I was just pointing out.

When asked, the senator said “it’s exempt, it’s not in the woman. She is not pregnant”

But it is, according to those anti-choice people a life, is it not?.

That sounds like seeking to control reproductive rights and women.

its free real estate

it's free real estate
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Given you are speaking so (misinformedly) authoritatively on the topic I assume you would be able to google the treatment for third-trimester stillbirth, and the procedure for late term abortion.
Hint: it’s not the same as a C-section.
Does it involve surgery? So it is effectively the same? As I initially said.

Back