Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was dished up to him in Perth was primarily after the Schofield incident. He was barely booed before.

I mean...Jesus. If you're going to boo a guy for that, you're just looking for any excuse, as far as I'm concerned. What a nothing incident.

Geelong supporters booed Richards after he was reported for his hit on Hawkins the next time we touched the ball, then ignored him after that. Allen Christensen's return the week before barely registered.

no

I am suggesting he handled it very poorly. On the day and the heat of the moment, his actions were fine.

but once he discovered it was a minor a public statement of "I have discovered the young girl is a minor and as such we will address the issue respectfully behind close doors".

SO no, addressing it was not a bad thing................HOW he addressed it was a bad thing.

The horse had bolted. The media had already decided to publicly shame her.

AFL at start of season: showing loud adelaide oval crowd and saying this is how we want footy to be

AFL after round 18: showing silent crowd with adam goodes playing and saying this is how we want footyto be

AFL at start of season: showing loud adelaide oval crowd and saying this is how we want footy to be

AFL after round 18: showing silent crowd with adam goodes playing and saying this is how we want footyto be

It was the loudest Kardinia Park crowd from the beginning to end of the game that I can remember witnessing in person. But, hey, don't let the facts get in the way...

no

I am suggesting he handled it very poorly. On the day and the heat of the moment, his actions were fine.

but once he discovered it was a minor a public statement of "I have discovered the young girl is a minor and as such we will address the issue respectfully behind close doors".

SO no, addressing it was not a bad thing................HOW he addressed it was a bad thing.

So you agree with mc dollop that the media was responsible for events after goodes. This puts your thoughts on this matter in context - as anti goodes rhetoric

I mean...Jesus. If you're going to boo a guy for that, you're just looking for any excuse, as far as I'm concerned. What a nothing incident.

Geelong supporters booed Richards after he was reported for his hit on Hawkins the next time we touched the ball, then ignored him after that. Allen Christensen's return the week before barely registered.

We boo everyone every week.

The poll proves that while some are "saying the right things" in here, siding with "reason" as they put it, they are voting for all the reasons why they originally led to booing him, that he's a tool to a lot of Australians.

Seeing vision of Goodes on the SNF pre-game it made it look he got no booing when he kicked that goal. Turns out in the true vision he got some really late and quick bronx booing as he kicked. But they selected the angle which showed the most tepid area of the crowd with no one standing up. And the audio was from after the goal during replay vision.

I hope it made Andrew Pridham upset hearing live that he didn't 100% eradicate booing with his moronic statements. "I've got news for you Andrew, you attempt to shame the booing of just one player, and you are a delusional emotional dickhead. Australia says f you"
Haha I was at the game-very little booing.
Big cheer when Kolo ran him down. That was about it.
Very vocal and energetic crowd though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bet I wasn't the only one who jumped up in delight when I thought Goodes screwed his leg, only to be devestated when he got straight back up. All of us in the pub did it then pissed ourselves laughing afterwards!!!

So did he get booed last night?

I was pretty confused actually because you lot booed from the start of the game to the end of the game - it was relentless. For some reason I thought it was just a goodes thing

LOL. You mean big words like ... disadvantage and developing o_O

If you can't figure out the point from a straightforward post like that, or have nothing of merit to add in response, please just don't bother replying.
You didn't make a point mate. Had you written something about your experience of Malaysia's New Economic Policy or similar your post might have been vaguely relevant and interesting.

I bet I wasn't the only one who jumped up in delight when I thought Goodes screwed his leg, only to be devestated when he got straight back up. All of us in the pub did it then pissed ourselves laughing afterwards!!!
Actually, I'd strongly suggests you were one of the few.

Cheering when a player appears to be injured. All class mate.

Do tell us which pub this was so we can all avoid it and its gracious patrons.

Cheering, booing, all banned now?
If any player that slides in knees/legs first into a contest is usually trying to cause injury, so why not cheer the ****** if he gets injured?

Varsity Bar in Leederville, WA. No doubt you'll send them a very serious letter voicing your dissapproval, something tells me you seem the type.

Proof you didn't read what you quoted.

To make it simple for you, I wanted a source for "Your not being able to comprehend the plethora of "logical" reasons Goodes may be booed already put forward, apart from your first, incorrect, choice of "racism' is your problem."

Show where I have stated that?

As for your bit about the interview. You made this part up
Goodes clearly fabricated the story of the dance being for the under 19's benefit.

And you made this part up
Even he knew he had made a bad decision, as evidenced by his quickly fashioned story about the dance being nothing to do with the booing...

He explained the dance in the interview. That you don't believe him is your problem.
I don't really give a rats arse how you want to interpret it.
It's obvious to anyone over 10 years old.
I stand by everything I posted.
He over-reacted, He knew it, He stepped back from it after the event and He made an excuse when asked about it...simple.
I don't care one iota if you believe it or not.
I don't value your opinion on the matter in the slightest as you are obviously biased.

Here is my post-post-post-Goodes-booing-event. I'm interested at how the moderator would response. I'm thinking about the event for a while and would like to speak out what I think. From my background and culture, I'm really far away from any kind of racist. I'm kind of watching the whole thing as a outsider.

I'm a Geelong fan, started from 2007 when I migrated to Australia. I love footy and watch games as many as I can, on TV, sometime to SCG or ANZ, but not often, since Geelong doesn't often come to SYD. Swans is also my favourite team. Goodes is one of my favourite players in Swan team like Parker, Jetta, Kennedy, etc.

I saw the game in which Goodes played warrior dancing. The first instinct from me is that gesture was kind of provocative. I couldn't say it was aggressive. For me, the dancing was less particular celebration, more like kind of demonstration to one certain group. The most tricky part for that dancing was that Goodie was (coincidence or not, only Goodes knows) towards the opponent fans. Immediately, I thought it was a not suitable action, no matter it was an aboriginal dancing or not. Maybe Goodes saw or heard something on the field before that, again, only Goodes knows it. But as one super star, it would be a much better gesture if he would say something kind to fans if those fans didn't offend him at all.

Later on after that game, I was surprised that Goodes more and more brought racism in and link it to the booing of the fans(I really don't know since I'm not in the culture and actually can't always read symbols). In the whole thing, my feeling is that it is Goodes who put himself into this situation. As I said, I'm still reading the culture, could judge the thing totally wrong. If so, please moderators remove my post.

Some fans might be too sensitive, or might Goodes? When Goodes linked the racism in, it looks nobody in AFL dared to say another opinion since that word is too sensitive and could bring a lot of damages for the whole league. When Goodes returned to the match and when I saw the title from the newspaper : "Goodes feels loved", my feeling is that "Goodes feels spoiled" could be more accurate for me.

Last edited:
Cheering, booing, all banned now?
If any player that slides in knees/legs first into a contest is usually trying to cause injury, so why not cheer the ****** if he gets injured?
Sorry, where did I say anything was "banned"?

Yet another straw man from the Free Speech for Non-Racist Booers PC mob?

Nah, I was only talking about what decent human beings automatically do in situations. Obviously had made a few assumptions about that.

OK, if that's what Adam Goodes gets for his momentous crimes, that gives me a bearing on your moral calibration.

In which case -

As you would know, Dane Swan bashed a man, leaving him with permanent brain damage.

If it's OK to cheer if Adam Goodes appears injured, what's acceptable if Swan gets hurt? Does the whole nation get the day off work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back