The absolute state of Channel 7 commentary

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been spoilt with Foxtel. Can't believe how bad normal TV is with all the ads. Sometimes it was an ad 30 secs apart then I also enjoyed the sneaky 2nd ad and then the pop-ups on screen.

Need someone to make an Platinum Membership - https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/account/upgrades ;) for TV.
So simple. At the moment I press -30sec button when the ad starts and press Live button when the 30secs finishes replaying. Just need to automate that somehow.

That’s because channel 7 are nothing but vampires who deal in the currency of other people’s emotional turmoil -just look at how their journalists camped out on Hirds doorstep shoving their cameras and mikes in the faces of his wife and 13yr old daughter after his suicide attempt, they think tragedy is more appealing to people than celebrating achievement and spreading positive energy rather than negative
I wouldn't limit that to Channel 7.

When you have enough people over to watch the game with, you actually don't even hear the commentary. Cannot comment on yesterday, but watching the highlights I will give Bruce credit for the last 10 seconds leading up to the siren. Some real iconic stuff there in all honesty.

Where was Huddo? Missed him. He just makes grandfinals that little bit better

He's just as bad as Bruce & BT. Yells way too much. Needs to learn to calm the **** down. What he is calling is usually nowhere near as exciting as his over the top yelling suggests. Why can't the play by play commentators just call the game in a normal, coherent tone without yelling and inserting their own contrived narratives and leave those things to the viewer/listener.

He's just as bad as Bruce & BT. Yells way too much. Needs to learn to calm the **** down. What he is calling is usually nowhere near as exciting as his over the top yelling suggests. Why can't the play by play commentators just call the game in a normal, coherent tone without yelling and inserting their own contrived narratives and leave those things to the viewer/listener.
Bruce McAvaney needs to retire, I have admired him from afar but having that bafoon BT next to him is simply not working.

I just hope he is not doing the Cricket as well.
Footballers don’t make good commentators...game style and quality of commentary is a big reason viewers have tuned out.
The numbers for 7 (cricket & football) will decline until they employ credible sports journalists.

Noticed it in the Prelim as well as the Grand Final, but getting bit frustrated at the commentators calling it a goal before the ball has even gotten close to the posts.

Just call the action, and not add in your opinions or assumptions. Leave that to the guys there to analyse the game.

Problem is that there's too many in the box.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do some players always have to get their full name announced (e.g. easton wood)
It would be related to the number of syllables of their surnames? Commentators in the AFL just love the sound of their own voice, so filling in as much airtime as possible is like an objective.

In no other sport the world over is there such emphasis on the crowd size by the commentary. BT mentions it 10 times a match.
This one I wouldn't put down to just commentators.

The AFL HQ are obsessed with it, and that filtered down to the media and commentators.

Noticed it in the Prelim as well as the Grand Final, but getting bit frustrated at the commentators calling it a goal before the ball has even gotten close to the posts.

Just call the action, and not add in your opinions or assumptions. Leave that to the guys there to analyse the game.

Get it wrong plenty of times too because they call it so early.

When you have enough people over to watch the game with, you actually don't even hear the commentary.
Agreed, had a full house for the GF and didn't notice any of Ch7's s**t.
That's exactly it. Too many folks wanting to add their 2c. Ch7 needs to stop taking their cues from NFL coverage, a game that has minute long pauses in between 10 seconds of action, and start looking at coverage of non-stop action sports like the AFL.

Get it wrong plenty of times too because they call it so early.
The worst is Basil.

Sometimes it's obvious that it's going to be a behind but Basil calls it as if it might come back for a goal. I guess it's to add some excitement to the kick but in the end, it's just really annoying. It doesn't help that he's 3 seconds behind the play and the ball is already 10 rows back.

can someone tell me why a professional journo like Sam Lane is out of favour for Daisy Pearce?
If your definition of a good journalist is to whip up righteous indignation over a chook you might have a point but in reality she's a talentless hack who only has a job because of who her father is.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back