Banter The Adelaide Board Politics/COVID Thread Part 2 (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So which medical experts do you choose to ignore then? And are you sure you’re listening to the right ones?
Those without a strong religious element are pretty much on the same page in Australia... which is reflected in similar laws in our jurisdictions.

It was a free vote in parliament in 2021. Wasn't an election issue really. Not that I recall.
2020, It was enacted on Jan 1st 2021. Up to 23 weeks pregnant South Australian residents can have an early medication or surgical abortion.
prior to that in 1969 it was legalised for abortions when necessary to protect the life or physical or mental health of the woman

So you have no clue what insurrection actually means. Here you go

Definition of insurrection

: an act or instance of revolting against civil authority or an established government

And the angry mob not getting their way stormed the Arizona capital building whilst in senate session
Mate, never ever use a dictionary to define the meaning of Insurrection, Rebellion, Coup, Sedition or the like, when talking about US,
Their legal system has there own definitions, and they differ greatly depending on whether it's a state or fed issue, Which Branch of the legal system, and what organisation.

As a matter of fact, even in the UK and Australia, it can have a different meanings.

Kane, a couple of things. Abortion has not become illegal, its back to the state legislatures where the people get to elect those who represent them. So they can vote in people that will enact their will...its democracy.

And your sentence 'but a woman can be raped can't have anabortion' missed something.

'A woman can be raped but because of democrats defunding the police, they wont investigate rapes due to lack of manpower'

Seattle police’s sexual assault and child abuse unit staff has been so depleted that it stopped assigning to detectives this year new cases with adult victims, according to an internal memo sent to interim police Chief Adrian Diaz in April.

The unit’s sergeant put her staffing crisis in stark terms.

“The community expects our agency to respond to reports of sexual violence,” Sgt. Pamela St. John wrote, “and at current staffing levels that objective is unattainable.”
Defunding the police will go down in history as the single dumbest thing politicians have ever done for votes. Lets face it, they didnt do it to save lives they did it to win the black community votes. It was pathetic and those politicians are now finding themselves out of a job. De Blasio became the most hated man in NYC on the back of that as crime rates soured. Not only did he get it so embarrassingly wrong, he is single handedly responsible for getting people killed.

To be fair, I dont think its just the left. Plenty of women in general on both sides of the political divide would be very upset at the supreme court decision. Not sure you can blame it on the left.
No issue with non violent protests, but we all know where this will end...every chance of looting, rioting and burning. Its hard left wing diplomacy 101 when they dont get their way

No issue with non violent protests, but we all know where this will end...every chance of looting, rioting and burning. Its hard left wing diplomacy 101 when they dont get their way

The looting, rioting and burning is a symptom of the woke and cancel culture. Labelling them leftist isnt necessarily true. I dont see the point. Courts are like umpires. As corrupt as they are in this decision, its not going to be reversed over night.

To be fair, whether you agree with the decision or not and slippery pete I am including you in this. I think if you think about how far womens rights has come, it would be upsetting as hell for them to feel like its been stripped away. Laugh all you want, but before you black and white this down to the left, think more about how youd feel in a marginalised group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think if you think about how far womens rights has come, it would be upsetting as hell for them to feel like its been stripped away. Laugh all you want, but before you black and white this down to the left, think more about how youd feel in a marginalised group.

I know four nurses who have not been able to work for nearly a year in the job they love, because they refused a Covid vaccine. One, the mother of one of my mates, is an aged care nurse with over 25 years experience. Out on her arse after 25 years.. just like that.

No idea what stance any of these women hold on abortion, but I can tell you for a fact how marginalized every single one of them feels.

I know four nurses who have not been able to work for nearly a year in the job they love, because they refused a Covid vaccine. One, the mother of one of my mates, is an aged care nurse with over 25 years experience. Out on her arse after 25 years.. just like that.

No idea what stance any of these women hold on abortion, but I can tell you for a fact how marginalized every single of them feels.

Then can I ask, why do you laugh when I talk about womens right on this issue. All women want is not to be told what to do with their bodies.

Then can I ask, why do you laugh when I talk about womens right on this issue. All women want is not to be told what to do with their bodies.

I don‘t agree that stopping someone from killing a baby is telling them what to do with their body.

Did you see my post with Biden’s comments from 2006?

This is five minutes ago, historically speaking. And almost all ”leftists” in public life had that view then.

But they’ve all sold themselves down the river at the altar of this twisted, dysfunctional far-left psycho ideology.

The Overton window has shifted so far to the left it’s almost gravity-defying. But it’s the RWNJs who are the problem, of course. Even though those “RWNJs” mostly just echo Biden’s viewpoint from five minutes ago.

But this is my question to you and the others on here: if life of the mother, rape and incest abortions were allowed, would you be happy for all the rest to be banned?

You seriously have no idea how their courts work. You sound like a kid that didn't get a toy that you thought father christmas was going to bring and are throwing the rest of the toys out the pram. Get a grip and understand the system they are governed under

nearly 9pm, old Kane's 2-3 bottles in, so isn't really capable of rational thought himself. That the right to bear weapons is a specific right granted in the constitution is totally lost on him. Obviously there's an argument to be had on how that's interpreted or whether they need it changed, but fact is that it's there. The Roe v Wade was a fair overeach because governments control what American bodies are doing in many ways.

So what are we arguing?

What actually happened. Many ignorant people are bitching that the SC has banned abortions and was wrong to overturn that decision. You can argue the SC was right at law whilst still being pro-choice, they are not mutually exclusive positions. And I think they're wrong with their ruling on the right to carry matter BTW. That is not how I reckon an ordinary person would understand the intent of that amendment.

I'm not the one hiding behind the broken system - you are! You raised it not me as a diversionary tactic.

Banning abortions is an archaic decision & the fact you don't recognise this says everything!

supreme court hasn't banned abortions, why can't you comprehend this? How's the hangover this morning ;)

I don‘t agree that stopping someone from killing a baby is telling them what to do with their body.

Did you see my post with Biden’s comments from 2006?

This is five minutes ago, historically speaking. And almost all ”leftists” in public life had that view then.

But they’ve all sold themselves down the river at the altar of this twisted, dysfunctional far-left psycho ideology.

The Overton window has shifted so far to the left it’s almost gravity-defying. But it’s the RWNJs who are the problem, of course. Even though those “RWNJs” mostly just echo Biden’s viewpoint from five minutes ago.

But this is my question to you and the others on here: if life of the mother, rape and incest abortions were allowed, would you be happy for all the rest to be banned?

Not me. Whilst I think it's sad, and have made this choice myself as a much younger person, I feel that there needs to be some protection for life altering changes following a mistake/accident.

If the democrats were really worried about violence, they would not be defunding and demonising police..end of

The abortion question..can a woman easily have sn abortion in the USA. Well what stage of the pregnancy is she at?..even the toughest states have heartbeat laws so there is still a window to an abortion even there although small

But you can't say abortions are illegal..its up to democratically elected state legislatures to pass laws on it. And fire bombing pro life pregnancy centres, threatening to kill supreme court judges and storming the arizona capital building amongst many other things is no way for to conduct themselves and does their argument far more harm than good

“Still a window”.

Fetal heartbeat is usually detectable at 6 weeks.

Do you know how long a woman’s menstrual cycle is typically (i.e. the earliest point she might suspect she’s pregnant)?

Not to mention that a number of severe disabilities and other complications associated with pregnancy that would threaten the health of the mother or the infant are not detectable until 20 weeks. Off the top of my head I can think of half a dozen couples in my inner circle of friends and family who this has applied to.

Then factor in the many, many, broader barriers for people in the US to accessing healthcare in general, and the delays this would create.

Therefore practically speaking, for many people in Texas, this window is not a window at all.

Last edited:
Wow, up to 30 weeks is way too late IMO. Prem babies can survive at 30 weeks.

Interesting that the Yanks had it right after all, now its back to the states to sort it out.

In SA our legislation allows termination of pregnancy ‘on demand’ if the person is no more than 22 weeks and 6 days gestation, though consultation with one medical practitioner is required to authorise.

Termination past 22 weeks and 6 days is available, however our legislation requires consultation with two medical practitioners, who both agree on the circumstances for the termination, for this to occur. This group represents a small but medically essential proportion of terminations for whom access to this health service is, in my view, a fundamental human right that must be protected under law and not subject to the whims of theologically motivated fascists seeking to impose their faith on others.

Last edited:
In SA our legislation allows termination of pregnancy ‘on demand’ if the person is no more than 22 weeks and 6 days gestation, though consultation with one medical practitioner is required to authorise.

Termination past 22 weeks and 6 days is available, however our legislation requires consultation with two medical practitioners, who both agree on the circumstances for the termination, for this to occur. This group represents a small but medically essential proportion of terminations for whom access to this health service is, in my view, a fundamental human right that must be protected under law and not subject to the whims of theologically motivated fascists seeking to impose their faith on others.

And that's exactly why it shouldn't be left to the Supreme Court and is back where it belongs in the hands of the people via their elected representatives. Now it's up to a few states to cede to the will of the people. Although, that map seemed to show that nearly all of America is more progressive then Europe and similar to here. So it's hard to know where all the emotion from a few in here comes from. They should at least understand the legal componentry before arriving at their turbo charged positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back