Banter The Adelaide Board Politics/COVID Thread Part 2 (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car makers reluctant to reveal price of EV replacement batteries​

Car makers are offering long warranties for electric vehicle batteries but they are less than forthcoming about the replacement cost.

ar makers are baulking at revealing the cost of replacement batteries for electric vehicles, with good reason.
Lexus has revealed that a replacement for the battery in its UX electric SUV is $43,476 plus GST. That’s more than half the price of the car, which retails for about $82,500.

An engine replacement costs about $12,000 for the popular Ford Ranger ute or roughly $6000 for a small hatchback such as a Hyundai i30.

News Corp asked ten manufacturers to reveal the cost of their replacement batteries and Lexus and Nissan were the only two to reveal any prices.

Tesla, Mazda, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, Kia, MG and Mitsubishi did not provide any numbers.

Car makers argue the replacement cost is a moot point because most of the cars on sale have eight-year warranties and battery prices are expected to fall dramatically in the intervening period.

Lexus has a ten-year/unlimited kilometre warranty for its batteries, provided the customer “adheres to servicing requirements outlined in the owner’s handbook”.

If battery capacity dips below 70 per cent within 10 years or 160,000km, the brand will replace it.

The average age of a car in Australia is roughly 10 years, so most long-term owners – or second hand EV buyers – will face a period where the battery is no longer under warranty.

Nissan, which has been selling the Leaf EV in Australia since 2012, says the “overwhelming majority” of Leafs are still using their original battery pack.

For those whose battery is no longer under warranty, the brand has a replacement program that costs $9990 plus labour.

The original Leaf had a battery “state of health” warranty period of five years, while the new model, launched in 2019, has an eight-year, 160,000km warranty.

So what was the engine replacement for a Lexus?

Weird they didn't compare apples with apples.

I like the way reporting "incidents hostile to homosexuals, migrants, Muslims, blacks, and Roma" is framed as "reporting political incorrectness".

Yeah. the Greens fighting the good fight in support of political correctness.

"Don't believe in open borders" - *hate speech

"Don't believe in 101 genders" - *hate speech

"Climate change isn't killing the GBR - *hate speech.

*Covid originated in a Chinese lab" - *hate speech

*The Left calls to defund the police is racism" - *hate speech

etc etc etc. Do you get my drift dopey?

Yeah. the Greens fighting the good fight in support of political correctness.

"Don't believe in open borders" - *hate speech

"Don't believe in 101 genders" - *hate speech

"Climate change isn't killing the GBR - *hate speech.

*Covid originated in a Chinese lab" - *hate speech

*The Left calls to defund the police is racism" - *hate speech

etc etc etc. Do you get my drift dopey?
We get your drift.

You are a dumb bigot.

The Centralist with zero self awareness. Jog on little doggie.
No, it's one of the most overused terms used by people who are clueless... to pretend they have a semblance of intellect. ;)

Last edited:
No, it's one of the most overused terms used by people who are clueless... to pretend they have a semblance of interlect. ;)
I swear, the chances of having 2 people that are borderline intellectually disabled has to be low.

Someone clearly forgot to log out of their alias.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, the irony! ;)
You got me.

But doesn't change the message that those who always go on about the science like it's a given with a pandemic where the science is constantly changing as we learn more about it.

Simplistic thinking for simpletons.

So Liz Truss has reversed her call on the tax cuts

Do we think Labor will?
Was a captain's call (despite throwing her chancellor under the bus), without discussing a major policy at cabinet level.
... she isn't going to last long as leader

Yeah that excuse was poor.

But to be fair, it got Scomo through 4 years.
She's a worse con-person than ScoMo... so I doubt she will last a year.

Already more unpopular than Boris & she is still fresh in the job.

C’mon. That’s a really disingenuous comparison.

I’m not sure why, outside of say a surgical setting, there is still a requirement to wear one for face-to-face GP contact, or sitting in a waiting room.

Which part of that above statement do you disagree with, and why?

”Health nerd” is so propagandized he doesn’t realize he’s ratifying the flawed mask logic.

If mask-wearing really is akin to washing your hands after the toilet, then the current rules say “It’s okay not to wash your hands after taking a sh*t everywhere except the doctor’s office.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back