Banter The Adelaide Board Politics/COVID Thread Part 2 (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
I did Pete..

I answered it when I said ITS NONE OF MY BUSINESS.

Thats a decision solely for the pregnant woman and their doctor. If that turns out to be in the late stages then thats absolutely no f*n business of mine.. my opinion should have no bearing whatsoever on that.

It is really that simple.

Now you answer my question and tell us exactly why you think you are so f*n important that you should have a say in other peoples private and personal decisions that have absolutely no effect on you..

No more beating around the bush petey.. no more focusing on the irrelevant “what stage” bullshit because you know its extremely rare and mostly due to medical issues..

Just focus on answering the why.. why you think you have the right to have a say in other peoples lives..

Come on.. you can do it Pete..
Why is a doctor involved? If a pregnant woman decides to have a late term abortion for reasons that have nothing to do with health, your position is that it is none of anybody else's business.

I don't care if it's "rare" - if it's rare, it exists. I don't care if it's mostly due to medical issues. What about when its not?

All this is demonstrating one thing. You rant and rave and go on about hard right and christians who you hate so much ... but at the end of the day, your views are the same as the majority of us. Most think that late term abortions should be allowed for medical reasons where the baby and/or mother is at risk. Most think that pregnancies from incest or rape should be allowed to be aborted. There are extremes who think differently, but I can't remember hearing anyone support that view on here.

See. Aren't we all one big happy family, no matter how much hot air you blow?

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
What’s feeble is you not being able to answer the question.

At what stage of a pregnancy do you think abortion should be illegal?

If it’s never, just have the guts to say it.
If you think you deserve a say and should have the right to stick your nose into other people private decisions Pete because of religious beliefs..

Just have the guts to say it..

Come on Pete..

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Why is a doctor involved? If a pregnant woman decides to have a late term abortion for reasons that have nothing to do with health, your position is that it is none of anybody else's business.
Ummm… Because it will be a doctor/medical practitioner that will perform the procedure..

She’s not exactly going to do it on her own is she!

I didnt mean that the doctor would have a say in it and could tell her no… just that the conversation on wanting an the abortion should only be between the woman and her doctor.. its no one else’s business.

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
If you think you deserve a say and should have the right to stick your nose into other people private decisions Pete because of religious beliefs..

Just have the guts to say it..

Come on Pete..

Guts to say what? I’ve made my position explicitly clear.

You are spoofing all over yourself about “controlling a woman’s body” and yet pretty much everyone on here has said they’d “control a woman’s body” from 22 weeks onwards.

So what gives? Where’s all your posts going after them?

Not that I don’t enjoy having all your love to myself.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Guts to say what? I’ve made my position explicitly clear.

You are spoofing all over yourself about “controlling a woman’s body” and yet pretty much everyone on here has said they’d “control a woman’s body” from 22 weeks onwards.

So what gives? Where’s all your posts going after them?

Not that I don’t enjoy having all your love to myself.
You are so unbelievably piss weak.

Come on.. answer the question pete.

Dont try and back out it now and start pointing at others desperately going “quick, look at them, what about them!!”, “awe come on.. focus on them now please!!”.. “why should I answer the question if they dont have too, whaaaa”..

If you go back over the pages of this thread for the last 24-48 you can clearly see that I have asked the question to all.. not just you..

You just were one of the ones who demanded I answered your question.. i did.. and now I have asked you to answer mine you start desperately deflecting and pointing to others saying “what about them!!”.

So come on.. as far as my question goes you havent been “explicitly clear” at all.. in fact all you have done is desperately avoid it and focused on the irrelevant “stages” arguement.

So.. i’ll ask again..

Why do you think you are so *ing important that you should have the right to have a say in the private decisions a pregnant woman, who you dont even know, makes for her own body?..

I mean… If its a religious thing.. just have the guts to say it eh Petey..

Over to you buddy..

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
So.. i’ll ask again..

Why do you think you are so f*n important that you should have the right to have a say in the private decisions a pregnant woman, who you dont even know, makes for her own body?..

I mean… If its a religious thing.. just have the guts to say it eh Petey..

Over to you buddy..

Lol what? Do you think this is some kind of gotcha and I’m going to out myself as a Jehovah’s Witness or something? My view has nothing to do with religion. I view it as a moral atrocity the same way I would the murder of any innocent human being.

If you go back over the pages of this thread for the last 24-48 you can clearly see that I have asked the question to all.. not just you..

You just were one of the ones who demanded I answered your question.. i did.. and now I have asked you to answer mine you start desperately deflecting and pointing to others saying “what about them!!”.
You haven’t answered the question about what term abortions should be legal except to throw your hands in the air and say “well it’s none of my business.”

You say this knowing full well it means you accept the proposition that abortions could happen right up to the point of birth.

But you can’t explicitly state this, because you know full well how morally reprehensible it is.

And this is where your entire argument is shown up for what it is. Your position is so shocking and horrific that you can’t even bring yourself to say it out loud.

I mean, if that isn’t cowardice, I really don’t know what is.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Lol what? Do you think this is some kind of gotcha and I’m going to out myself as a Jehovah’s Witness or something? My view has nothing to do with religion. I view it as a moral atrocity the same way I would the murder of any innocent human being.

You haven’t answered the question about what term abortions should be legal except to throw your hands in the air and say “well it’s none of my business.”

You say this knowing full well it means you accept the proposition that abortions could happen right up to the point of birth.

But you can’t explicitly state this, because you know full well how morally reprehensible it is.

And this is where your entire argument is shown up for what it is. Your position is so shocking and horrific that you can’t even bring yourself to say it out loud.

I mean, if that isn’t cowardice, I really don’t know what is.
I have answered it.. its up to the pregnant woman and their doctor. What stage that is is irrelevant.

If thats the late stage then thats the womans decision. its no one elses business but the woman who’s pregnant so I should have absolutely right whatsoever to impose my views on that decision.

Theres nothing horrific about that at all because it is very rare and is most often due to medical issues that threaten the life of the woman and the foetus inside her.

And it is none of my *ing business just as it is none of your business so thats not throwing hands in the air, that’s just accepting the basic facts.

You might not like it but why should you get a say in the private decisions of others?..

This is clearly something you simply cannot accept.. which is strange and quite ironic given the libertarian “no ones gonna tell me what to do with my body” type stance you have taken in here for the last year or so..

And again with the hysterical nonsense.. “id view it in the same way a I would murder of an innocent human being”..

You need to leave the emotions out of it and simply view it as a someone exercising their personal freedom to choose whats best for them.

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
“And on the other end we have grotesque humans (we have at least 1 on here) that feel ok with driving a nail into the babies foetus head as its crowning at 40 weeks.”

Wow… can you be anymore full of s**t?.. “drive a nail into a crowning babies head!”..

That is the biggest load of overblown nonsense I have ever heard..

Please do provide us all with links, obviously not one’s to the utterly loony anti-abortion brigade’s propaganda internet pages, that show that “nails are driven into crowning babies heads”..

This determined focus on only the most rarest of occurances where a woman gets a late stage abortion for no other reason but simply no longer wanting to have a child, and to go all hysterical about it, is all the anti-abortion/anti-choice morons have got and they know it. Thats why they need to resort to this completely overblown emotive nonsense.

My arguement is that it is simply no business of mine AT ALL what a woman chooses to do with HER OWN body if she falls pregnant.. regardless of the situation.

Some here seem to think they are so f*n important that they should have the right to tell a pregnant woman what they can and cant do with their own body..

So Rocket18.. maybe you can answer the question the anti-choice brigade here seem to want to desperately avoid..

why do you think you have the right to impose your views onto others when it comes to this very personal decision, that someone you dont even f*n know, might be making in their own lives?..

What makes you so special?.

My advice is the same advice I’d give myself if I was ever that big a flog that I’d judge a woman who was choosing to have an abortion..
And that is..

Get your f*n nose out of other peoples private lives ffs. Its none of your business.

There is nothing grotesque about that is there Rocket18?.. And surely staying out of other peoples private business/lives/decisions IS the cornerstone of being a decent member of society right Rocket?..

How is this so difficult for some in here to comprehend?.. its f*n astounding.

Couple of things, I am not anti abortion in the slightest - it should be the right of every female to decide if they want to continue a pregnancy or not.

However......
(there are restrictions and laws that govern our daily lives - its part of living in a society)

I believe there is a "deadline" when that decision needs to be made, the woman is free to make the decision up until that point. This is how abortion is controlled here, if that deadline is somewhere around/from 15-22 weeks so be it. I'll leave it to the experts.

I cannot get my head around how you (or anyone) thinks it is OK to kill a baby at 40 weeks, just as its crowning and seconds before its first breath.

Have you protested against our abortion laws here in Australia? You seem adamant the woman should have unrestricted rights to terminate the baby up to seconds before it is born?

I think that's grotesque, you think it is fine and the woman should be the one deciding at what stage to terminate.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Couple of things, I am not anti abortion in the slightest - it should be the right of every female to decide if they want to continue a pregnancy or not.

However......
(there are restrictions and laws that govern our daily lives - its part of living in a society)

I believe there is a "deadline" when that decision needs to be made, the woman is free to make the decision up until that point. This is how abortion is controlled here, if that deadline is somewhere around/from 15-22 weeks so be it. I'll leave it to the experts.

I cannot get my head around how you (or anyone) thinks it is OK to kill a baby at 40 weeks, just as its crowning and seconds before its first breath.

Have you protested against our abortion laws here in Australia? You seem adamant the woman should have unrestricted rights to terminate the baby up to seconds before it is born?

I think that's grotesque, you think it is fine and the woman should be the one deciding at what stage to terminate.

I’ll step in for our vagina-nicknamed friend here. I don’t think he believes that at all. But he’s so consumed with his anti-religious stance that he can’t bring himself to accept that we all breathe the same air let alone have the same view on abortion. Old mate Kano McG made the same mistake over the weekend getting too busy being outraged and not realizing he was outraged at the view he holds.

Vagina boy isn’t a baby killer. He doesn’t want babies killed at 40 weeks. But he’s too far invested to admit it.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

However......

“I cannot get my head around how you (or anyone) thinks it is OK to kill a baby at 40 weeks, just as its crowning and seconds before its first breath.”

You talk about this like its some sort of common occurance though.. this would almost never happen. Id go as far a saying it never happens at all.

Please provide us all with verifiable and easy to access links on the official (government) statistics on how often this “40 week foetus being deliberately aborted as they are crowning” occurs.

If you want to chuck extreme examples around..

What if a 12 year old girl is raped by someone.. they are too scared/ashamed to tell anyone, including their parents, about the horrorfying s**t they went through.. and they end up falling pregnant..

The 12 year old girl, still suffering from the horror and shame of it all, manages to keep the pregnancy a secret until well into the last trimester when it is no longer possible to keep covered up..

Would you be happy to have that birth forced upon that 12 year old.. if she finally got medical advice and that advice gave her the option to terminate the pregnancy that has been inflicted upon her due to being raped?..

Would you deny her that right if she decided that yes, she wanted to terminate the pregnancy just because it in its late stage?..

What about a woman that is in the late stages of her pregnancy and has been told that there is something seriously wrong medically with the pregnancy and there is a very real posibility that continuing on with the pregnancy will result in the woman’s death..

Would you deny a woman an abortion in that situation because its late stage?..

These examples actually occur in real life probably more often than you think..

Where do you draw the line in these types of extreme instances?

Ultimately for me.. I still fall back to the “its still none of my *ing business whatsoever what these women choose to do” position.. but I’d be interested in your thoughts..

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I’ll step in for our vagina-nicknamed friend here. I don’t think he believes that at all. But he’s so consumed with his anti-religious stance that he can’t bring himself to accept that we all breathe the same air let alone have the same view on abortion. Old mate Kano McG made the same mistake over the weekend getting too busy being outraged and not realizing he was outraged at the view he holds.

Vagina boy isn’t a baby killer. He doesn’t want babies killed at 40 weeks. But he’s too far invested to admit it.
What a surprise.. a person who beleives they should have the right to butt into a womans private life and have a say on the personal decisions that woman may choose for their own body..

also decides they should be able to speak for others on an internet blog..

Dont ever “step in” and speak for me thank you..

And my bigfooty blog name idea came from a South Australian 90’s band not a vagina..

And just while i have got you..
Do you always refer to women as “hoes”?.. oh, the *ing irony..

No, I'm of similar view of rocket18 ... & have been consistent on my view... even if you want to misrepresent it!

I have a major issue with the outright bans on abortion... but they also must be some safely & not late in the pregnancy.

The latest USA supreme court decision is a joke for a so-called western country in this century.

It's really not hard concept to follow... even if you think it's hypocritical.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
No, I'm of similar view of rocket18 ... & have been consistent on my view... even if you want to misrepresent it!

I have a major issue with the outright bans on abortion... but they also must be some safely & not late in the pregnancy.

The latest USA supreme court decision is a joke for a so-called western country in this century.

It's really not hard concept to follow... even if you think it's hypocritical.
Doesn’t the USA decision just put them on an even footing with Australia - in that the States decide the laws?

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
What a surprise.. a person who beleives they should have the right to butt into a womans private life and have a say on the personal decisions that woman may choose for their own body..

also decides they should be able to speak for others on an internet blog..

Dont ever “step in” and speak for me thank you..

And my bigfooty blog name idea came from a South Australian 90’s band not a vagina..

And just while i have got you..
Do you always refer to women as “hoes”?.. oh, the f*n irony..
Okay baby killing vagina boy

Doesn’t the USA decision just put them on an even footing with Australia - in that the States decide the laws?
No, the difference is that the USA have states where a woman cannot legally get an abortion & has to either travel to another state/country or have an illegal potentially unsafe procedure.

I have posted several articles on this. Here are a couple.

It's a clear difference compared to Australia & most Western countries where women can get an abortion (except late term unless medical reasons).

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
No, the difference is that the USA have states where a woman cannot legally get an abortion & has to either travel to another state/country or have an illegal potentially unsafe procedure.

I have posted several articles on this. Here is one.

It's a clear difference compared to Australia & most Western countries where women can get an abortion (except late term unless medical reasons).
Because the states decide on the rules.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

I have posted several articles on this. Here are a couple.

Now its upto the people to pressure the Democrat and Republican Governors running such states to adjust their laws to more middle ground

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
No s**t Sherlock! Given the Supreme court decision.

& they are very backward states!
No s**t Sherlock so it’s now the same system in USA as we have in Australia.

So explain this comment then: The latest USA supreme court decision is a joke for a so-called western country in this century.

Now its upto the people to pressure the Democrat and Republican Governors running such states to adjust their laws to more middle ground
Given the Supreme Court was stacked by the Trump administration with Christian fundamentalists, this is one way... but some State Governors are of similar thinking.

So called modern society... not!

No s**t Sherlock so it’s now the same system in USA as we have in Australia.

So explain this comment then: The latest USA supreme court decision is a joke for a so-called western country in this century.
Because it's stacked with judges not fit to make sound decisions.

Fortunately Australia doesn't have the same issue with these completely out of touch judges.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Because it's stacked with judges not fit to make sound decisions.

Fortunately Australia doesn't have the same issue with these completely out of touch judges.
But the decision brings USA in line with how Australia determines abortion laws. So again, how was it backward and a joke for a so called western country when it brings them in line with other western countries?

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
“I cannot get my head around how you (or anyone) thinks it is OK to kill a baby at 40 weeks, just as its crowning and seconds before its first breath.”

You talk about this like its some sort of common occurance though.. this would almost never happen. Id go as far a saying it never happens at all.

Please provide us all with verifiable and easy to access links on the official (government) statistics on how often this “40 week foetus being deliberately aborted as they are crowning” occurs.

If you want to chuck extreme examples around..

What if a 12 year old girl is raped by someone.. they are too scared/ashamed to tell anyone, including their parents, about the horrorfying s**t they went through.. and they end up falling pregnant..

The 12 year old girl, still suffering from the horror and shame of it all, manages to keep the pregnancy a secret until well into the last trimester when it is no longer possible to keep covered up..

Would you be happy to have that birth forced upon that 12 year old.. if she finally got medical advice and that advice gave her the option to terminate the pregnancy that has been inflicted upon her due to being raped?..

Would you deny her that right if she decided that yes, she wanted to terminate the pregnancy just because it in its late stage?..

What about a woman that is in the late stages of her pregnancy and has been told that there is something seriously wrong medically with the pregnancy and there is a very real posibility that continuing on with the pregnancy will result in the woman’s death..

Would you deny a woman an abortion in that situation because its late stage?..

These examples actually occur in real life probably more often than you think..

Where do you draw the line in these types of extreme instances?

Ultimately for me.. I still fall back to the “its still none of my f*n business whatsoever what these women choose to do” position.. but I’d be interested in your thoughts..

I can't help but notice that our friends of the redneck variety demand answers as to whether you support end of term abortion but refuse to acknowledge actual well written points that you have made like in the above post.

Supporters of the full anti abortion laws (not those that are wanting to end late term abortions) now coming into affect all appear to have something in common, they are religious, they know no one who has ever had an abortion let alone raped and fallen pregnant. What is amazing to me, these states are all pro life yet happily allow laws that provide people weapons to kill each other.

USA....what a basketcase.

Also, the judges in the case are now pushing to look at the gay marriage laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back