Banter The Adelaide Board Politics/COVID Thread Part 2 (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole "what about illegal guns" is a fake, confected argument anyway.

Almost all of these mass shootings, including the school shootings, were done with legally obtained weapons. They simply wouldn't have happened if, like Australia, it was virtually impossible to obtain these firearms legally.

Its demand and supply. Black market guns are cheap in the USA because of how readily available guns are. If you remove legal firearms from the average joe, black market firearms will skyrocket. Meaning, your depressed, angry or mentally ill will not even get close to accessing such weapons because organised crime will corner the market.

If it became Vietnam her citizenship is Vietnamese. Its not hard. Or are you saying that everyone born in the North or South are not a citizen. Pretty straight forward to me. Totally an indefensible mistake considering the media focus on the issue for years.

I bet it’s not anywhere near that simple. But good for you for seeing an amazingly simple outcome. It’s a special attribute.

A few things here. Some of the worst gun crime is being committed in Illinois yet it has some of the toughest gun laws in the country. I am all for taking guns off the streets, but how are you going to take guns out of the hands of criminals and those who seek to do mass killing events?. What will end up happening is that law abiding citizens will lose their guns but they are not the problem. That will be a very hard problem to solve.

Then you have the democrats who are high on talking points about gun control, yet allow vast quantities of lethal drugs to flow freely across the border with their open borders policy and crippling of ICE agents and border security. Then you have the blue state no bail laws that allow violent offenders back on the streets in quick time. Then you had the defund the police movement and the list goes on.

Point is that sure the republicans are holding out on allowing meaningful gun control, but the other side is just as guilty in knee capping law enforcement to prevent crime as well.

It would have been nice for once for the president to have tried to bring the country together in his speech today, yet the slain children's bodies were still warm and there he was trying to score partisan political points. There is a time and place for all that, but how about some respect for the families who have just lost young children..deary me

Seriously, 27 school shootings this year. The prayers and thoughts etc about families is totally inappropriate now. It means nothing and is totally hollow. Action is urgently required.

Did you notice the new gun laws in Texas recently amended? Age was reduced from 21 to 18.

This isn’t a party political issue, both sides, Democrats and Republicans both need to deal with it.

PS : And don’t even bother with the Second Amendment crap.

The whole "what about illegal guns" is a fake, confected argument anyway.

Almost all of these mass shootings, including the school shootings, were done with legally obtained weapons. They simply wouldn't have happened if, like Australia, it was virtually impossible to obtain these firearms legally.

Vader has me on ignore, but his post reminds me of this awesome bit by Jim Jeffries. The piece about the price of black market pricing is gold.

Edit - turns out the piece is in the second episode. Awesome stuff from Jim.

Last edited:
Seriously, 27 school shootings this year. The prayers and thoughts etc about families is totally inappropriate now. It means nothing and is hollow. Action is urgently required.

Did you notice the new gun laws in Texas recently amended? Age was reduced from 21 to 18.

This isn’t a party political issue, both sides, Democrats and Republicans both need to deal with it.

Exactly. Thoughts and Prayers was always a meaningless statement coined by politicians and media identities to make it look like they a actually care. Its possible the most worthless statement ever. It does nothing to make anyone feel better.

Vader has me on ignore, but his post reminds me of this awesome bit by Jim Jeffries.

Like or hate Jim but that bit is one of the most well written and spoken truths on the 2nd amendment you will ever see. I have shown heaps of american friends this and they couldn't agree more. Those in favour of the 2nd amendments arguments are literally the stupidest ever.

So she was born overseas. She should have at the very least checked with the vietnamese consulate yes?

Here’s a question, if Australia was conquered by a foreign state and claimed all Australian citizens as their own, would you be a citizen of that State? To what extent would you be required to agree to abide by the obligations imposed by that new regime? So assuming you never did abide, to what extent were you a citizen of that regime?

Here’s a question, if Australia was conquered by a foreign state and claimed all Australian citizens as their own, would you be a citizen of that State? To what extent would you be required to agree to abide by the obligations imposed by that new regime? So assuming you never did abide, to what extent were you a citizen of that regime?

From the moment they said so. You know how that works right? I don't even know why you are arguing. she stuffed up.

Like or hate Jim but that bit is one of the most well written and spoken truths on the 2nd amendment you will ever see. I have shown heaps of american friends this and they couldn't agree more. Those in favour of the 2nd amendments arguments are literally the stupidest ever.

Great post, Doctor B , couldn’t bring yourself to like the post that brought the JJ but into the convo?

From the moment they said so. You know how that works right? I don't even know why you are arguing. she stuffed up.
She stuffed up, by not even bothering to do the most basic of checks.

However, if becoming an Australian citizen automatically cancelled her Vietnamese citizenship, then she may have gotten away with it - in spite of her best efforts to be Section 44ed out of parliament.

The Illinois gun crime record is out of context. They are surrounded by pro gun states and its not exactly hard to transport mass amount of black market guns over a border.

One thing you are forgetting is demand and supply. When guns become hard to get, black market prices will skyrocket. Meaning your average gun won't be affordable for the average joe and eventually like in australia, illegal guns become the domain of organised crime.

As for gun crime. The gun defence to being robbed by a gun is as dumb an argument as you can get. Whens the last time anyone with a gun other than a cop stopped a bad guy? Provoking a guy with a gun by pulling out a gun is the single dumbest move you can do.

The whole argument to removing the 2nd amendment is to make it very hard for the average joe to access guns. If you don't have money, like angry, depressed mentally ill people, will no longer have the ability to afford a gun or even pass the tests to obtain one legally. The only reason the 2nd amendment hasn't been erased is because the NRA played the game brilliantly by basically paying for republican election campaigns as well as paying for judges election campaigns. Statistically, less than 30% of americans (law abiding) own a gun. So what makes no sense, is the republican stance. They are allowing people to be killed for their own election campaigns.

Almost 40% of gun mortality in Illinois are suicide. Reduce the guns will reduce the suicide rates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apologies for not liking your JJ post.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings.

I'm big on inclusiveness. Next time I like a post I'll be sure to check the original has also been acknowledged.

You could go back and like it. That’ll display your inclusiveness. Don’t love it though, that may imply a degree of mocking.

Seriously, 27 school shootings this year. The prayers and thoughts etc about families is totally inappropriate now. It means nothing and is totally hollow. Action is urgently required.

PS : And don’t even bother with the Second Amendment crap.
No i agree with needing to get bipartisan gun control. But its a bit rich when the other side have permitted vast supplies of deadly drugs to flood across the border, actively pushed to defund law enforcement and passed laws to let violent criminals back on the street. ALL sides need to pull their heads in and try and come up with sensible answers

Its demand and supply. Black market guns are cheap in the USA because of how readily available guns are. If you remove legal firearms from the average joe, black market firearms will skyrocket. Meaning, your depressed, angry or mentally ill will not even get close to accessing such weapons because organised crime will corner the market.
You might want to close up the southern border as that is one vast trafficking zone for all sorts of illegal contraband and lots else besides

Every American politician that has ever taken NRA money or voted against any type of gun reform should be forced to fly down to Texas and see first hand the damage that an assault rifle can inflict on a small child.
Then explain to grieving parents why gun law reform is unnecessary.

Asking parents to DNA swab for ID purposes because the massacre rendered the kids unrecognizable is absolutely horrific.

I completely agree with a tweet I read today that said something like.

Forced birth in a country that refuses to protect children from being murdered at school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back