Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie22

Debutant
May 30, 2004
Other Teams
Carlton
I just don't understand why would Carlton pick up Ackland, why not pick up a young ruckmen in the draft he is not a proven ruckmen yet. WELL i hope he proves me wrong, but i have my doubts.

Louie22 said:
I just don't understand why would Carlton pick up Ackland, why not pick up a young ruckmen in the draft he is not a proven ruckmen yet. WELL i hope he proves me wrong, but i have my doubts.
i think you will find we will pick up a young ruckman in the draft.

I don't understand why picking up Ackland would affect our ND options. No ruck from the ND was going to fill this role for a few years. Picking up Ackland has no bearing on the ND and whether we pick up Gibbs or not.

SA Blue said:
I don't understand why picking up Ackland would affect our ND options. No ruck from the ND was going to fill this role for a few years. Picking up Ackland has no bearing on the ND and whether we pick up Gibbs or not.

Some seem to be ruling out Leunberger for the number one pick based on Ackland coming to the CFC which indicates a lack of logic from those posters. :confused:

Good decision, but a 3 year deal is a bit over the top.

Happy he is coming to Carlton. He isn't great, but before OP he was showing good signs, and hopefully he can replicate this.

I don't think we will be taking Leuenberger now, and we will pick Gibbs. However, we will still pick a ruckman in the ND. Whether that be Renouf, Tippett, Hampson, Jacobs, Currie or someone else remains open to discussion.

Jeremias said:
Good decision, but a 3 year deal is a bit over the top.

Happy he is coming to Carlton. He isn't great, but before OP he was showing good signs, and hopefully he can replicate this.

I don't think we will be taking Leuenberger now, and we will pick Gibbs. However, we will still pick a ruckman in the ND. Whether that be Renouf, Tippett, Hampson, Jacobs, Currie or someone else remains open to discussion.
.....that's the burning question.

there is a difference between ruling out and firming. if you were to claim that this decision might mean that gibbs slightly firms then it wouldn't be an outlandish statement.

marcmurphy3 said:
I'm not ruling him out but you have to admitt that the odds of us taking him have definately dropped.

I wouldn't think so. Ackland is a short term option for Carlton, IMO. I know it's a 3 yr deal, but he is more of a short term prospect for the Blues. If we draft Luenbeurger, he is going to be a long term prospect for this great club.

Say we do take Luenbeurger with the first pick. Ackland is still going to be the no.1 Ruckman, whilst Luenbeurger develops.

I still think we'll take Gibbs with our no.1 pick, though.

Effes said:
Some seem to be ruling out Leunberger for the number one pick based on Ackland coming to the CFC which indicates a lack of logic from those posters. :confused:
There is logic, cause Carltons youth policy states 5 yrs 100 games blah blah.. and for the club to acknowledge that ackland would be at the club for 5 yrs would rule out short term fix which proboly means long term. And just like WCE having a choice over fev and murph and choosing murph. Take what you need and we need midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HugeBluesFan said:
OMG, i'm agreeing with you Effes. Amazing!!

Don't rule Leuey out guys.

Not drafting Gibbs would be a massive mistake and just won't happen. Not only is he the best in this draft, but he is a once every 10-years type player. An extreme talent. That's why the Crows have been trying to secure him for several years now. :)

we'll pick gibbs then let him go once we get the very best out of him and adelaide can have him when hes only got 1 or 2 years left in him :thumbsu:

parrot said:
Not drafting Gibbs would be a massive mistake and just won't happen. Not only is he the best in this draft, but he is a once every 10-years type player. An extreme talent. That's why the Crows have been trying to secure him for several years now. :)
No offence but I'm beginning to detest this cliche.

I hope we pick Gibbs but I can't see Ackland having too much impact on whether we take Luenberger. It's not like Luenberger was going to step right up and be first ruck in 2007. Ackland was probably signed to take care of the ruck for the short term while in Luenberger we have a potential star for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back