Banter The Adelaide Board Politics/COVID Thread Part 2 (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Queensland's Chief Health Officer says there is "increasing pressure" nationally to return a mask mandate.
Suggestions of a national mandate but there is no legal mechanism for that. States like us who've ended their State of Emergency would have to re-enact it, and surely even our brain-dead media and political opposition wouldn't let them get away with that.

Suggestions of a national mandate but there is no legal mechanism for that. States like us who've ended their State of Emergency would have to re-enact it, and surely even our brain-dead media and political opposition wouldn't let them get away with that.

Vaccines are obviously working really well

Last edited:

Queensland's Chief Health Officer says there is "increasing pressure" nationally to return a mask mandate.

In poorly ventilated crowded indoor areas masks are highly protective against COVID-19.

Wearing a well-fitting face mask – preferably a N95/P2 mask – is one of the main ways you can protect yourself from the virus.

Vaccines are obviously working really well

Professor Dimity Pond, an honorary professor of general practice at the University of Newcastle, said the figures in the surveillance reports correspond with expectations about the vaccines.

‘That’s the kind of pattern that we’ve been seeing where the deaths are very largely in people who aren’t vaccinated,’ Professor Pond told newsGP.

‘It’s really hard data. It can’t be interpreted in any way other than vaccination means that you’re less likely to die.’

Last edited:

The numbers I’ve seen seems largely consistent. Didn’t that article say 5k/day in QLD? I’m sure that in SA we’ve been doing 4K/day for ages. But the leftist will love unelected bureaucratical intervention in their lives, until they remove the mandate, in which case they’ll not have the slightest idea what they’re doing.

Can thank the media narrative of the financial world was going to die for the banks chasing customers by lowering interest rates. It really was pathetic by the media. Their job is to tell the truth, but it seems now they are desperate to go down the path of every strategy they can think of for ratings and sales. Scaring everyone to death over every issue appears to be the mantra at the moment.

Can thank the media narrative of the financial world was going to die for the banks chasing customers by lowering interest rates. It really was pathetic by the media. Their job is to tell the truth, but it seems now they are desperate to go down the path of every strategy they can think of for ratings and sales. Scaring everyone to death over every issue appears to be the mantra at the moment.
Until I see evidence that raising rates is actually bringing inflation down as it's supposed to, I will remain convinced that all central banks have achieved so far is having made a bad situation even worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2018060120220531.png

Let's not confuse weather and climate..

Hopefully we can capture that rainfall, like we can capture renewable energy 🤣

Edit - I was trying to find something or anything about Australian dams or new ones. So it looks like we won't be catching it.

Last edited:
What is right is that the law is returned to the people via the democratic process. The right and wrong is at a state level, so your argument is with the Texas government, not the constitution. It's pretty simple and any person with an ounce of reason can separate the issues at play. I can't disagree with the current SC but I can disagree with the Texas government. That your weak mind can't comprehend someone holding both positions is on you, not people like me.

Remind me, what’s that thing you’re always saying about obsession with process over outcome?

Particularly important in a system with increasingly perverted and partisan processes that are not delivering optimal outcomes for the people they are intended to serve I would’ve thought.

In following partisan lines in their interpretation of this area of the law, the Supreme Court have removed one of the layers of protection for this right in the US, and in doing so have made it vulnerable to being removed entirely which will undoubtedly lead to worse health and social outcomes (including death and injury for women now forced to consider illegal and less safe options to terminate their pregnancies).

The Supreme Court obviously bears a level responsibility for these outcomes, as do those states that act on this judgement and remove the option to access abortion in the first 20 weeks (regardless of whether an individual is for or against it), as Texas have.

Last edited:

Case in point, Bernie Sanders proposal for universal healthcare in the US is essentially a watered down compromise of Medicare and the NHS which hold bipartisan support in Australia and the UK.

For this, he is considered by many to be a radical communist.

Kane McGoodwin , you are Bragg or just Sturt?

Libs under 50% , not sure who you voted for but it would be worrying. Apparently Wattle Park and Tusmore so traditional blue areas

So a 6% swing on top of a 8% swing at the State Election in March!

The Liberal Party needs to take a good hard look at itself.

View attachment 1438205

Let's not confuse weather and climate..

Hopefully we can capture that rainfall, like we can capture renewable energy 🤣

Edit - I was trying to find something or anything about Australian dams or new ones. So it looks like we won't be catching it.

Yes, those generally on the right confuse climate and weather.

The evidence is pretty clear the climate is changing but for those on the right it is no problem everything is going to be ok 🤪🤪🤪🤪.

So a 6% swing on top of a 8% swing at the State Election in March!

The Liberal Party needs to take a good hard look at itself.
How much of the swing was due to forcing people to vote for the 3rd time on their weekend in 3 months.
there is always a swing when an incumbent quits shortly after an election.
In regards to the seat of Bragg, it would be better to wait and see how that set travels over the next few years, I am tipping an 8% plus increase to libs at the next election.

And yes the Liberal need to look deeper but that is because of the recent full state election not the seat of Bragg,

How much of the swing was due to forcing people to vote for the 3rd time on their weekend in 3 months.
there is always a swing when an incumbent quits shortly after an election.
In regards to the seat of Bragg, it would be better to wait and see how that set travels over the next few years, I am tipping an 8% plus increase to libs at the next election.

And yes the Liberal need to look deeper but that is because of the recent full state election not the seat of Bragg,

Don’t disagree given the voters have gone to 3 elections in 4 months. By-election swings normally go against the government notwithstanding the circumstances of this by-election are unusual.

Just interesting to see the dropoff which is significant % tho.

What was a safe seat is now marginal.

That 6% swing will come in lower as postal votes etc are counted.

Don’t disagree given the voters have gone to 3 elections in 4 months. By-election swings normally go against the government notwithstanding the circumstances of this by-election are unusual.

Just interesting to see the dropoff which is significant % tho.

What was a safe seat is now marginal.

That 6% swing will come in lower as postal votes etc are counted.
to be honest if the swing goes any lower with postal votes, then Labor wins the seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back