Banter The Adelaide Board Politics/COVID Thread Part 2 (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have travelled there and know people there. But not sure that is in any way relevant

Its relevant because you are making judgements on peoples lives who live there. I know personally people who vote republican and hated everything Trump did. They loathe the abortion issues. I have good friends who have daughters who may end up having their health affected by Abortion laws, not to mention the gay people I know who are now living in fear of being targeted by the Supreme Court. The point to this is, your blind support and laughter at my anti trump stance is dumb because it comes from real life experience. So its kind of insulting that you bash decent views purely because it conflicts with your blind loyalty to what is a political disaster of a party that has some of the worst humans ever elected. I have had enough of your bullshit to be honest. moving on.

A full term pregnancy is 40 weeks. Over 20 weeks is past half way. Therefore late. Prior to 20 weeks is early. It’s the queens English. It doesn’t need to be medically defined for me. Now all other discussions talk about post viability which is on or around after 22 weeks. That’s the discussion. Getting into semantics around late term abortion or “late term abortion” just shows you are struggling.
oh, don't worry.. theres no struggling here mate..

i’ve already stated several times that the stage of pregnancy is completely and utterly irrelevant to me..

I really dont need to even get to that point of the “discussion” because I have already omitted myself from it as IT IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS.

I’ve only had to because some here just wont give up bringing that side of it up with me and demanding I provide my opinion on it.. and it is hard to have an opinion on the term “late stage” when no one can even settle on what that even means.

thats my opinion on the entire matter. it should be no ones business, including mine, what any woman decides when it comes to their own body and termination of a pregnancy.

oh, don't worry.. theres no struggling here mate..

i’ve already stated several times that the stage of pregnancy is completely and utterly irrelevant to me..

I really dont need to even get to that point of the “discussion” because I have already omitted myself from it as IT IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS.

I’ve only had to because some here just wont give up bringing that side of it up with me and demanding I provide my opinion on it.. and it is hard to have an opinion on the term “late stage” when no one can even settle on what that even means.

thats my opinion on the entire matter. it should be no ones business, including mine, what any woman decides when it comes to their own body and termination of a pregnancy.

The deplorables only accept ideals when its on there terms, hence the petty attack on the vulnerable for cheap political points scoring.

Its relevant because you are making judgements on peoples lives who live there. I know personally people who vote republican and hated everything Trump did. They loathe the abortion issues. I have good friends who have daughters who may end up having their health affected by Abortion laws, not to mention the gay people I know who are now living in fear of being targeted by the Supreme Court. The point to this is, your blind support and laughter at my anti trump stance is dumb because it comes from real life experience. So its kind of insulting that you bash decent views purely because it conflicts with your blind loyalty to what is a political disaster of a party that has some of the worst humans ever elected. I have had enough of your bullshit to be honest. moving on.
Go tell that the the good people there that barely now live pay to pay

Remember those denying the mental health impacts of our lockdowns? The Age reports:

‘Shocking and perplexing’: Census reveals COVID toll on mental health

By Melissa Cunningham and Meghan Dansie​

June 28, 2022 — 7.51pm
‘Shocking and perplexing’: Census reveals COVID toll on mental health

KEY POINTS

• Young Australians have reported far higher levels of psychological distress than any other age group with the census capturing the upheaval and mental toll of living through a pandemic.
  • One in five Australians aged 16 to 34 years reported “high or very high levels of psychological distress” more than twice the rate of those aged 65 to 85 years.
  • Experts warn the true extent of chronic disease was far higher in Australia than reflected in the census, which only collected self reported and diagnosed conditions.
Young Australians have reported far higher levels of psychological distress than any other age group, with the census capturing the upheaval and mental toll of living through a pandemic. The first tranche of census data released on Tuesday provides a snapshot of the state of health in Australia, revealing that one in five Australians aged 16 to 34 years reported “high or very high levels of psychological distress”. That’s more than twice the rate of those aged 65 to 85 at 9 per cent.

“Perplexing”

Oh yes.. lets recap on Biden so far. Gas 2-3 time more expensive than when he took over, inflation sky high - BEFORE THE UKRAINE INVASION STARTED, crime through the roof, an obliterated southern border shipping millions of illegals and unknown quantities of hard drugs and crime figures / gang members. Then energy - decrying Saudi Arabia as a pariah state and the next week going cap in hand to plead with them to provide more oil. How about the Afghanistan debacle he presided over. Then you have the administration actively calling for civil unrest towards the supreme court, pushing transgenderism on preschool kids......... and all in a little less than 18 months. Thats some record
View attachment 1435321

The term buyers remorse has never EVER been more apt and its telling that virtually all polls for a long time now have shown republicans ahead in all key swing states and even some hard blue states are now seen as vulnerable. But do carry on

You do understand that rising inflation and gasoline prices are not just isolated to the USA, don’t you? It is primarily a supply/demand issue whose origins are the pandemic.

On the southern border, I’ll be honest, I don’t know enough about it but your frothing at the mouth suggests you are making more of it than one would suggest is the reality. Shipping millions of illegal immigrants. Millions?? Oh and how did Trump go with his wall? A total failure.

On the Afghanistan issue, I’ll just leave this -

Administration calling for civil unrest? Could you provide a direct quote from the President, perhaps his Chief of Staff or one of his Cabinet members.

You really do froth at the mouth when it comes to the Democrats, don’t you?

Perhaps if Trump hadn’t been so chummy with Putin, we could have avoided the blood bath that has occurred in Ukraine. Food for thought?

So they forced people to take it, gave the pharma manufacturers complete legal immunity, and now classify 79,000 victims as “a rare few.”

79,000 side effects from 60,000,000 vaccines administered = 0.13% Wow, not even 1%. In anyones world that % is a rare few.

Pretty sure there are side effects with all vaccines.

Get over it.

79,000 side effects from 60,000,000 vaccines administered = 0.13% Wow, not even 1%. In anyones world that % is a rare few.

Get over it.

79k headline by the got the result it wanted. It provoked the anti vaxx morons into action for ratings and sales. if they said 0.13% people would say its not too bad and no one would pay attention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get over it.
& compare this to the lives saved from covax & you know Slippery facts have no idea about the risk of being vaccinated v not being vaccinated. Estimated 20M lives saved...

Numptism as it's best!

“I cannot get my head around how you (or anyone) thinks it is OK to kill a baby at 40 weeks, just as its crowning and seconds before its first breath.”

You talk about this like its some sort of common occurance though.. this would almost never happen. Id go as far a saying it never happens at all.

Please provide us all with verifiable and easy to access links on the official (government) statistics on how often this “40 week foetus being deliberately aborted as they are crowning” occurs.

If you want to chuck extreme examples around..

What if a 12 year old girl is raped by someone.. they are too scared/ashamed to tell anyone, including their parents, about the horrorfying s**t they went through.. and they end up falling pregnant..

The 12 year old girl, still suffering from the horror and shame of it all, manages to keep the pregnancy a secret until well into the last trimester when it is no longer possible to keep covered up..

Would you be happy to have that birth forced upon that 12 year old.. if she finally got medical advice and that advice gave her the option to terminate the pregnancy that has been inflicted upon her due to being raped?..

Would you deny her that right if she decided that yes, she wanted to terminate the pregnancy just because it in its late stage?..

What about a woman that is in the late stages of her pregnancy and has been told that there is something seriously wrong medically with the pregnancy and there is a very real posibility that continuing on with the pregnancy will result in the woman’s death..

Would you deny a woman an abortion in that situation because its late stage?..

These examples actually occur in real life probably more often than you think..

Where do you draw the line in these types of extreme instances?

Ultimately for me.. I still fall back to the “its still none of my f*n business whatsoever what these women choose to do” position.. but I’d be interested in your thoughts..

I'll try and answer your questions, "common occurrence.. almost never happens" is that because most (every?) jurisdiction imposes limitations on abortions - would there be anywhere that allows abortions at 40 weeks?

Have you seen some of these nutjobs, ferals, women protesting, you would just about guarantee a couple of them would do exactly that to prove the point "it's my body, it's my choice" and have an abortion at 40 weeks if it was a free for all.

The 12 year old raped, keeps it a secret until week 30+. Sorry too late, put the bubs up for adoption once delivered. One horrific deed shouldn't lead to another.

The woman who in the late stages may die if the pregnancy continues. Induce/cesarean to end the pregnancy, save the womans life and hopefully the babies life as well.

Once the bubs is viable outside the woman termination should not be an option.

So they forced people to take it, gave the pharma manufacturers complete legal immunity, and now classify 79,000 victims as “a rare few.”

no one forced anyone to take the vaccination in this country.. once again you bullshit in order to desperately continue to push your barrow..

workers in some industries such as healthcare, emergency services, aged care etc were mandated to be vaccinated if they wished to continue being employed in their job positions, for very obvious and sensible reasons, and the great majority of them were very happy to get the vax.

as such they were all given a very clear and sensible choice.. get vaccinated and continue working or not get vaccinated and find work in another workplace that doesnt require you to be vaccinated.

no one forced them to do anything.. no one was held down against their will and injected with the vaccine.

thats a clear choice.. its their body and they were given the right to decide whether or not they get the vax. it is that simple. the great majority took to sensible option.. an extremely tiny minority chose not to and to instead chose to look elsewhere for work that didnt require them to be vaccinated. I believe that some even were able to be redeployed in the organisation they currently worked for into roles that didnt have them “at the coal face” so to speak.

but you know all this.. its been explained to you in the most basic of terms hundreds of times already.. but you continue to ignore it and regurgitate the same ignorant garbage time and again.. god only knows why.. you surely cannot be deluded enough to think we are going to all of a sudden agree with your hysterical, conspiracy theory derived nonsense can you?..

and yes 79,000 out of around 60 or so million vaccines administered is very rare.. but unfortunately necessary, given how many lives have been saved. all vaccines come with side effects but the benefits far outweigh the costs of these side effects.

workers in some industries such as healthcare, emergency services, aged care etc were mandated to be vaccinated if they wished to continue being employed in their job positions, for very obvious and sensible reasons

Yes, agreed, mandating it was very obvious and very sensible, because by having every single person in a particular workforce vaccinated, it would stop people spreading it to each other.

Nothing has ever been more obvious and more sensible.

It worked a treat and here we are today with the lowest number of cases at any time during the last 2.5 years.

1656461689696.gif

I'll try and answer your questions, "common occurrence.. almost never happens" is that because most (every?) jurisdiction imposes limitations on abortions - would there be anywhere that allows abortions at 40 weeks?

Have you seen some of these nutjobs, ferals, women protesting, you would just about guarantee a couple of them would do exactly that to prove the point "it's my body, it's my choice" and have an abortion at 40 weeks if it was a free for all.

The 12 year old raped, keeps it a secret until week 30+. Sorry too late, put the bubs up for adoption once delivered. One horrific deed shouldn't lead to another.

The woman who in the late stages may die if the pregnancy continues. Induce/cesarean to end the pregnancy, save the womans life and hopefully the babies life as well.

Once the bubs is viable outside the woman termination should not be an option.
I’m not sure I’ve ever read a bigger load of utter nonsense in my life. but here we go..

so.. to your first example

let me get this right.. and forgetting that you have already stated just before you provided this example that theres laws already in place that wouldnt allow your example anyway so I’m not sure why you‘re giving it in the first place but..

you're saying that one of these “protesting type” (whatever that *n means) women you speak of would go to all the trouble get themselves pregnant, spend 40 whole weeks pregnant with all the pain, and inconvenience and personal cost involved in that just to abort it at the end to “prove a point”?..
fk me, really?.. have you got ANY examples, any whatsoever at all, where this has ever occured that you can provide us with or is this, as I suspect, a complete and utter load of nonsense you’ve dreamt up in your head to suit your argument?..

to your second..

so you are honestly saying you are happy to force a 12 year, that has already been put through the trauma of a rape, to proceed with an unwanted pregnancy thats occured due to that very rape?..

you actually wish to force them to put their 12 year old body through that?.. Wow, and you dare to call others sick.. are you actually reading back what you have written here before posting it? A 12 year old girl ffs!

have you any idea the strain and stress pregnancy and childbirth, either naturally or via C, puts on a fully developed woman’s body?.. and you think a tiny 12 year old girl should simply be told “ah, look we know you got raped an all.. but too late, so suck it up princess“..

I think you might want to revisit that as its clear with that comment you’ve completely lost the *ing plot. you’ve let the emotions get the better of you there I’m affraid.

A 12 year old rape victim. wow.

geez, what next?.. you gonna tell us all you’d allow the grub that raped her to claim the baby as their own?.. I mean, by law its his child right?.. he is the father.

i’m literally shocked that this is the stance you’ve decided to take on this.

to you’re third point..

of course inducing/cesarean are options that would all be considered first.. in the case of the need to abort due to medical reasons we are talking about women that have gotten pregnant and have been told after 30 weeks that the foetus is no longer viable (i.e there may be deformities, missing/poorly developed organs etc etc that wont allow the foetus to survive outside the womb) or that continuing on will threaten the lives of both the mother and the foetus inside her and maybe inducing/cesarean/incubation just arent possible.. and aborting is the only safe option.

so would you agree to allow it then oh mighty one?

Geez, it must be an amazing view up there on your high horse demanding every woman out there make private decisions related to their own body based on your arse backward view of the world.. what is it that makes you think you are so special you have the right to force your views and ideals onto other peoples private lives?.

do you walk around the streets in public demanding everyone do as you say?.. do you walk up to every pregnant woman you see in public and demand that they make a promise to you that they do not terminate their pregnancy no matter what happens over the coming months?. I mean, this is literally the stance you are taking as you hide behind your keyboard in a public forum.

and finally..

would you ever actually have the gall to go right up to the parents of a raped 12 year old, who has now fallen pregnant to the rapist, and say..

“no, I’m sorry, its too late now.. your little girl has to follow through with the pregnancy because 1) its against my ideals to allow her to have an abortion now and 2) one bad deed shouldnt follow another right!”..

because this is exactly the disgustingly sick stance you have taken with your unbelievable comments here today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back