Banter The Adelaide Board Politics/COVID Thread Part 2 (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow till I die

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Imagine if it was Biden's Plan a plan made directly with the Taliban without US military and Afghanistan involvement.
Yea blame Biden for being the top man at the time of the withdrawal but you cannot blame him for the withdrawal Plan
All he did was extend the deadline for all US troops to leave Afghanistan, And yes he could have done it better, and yes the US military leadership could have done better, But the die was cast and there was not a lot of room for manoeuvring.
The withdrawal was negotiated by Trump without the involvement of the US military or the Afghanistan government. Trump directly dealt with the Taliban
Think about that for a minute.

And I did not get my information from the Media or Social Media.
But there is plenty of information out there from trusted media resources that explain what did happen. Just don't trust anything from the US media and Social media on this subject.
Any chance trump might have cleared out the base of equipment and got the civilians out first then the military last..rather that whip the military out and leave the civilians to fend for themselves and a fully fitted out base complete with an entire arsenal of weaponry for the taliban?. I mean trump himself and his top brass all said the troops would have been the last ones to leave under his watch...makes sense. Maybe chalk this one down to total ineptness by biden and his team

Cap

Hall of Famer
Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Lol..its like you wander into a discussion and are just bewildered...maybe just let the adults speak next time
I mean you can't even use the word bewildered in its proper context.

I'd be surprised if you could even find the adult table let alone use the knife and fork, I assume your food is pre chewed to avoid choking.

1970crow

TheBrownDog
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I guess if there are underlying problems - addictions, stress, mental health issues, family problems - adding all that money can actually exacerbate the issues. Easy access to large amounts of drugs, increases familial tensions, no productive outlet through working.

Pretty sad really.

Had Amy Winehouse not been so talented would she still be cutting hair and dropping a couple pingers on a Friday and Saturday night? Fair chance I reckon.

1970crow

TheBrownDog
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Greens...obviously their candidate selection needs an overhaul when characters like Lidia Thorpe can represent them in Parliament. 🤮

Leaked email reveals Greens staffer ‘scared and in shock’ after Lidia Thorpe’s ‘truly awful’ outburst​

unsurprising.

1970crow

TheBrownDog
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Cannot agree re Jacinta Price but of course that was the purpose of you quoting me.

Jacinta has lived the experience up close and central all her life in the NT unlike the other city dwelling screaming banshee who has likely never been within 100km of an actual aboriginal settlement.

You can't explain anything about remote aboriginal people to a canberran public servant, the department is located there, they know everything there is to know.

1970crow

TheBrownDog
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Any chance trump might have cleared out the base of equipment and got the civilians out first then the military last..rather that whip the military out and leave the civilians to fend for themselves and a fully fitted out base complete with an entire arsenal of weaponry for the taliban?. I mean trump himself and his top brass all said the troops would have been the last ones to leave under his watch...makes sense. Maybe chalk this one down to total ineptness by biden and his team

surely Biden himself isn't micromabaging a military withdrawal though. But I guess someone must have had to override what seemed pretty obvious common sense.

Crow till I die

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I mean you can't even use the word bewildered in its proper context.

I'd be surprised if you could even find the adult table let alone use the knife and fork, I assume your food is pre chewed to avoid choking.
Now now, remember don't speak as the adults are talking.

Admittedly on refelection you did use a word in its correct context for once in your last post..guess. you have no idea what you are discussing and stumble into conversations beyond your extremely limited ability and, well, just guess your way through it. It must suck to be you

Slippery Pete

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Now now, remember don't speak as the adults are talking.

Admittedly on refelection you did use a word in its correct context for once in your last post..guess. you have no idea what you are discussing and stumble into conversations beyond your extremely limited ability and, well, just guess your way through it. It must suck to be you

He doesn’t like me quoting so from now on I’m going to try really hard not to quote him.

Really hard.

1664316114462.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OneGreatClub

TheBrownDog
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Roger Stone lifelong self proclaimed ‘dirty trickster’ and criminal could really be in the poo this time.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool

You think the situation he finds himself in isn't newsworthy or worth discussing? It's without precedent.

Notwithstanding, I think this current controversy will be curtains for his political career, and not because his zombie cultist followers have lost faith, but because the Republican party see him as a liability and are hitching their wagons to DeSantis now. As that trend continues, Trump will return to being a very loud but ultimately irrelevant private citizen again.

Slippery Pete

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
You think the situation he finds himself in isn't newsworthy or worth discussing? It's without precedent.

Notwithstanding, I think this current controversy will be curtains for his political career, and not because his zombie cultist followers have lost faith, but because the Republican party see him as a liability and are hitching their wagons to DeSantis now. As that trend continues, Trump will return to being a very loud but ultimately irrelevant private citizen again.

I think the primaries will be really interesting. They kick off in about a year I think?

I can’t quite figure out if Trump going head to head with DeSantis is a good or bad thing for the party.

Cap

Hall of Famer
Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
This is going to be an interesting one. I haven't done enough reading to really understand the proposal

The first ad campaign to encourage a yes vote in a referendum on an Indigenous voice to parliament is an emotive pitch targeted at everyday Australians from different walks of life.

But it's a reasonably big local issue I would have thought

Cap

Hall of Famer
Jul 27, 2004
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

Coopers

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Thirteen troops needlessly lost their lives as a result of that botched exit.

Imagine if that happened on Trump’s watch.

Imagine if Russia/Ukraine happened on Trump’s watch.

You and the other dipshits would be in here every single day talking about it, that I can guarantee you.
Well, as an expert on statistics of exiting afghanistan, I have concluded that the correct number of troops to be lost in such an exit should have been lower.

From what I can see, from 2001 to 2021, casualties were 46,319 civilians, 69,095 military and police and 52,893 opposition fighters, 3,904 US military contractors, 2,298 US military, 1,145 other allied soldiers.

That breaks down to roughly US 9.5 soldiers per month, and various other unimportant people. Assuming this trend continued during the exit period, and noting that mercury was in retrograde, I agree that a more appropriate target would have been 4.72.

Sucks for the guy that was the 0.72, especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad