Banter The Adelaide Board Politics/COVID Thread Part 2 (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Crow till I die

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Miranda Devine 🤣🤣🤣🤣

******* hilarious that trollop still writing for Newscorp.

“Their lies probably effected the outcome of the presidential election” - ******* hilarious.

Would never been Trump’s incompetence? No, not according to Miranda it was Hunter Biden. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
are you going to dispute the facts on this one? Mid terms are only a few short months away now so I suspect it won't take long before so much more is divulged

The trove of data, nicknamed “the laptop from hell”, is causing serious questions for the Biden family, which has repeatedly denied wrongdoing by the president. While the emergence of the laptop was initially branded “Russian disinformation” by senior Democrats, coming as it did in the last days of the 2020 election campaign, the authenticity of the emails has not been denied and the constant trickle of data means the questions are not going away.

“When the impeachment happened, I still had my fingers crossed that the FBI was going to admit the laptop as evidence, so the White House had it for defence,” he says. “My heart sank when the impeachment trial concluded, and there was no sign of that laptop anywhere, because I had definitely seen stuff on that laptop that would have justified a phone call to Zelensky, saying what happened during the former administration, because there was a lot of money exchanging hands.”

Evidence emerges from the laptop emails of Hunter Biden apparently trying to leverage his father’s reputation for financial gain. In an email on April 13, 2014 Hunter Biden repeatedly mentioned “my guy” while apparently referring to his father. The then vice-president was the point person for US policy on Ukraine under President Obama and held a press conference in Kyiv with Arseniy Yatsenyuk, at the time the country’s prime minister, on April 22, 2014.

Last edited:

Slippery Pete

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Were they trying to overturn a democratically held election result? No.

No big deal then.

Do you understand the separation of powers? An attempt to de-legitimize the Supreme Court is just as serious as an attempt to undermine the other two branches of government.

Democrat politicians are openly calling the judicial branch of government “illegitimate.”

Yes, that’s a big deal.

adelaidecrows

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 6, 2010
Wasleys
AFL Club
Adelaide
Do you understand the separation of powers? An attempt to de-legitimize the Supreme Court is just as serious as an attempt to undermine the other two branches of government.

Democrat politicians are openly calling the judicial branch of government “illegitimate.”

Yes, that’s a big deal.

Actually you are wrong. The justice system needs to be held to account where they clearly used a party agenda to abuse the power of the court. So calling it out for what it was is perfectly fine. 90% of the USA population disagreeing with the decision indicates fully they misread the room and thats why republicans are scrambling to the media to try and get some buy in. But they clearly screwed up.

George Kramer

Premiership Player
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
If you wanted proof unions and medical associations are just dodgy *s, they had the head of the Vic medical association on about another code red in the ambulance network and record ramping. Not one criticism of the government in an election year, blamed covid. Compare that to SA during our election and the subsequent gone quiet.

Slippery Pete

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Actually you are wrong. The justice system needs to be held to account where they clearly used a party agenda to abuse the power of the court. So calling it out for what it was is perfectly fine. 90% of the USA population disagreeing with the decision indicates fully they misread the room and thats why republicans are scrambling to the media to try and get some buy in. But they clearly screwed up.

The Supreme Court acted perfectly within its jurisdiction. It did nothing wrong. Every member on there was appointed via due process.

And leaving that aside, I don‘t know how many times it has to be said that 90% of the population does not agree with unrestricted abortion. So stop peddling that lie.

Third, they did not ban abortion. They gave the power back to the states to act in accordance with the people’s democratic vote.

So you’re wrong on all three counts.

Vader

Sith Lord
Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Haha love it, the Holmes a Court Teals now threatening to disrupt/slow the passage of the ALP's legislative agenda including the setting up of the anti-corruption Commission over Albanese's cutting their staff from 8 to 5. They actually want more staff than Government Ministers have from what I can make of it.
To be fair, they probably need more - the major parties are able to pool their resources, and benefit from economies of scale. The Teals don't have this luxury.

Mind you, I'm also in favour of reducing the number of "political advisers" across the board - these are mostly unelected leeches, who wield unacceptable amounts of power considering their standing outside of parliament and the APS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad