Star Wars The Acolyte

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
1707614526872.png

---

Thanks to an exclusive from Collider, it's been reported that The Acolyte is set for a Summer release window in 2024.

---

Set 100 years before the events of The Phantom Menace, the series will be the first live-action show set during the age known as the High Republic Era. To that end, it's long been one of the most anticipated shows set in the galaxy far, far away.

---

The Acolyte will follow a former Jedi Padawan and her old master as they uncover a growing darkness rising in the shadows, decades before the events of the Skywalker saga.

---

Led by Amandla Stenberg, the cast also includes Squid Games's Lee Jung-jae, Star Wars staple Joonas Suotamo as a new Wookiee Jedi, Jodie Turner-Smith, Manny Jacinto, Charlie Barnett, Dean Charles Chapman, Carrie Anne-Moss, and Rebecca Henderson.

---
The Acolyte will reveal the true story of the Sith.

This new period set during the final days of the High Republic should prove to be incredibly exciting. A new era that was once an age of peace and prosperity for both the Republic and Jedi Order, The Dark Lords of the Sith have been notably absent from Star Wars' High Republic novels and comics that have been released since 2021. Believed to have all been wiped out, it's been reported that The Acolyte will show that the Sith have survived, persisting and plotting in the darkest corners of the galaxy ahead of Darth Sidious' rise to power as seen in the prequels.

While there will be a strong number of Jedi characters in The Acolyte, it's been confirmed that the series will offer a unique perspective from the Sith Lords themselves, a rare first for the Star Wars franchise. As such, the new Star Wars show should prove to be darkly entertaining while breaking new ground when The Acolyte begins streaming this summer on Disney+.

605938.gif

I’m in.

Trailer looks decent, although they can't help themselves echoing OT dialogue, can they?
Lucas has always said that it's like a poem, with a lot of repeating motifs.
It also makes sense that Jedi Masters/trainers would all repeat the same tired old training techniques. The Jedi order is also a bit cultish, so repetition for indoctrination.

Lucas has always said that it's like a poem, with a lot of repeating motifs.
It also makes sense that Jedi Masters/trainers would all repeat the same tired old training techniques. The Jedi order is also a bit cultish, so repetition for indoctrination.

Yeah that's nice copium.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you going to upset if somebody says "I've got a bad feeling about this"?

I'll roll my eyes, yes.

This line is much more specific though and not as 'useable'. You're right it's at least another Jedi instructor, but next thing we'll have someone else saying 'Do or do not, there is no try' or 'From a certain point of view' or other iconic lines.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back