Society/Culture The Abortion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Who should be responsible then?

The person who was attacked?
Yeah because when someone starts a fight with me I immediately reach for a gun and shoot them in the stomach. A billion other solutions but when you live in 'merica you just shoot your way out of disagreements.

This question is not sarcastic or rhetorical - does anyone know what happens to an aborted fetus? I mean does it get disposed of like a piece of garbage or do they extract tissue for some other purpose?

A woman should have the right to decide up to a certain stage of development.

A woman and either a medical, psychological or social worker should make the decision together for more advanced and complex issues. Rape, mental health, abusive households, serious health issues with the baby etc. The experts should favour the mothers decision more often than not.

This question is not sarcastic or rhetorical - does anyone know what happens to an aborted fetus? I mean does it get disposed of like a piece of garbage or do they extract tissue for some other purpose?
I believe it is considered medical waste and treated accordingly but I could be wrong. I don't REALLY want to search up "medical waste" given the images that would probably be returned.

A woman should have the right to decide up to a certain stage of development.

A woman and either a medical, psychological or social worker should make the decision together for more advanced and complex issues. Rape, mental health, abusive households, serious health issues with the baby etc. The experts should favour the mothers decision more often than not.

That's inherently problematic. Some women will claim rape if they don't want to go through with the pregnancy and they feel like there's no other way out (consider that heaps of false rape claims on US college campuses are the result of women cheating on their boyfriends, then claiming it was rape so their boyfriend won't break up with them after he's found out). When you put protections in place, naturally some people will abuse those protections to get their own way.

That's inherently problematic. Some women will claim rape if they don't want to go through with the pregnancy and they feel like there's no other way out (consider that heaps of false rape claims on US college campuses are the result of women cheating on their boyfriends, then claiming it was rape so their boyfriend won't break up with them after he's found out). When you put protections in place, naturally some people will abuse those protections to get their own way.

Yuck. You're broken.

Agree

But I’d rather parents not creating a lifetime of disaster into the world if they are ready or suitable.

Perhaps those you refer to, sit into this category.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree

But I’d rather parents not creating a lifetime of disaster into the world if they are ready or suitable.

Perhaps those you refer to, sit into this category.

If you have a situation where women use rape claims as a means to get green-lighted for abortions (because the fetus is past a certain stage of development and there's no other way out for them), then you'd assume that her social worker/case manager/whatever person is in charge will want to know what happened/who raped her. I mean, I assume it's not going to be a case of the woman saying "I got raped", and the social worker saying "okay no worries, your abortion is approved". There's going to have to be more substance to it than that. And that's the point at which a can of worms will be opened. Is the woman in question going to make up a story about some random date-raping them? Is the social worker going to believe them? Will the woman point the finger at an ex? Will the social worker have to follow this up with the police?

Source

Google isn’t a source. It’s a search engine.

What body released the stats saying that “heaps of false rape claims on us campuses” are because women want to avoid fighting over cheating?
Found a source. Says out of all rape claims 2-10% are false. Most are by teenagers (or their parents) and are to avoid trouble from parents.

So nah. There’s not heaps of false claims.

Statistics put false claims at 2-10%
But the same stats say around 65% of actual sexual assault goes unreported

So again. Nah.

Google isn’t a source. It’s a search engine.

What body released the stats saying that “heaps of false rape claims on us campuses” are because women want to avoid fighting over cheating?

I don't know of any "body" who has released stats on it, and more importantly, I never claimed that.

I've been following cases of false rape accusations in the US for a few years now. A good number of them are motivated by women who had consensual sex outside of a relationship, then claimed rape as a means of damage control (so their partner wouldn't break up with them).

Your welcome to use Google and discover this by yourself.

I don't know of any "body" who has released stats on it, and more importantly, I never claimed that.

I've been following cases of false rape accusations in the US for a few years now. A good number of them are motivated by women who had consensual sex outside of a relationship, then claimed rape as a means of damage control (so their partner wouldn't break up with them).

Your welcome to use Google and discover this by yourself.
I just posted it. There has been studies done. And they don’t back up your assertions

How can you follow false accusations? From a British study, only around 15% of the false accusations led to an arrest. And none led to a charge. So that’s 15% of 2-10% were arrested and not charged. That’s a maximum of 1.5% of all rape accusations leading to a false arrest but no charge.

So you’re keeping track of 1.5% of rape accusations?

Found a source. Says out of all rape claims 2-10% are false. Most are by teenagers (or their parents) and are to avoid trouble from parents.

I guess you missed this part:

"Most false allegations were used to cover up other behaviour such as adultery or skipping school".

and this:

"That figure does not include any unsubstantiated accusations where an investigation was unable to prove a sexual assault occurred, so an accurate figure for the total remains unknown."

BAHAHAHA. You should probably read the stuff you post properly before you go shoving it in people's face to try and prove a point.

I guessed you missed this part:

"Most false allegations were used to cover up other behaviour such as adultery or skipping school".

and this:

"That figure does not include any unsubstantiated accusations where an investigation was unable to prove a sexual assault occurred, so an accurate figure for the total remains unknown."

BAHAHAHA. You should probably read the stuff you post properly before you go shoving it in people's face to try and prove a point.
[/QUOTE]
You mean the first quote where you left out the part where it says the majority of false claims are by high schoolers or their parents...

And you seem to not understand what the second quote even means. That doesn’t back up your argument. An investigation not finding enough evidence to prove sexual assault doesn’t make it a false claim. It’s literally one of the reasons rape is so under represented in crime stats. Because of how hard it is to prove, even if it did happen

Might be best to take your own advice.

So tell us more about how you’re worried about 0.3-1.5% of rapes being false accusations, and not say, the 65% of rapes that go unreported.

And all this is coming from someone who was falsely accused. The system worked fine.

You mean the first quote where you left out the part where it says the majority of false claims are by high schoolers or their parents...

And you seem to not understand what the second quote even means. That doesn’t back up your argument. An investigation not finding enough evidence to prove sexual assault doesn’t make it a false claim. It’s literally one of the reasons rape is so under represented in crime stats. Because of how hard it is to prove, even if it did happen

Might be best to take your own advice.

So tell us more about how you’re worried about 0.3-1.5% of rapes being false accusations, and not say, the 65% of rapes that go unreported.

And all this is coming from someone who was falsely accused. The system worked fine.

Are you actually this stupid or are you just pretending to be?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back