Society/Culture The Abortion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Short memory..

The body nobody pro abortion wants to speak for is the most innocent one, the life that is ended. That violent and terrible men were the ones who legislated to protect them should be very relevant, but not how it's being made out.

If you can show me that life doesn't begin when the unique human DNA is formed, I will reassess my opinion.

So you decided to actually say something rather than just a random attack.

Defer to medical experts and science.

So you decided to actually say something rather than just a random attack.

Defer to medical experts and science.
I was actually pointing out that I've copped my fair share of flak in this thread for the basis of my opinion being that human life begins when the unique human DNA is formed and basing the rest from that. Primarily that the convenience of the mother doesn't trump the right to life of the child.

That someone sees the ending of a human heart beat as a right is sick to me. I believe that human life, particularly innocent human life, shouldn't have value removed from it because social political pressure is over swinging hard on women's liberation and collecting columns of human decency in it's path. The value of the child's life shouldn't be decided by anyone and currently our system is that if she deems it valuable then it lives, if she doesn't then it dies, if the father deems it valuable but she doesn't then it dies and if the father doesn't deem it valuable but she does then it lives.

Legal doesn't make it right. Medical doesn't make it right.

But if you don't think it's a human life then you have no issues and on you go without interference from me.

You're entitled to your beliefs and are welcome to make decisions based on ypur beliefs.

But your beliefs mean fa to other women. We can't factor in everyone's beliefs into law.

I'm very aware. I also know that any broad social change would face quite an uphill battle.

Human beings will defend a position they have been camped in, lived by, killed by, to the very end to avoid the possibility that their past actions would need to be re-evaluated and potentially impact on their self perception. They'll dance around euphemisms, pass around minimisation and dehumanising language because the truth that they have ended a human life because it didn't fit the plan would leave a black mark on what they see of their soul - what they think other people will see of them.

Banning abortion because it's ethically wrong is a judgement on all who have used the service. That's a hard thing to deal with.

It it were banned with a get out of gaol free emotional escape, that it wasn't ethically wrong but administratively or procedural or something to that effect - it would mean it wasn't wrong that they ended a life but now that it's not legal for reasons that don't reflect on them then it's more acceptable.

Imagine going to sleep one night and you owned that person who worked in your house, the next morning they were as human as you. Would blow your mind and you'd fight against it because facing the truth that you'd put a human life at the mercy of convenience would make you a monster. Or you recognise their humanity and had invested too much resources in the assets, so you need compensation.

Isn't the solution to stop the sperm fertilising the egg so the genetic mix can't grow a life?

Surely to a conscious intelligent species it only makes sense.

You're entitled to your beliefs and are welcome to make decisions based on ypur beliefs.

But your beliefs mean fa to other women. We can't factor in everyone's beliefs into law.
It is strange reading some of these posts, some using emotive words like killing, ending a life but not one word about the woman whose role is reduced to merely an incubator for 9 months. So much for the caring of a living being.

Any new laws should be based on The Handmaid's Tale, that should keep them happy.

It is strange reading some of these posts, some using emotive words like killing, ending a life but not one word about the woman whose role is reduced to merely an incubator for 9 months. So much for the caring of a living being.

Any new laws should be based on The Handmaid's Tale, that should keep them happy.

Regressing abortion laws is galloping down the road towards Handmaids tale distopia.

Words like "killing" etc are no less accurate because some individuals find them confronting and or psychologically challenging.
Yes it is much easier to take certain positions whilst refraining from using or contemplating the realities but make no mistake, no matter what your position, something is being killed when an abortion takes place.
Hiding away from that reality may make certain positions more "comfortable" but it is nonetheless reality.

Words like "killing" etc are no less accurate because some individuals find them confronting and or psychologically challenging.
Yes it is much easier to take certain positions whilst refraining from using or contemplating the realities but make no mistake, no matter what your position, something is being killed when an abortion takes place.
Hiding away from that reality may make certain positions more "comfortable" but it is nonetheless reality.
Interesting that you address one part of my post and not the other.

Don't care about the health and well being of the incubator?

Not at all..

And to change the subject a bit. I think it is great to have your moderating presence around. It would be great to have you moderating these threads rather than shandog.

I mean look at the feminism thread. Guys can call me a baby killer and that is fine and i get banned for disagreeing with shandog.

You just have to read a few pages of that thread to know that it isn't being properly moderated. Doesn't matter which pages you choose either.

All women related threads on this board become ferral and inundated with mra rubbish and the moderator is on board with them. It is terrible.

I like to think I care as much for all humans as imperfectly as any other. Nothing is black and white really, there is always grey and nuance, including in this case as you rightly point out, the health of the incubator. Nonetheless the topic of abortion cannot remove the reality of killing being the end result. Hiding away from that reality doesn't eliminate it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not at all..

And to change the subject a bit. I think it is great to have your moderating presence around. It would be great to have you moderating these threads rather than shandog.

I mean look at the feminism thread. Guys can call me a baby killer and that is fine and i get banned for disagreeing with shandog.

You just have to read a few pages of that thread to know that it isn't being properly moderated. Doesn't matter which pages you choose either.

All women related threads on this board become ferral and inundated with mra rubbish and the moderator is on board with them. It is terrible.
Shan Dog is okay. I don't have any moderating rights on these boards. Just Collingwood.

Sometimes it is just better to drop in and out of some threads like I do as it ends up personal attack after personal attack and not worth getting banned over. Don't allow yourself to be baited.

I like to think I care as much for all humans as imperfectly as any other. Nothing is black and white really, there is always grey and nuance, including in this case as you rightly point out, the health of the incubator. Nonetheless the topic of abortion cannot remove the reality of killing being the end result. Hiding away from that reality doesn't eliminate it.
Are you sure nothing is black and white? If so why so little about the affect on the female?

I gave you and in and all you posted was the bold and back to the killing, you don't think women die as a consequence of being pregnant?

Shan Dog is okay. I don't have any moderating rights on these boards. Just Collingwood.

Sometimes it is just better to drop in and out of some threads like I do as it ends up personal attack after personal attack and not worth getting banned over. Don't allow yourself to be baited.

Are you sure nothing is black and white? If so why so little about the affect on the female?

I gave you and in and all you posted was the bold and back to the killing, you don't think women die as a consequence of being pregnant?
The posted bold are your own words.
Are you saying abortion discussion is restricted to discussing that which may die whilst eliminating discussion of that which will? I gave you an in and all you want to discuss is the extraordinarily low possibility of that which could die. What about the entity that will?

Last edited:
Edit: to maggie

Well i think chief should let you moderate. These threads desperately need a decent female moderator.

I understand what you're saying about dropping in and out, it is what i do. However i slso see the cold heart of day reality of these threads.

For example if you go back a couple of pages where SB and co attacked Cartwright, and then removed the content of what they were talking about. Like if you had no idea what their points you would think that Cartwright was an absurd conspiracy crazy person. In reality she is measured and intelligent. Like i can lose my s**t sometimes, usually being deliberately dramatic but Cartwright is measured and always maintains a standard despite the fkwits she is arguing against.

It is frustrating watching the smart person treated like THEY are the dumb one. Anyway no offence to Cartwright (or myself for that matter) but i don't care so much about us or our feelings because i know we can deal with it. I really care about lurkers reading this forum. A standard needs to be maintained and unfortunately the guy currently moderating it isnt the craic, at all.

Edit: to maggie

Well i think chief should let you moderate. These threads desperately need a decent female moderator.

I understand what you're saying about dropping in and out, it is what i do. However i slso see the cold heart of day reality of these threads.

For example if you go back a couple of pages where SB and co attacked Cartwright, and then removed the content of what they were talking about. Like if you had no idea what their points you would think that Cartwright was an absurd conspiracy crazy person. In reality she is measured and intelligent. Like i can lose my **** sometimes, usually being deliberately dramatic but Cartwright is measured and always maintains a standard despite the fkwits she is arguing against.

It is frustrating watching the smart person treated like THEY are the dumb one. Anyway no offence to Cartwright (or myself for that matter) but i don't care so much about us or our feelings because i know we can deal with it. I really care about lurkers reading this forum. A standard needs to be maintained and unfortunately the guy currently moderating it isnt the craic, at all.
Don't want to seem rude but there is a thread that you can post re moderating, best post there.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/srp-posting-quality-notice-off-season-2018.1207164/

Further, there is no way in the world I would want to moderate SRP, it is a tough gig.

Don't want to seem rude but there is a thread that you can post re moderating, best post there.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/srp-posting-quality-notice-off-season-2018.1207164/

Further, there is no way in the world I would want to moderate SRP, it is a tough gig.

It isn't rude and i will drop it.

I am just exacerbated by the female issue threads on this board. They are the worst.

Thanks for the link i will direct my grievances there. Atleast you know your limits (saying it is a tough gig), done properly i am sure it would be.

Edit: that thread wont help LOL

Not at all..

FFS I am really trying to give you every 'out' to not get banned again, but you just keep going for the electrified muffin like Bart Simpson.

I am not the Devil. I have no idea why you think so. For the love of all things good and wholesome in the world, just drop it. Or at the very least, air your grievances where they belong rather than in threads, sniping at me for God knows what.

No more. Last warning.

FFS I am really trying to give you every 'out' to not get banned again, but you just keep going for the electrified muffin like Bart Simpson.

I am not the Devil. I have no idea why you think so. For the love of all things good and wholesome in the world, just drop it. Or at the very least, air your grievances where they belong rather than in threads, sniping at me for God knows what.

No more. Last warning.

I would imagine that this would be really difficult for you.

Where can i air my grievances about your "moderating "?
The thread maggie posted isn't it, surely.

I would imagine that this would be really difficult for you.

Where can i air my grievances about your "moderating "?
The thread maggie posted isn't it, surely.
No not that thread - you can use the help page to find the contact forms (https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/help/terms/) or you can PM Chief directly if you like.

I'm glad we won't be seeing any of this in any more threads. Thanks.

How can you bemoan the use of emotive language and then in the very same sentence suggest that a pregnant woman is reduced to nothing more than an incubator?

How can you bemoan the use of emotive language and then in the very same sentence suggest that a pregnant woman is reduced to nothing more than an incubator?
What else would you call a woman who is forced to carry a pregnancy? June Osborne?

What else would you call a woman who is forced to carry a pregnancy? June Osborne?

Such a weird backwards way of thinking about it. A woman is forced to carry a pregnancy because she can’t kill it the same way someone is forced to be poor because they can’t rob a bank.

Such a weird backwards way of thinking about it. A woman is forced to carry a pregnancy because she can’t kill it the same way someone is forced to be poor because they can’t rob a bank.
Ha, ha, couldn't have written it better. I see what you did there and even manged the word 'kill'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back