Banter The Adelaide Board Politics/COVID Thread Part 2 (WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Miranda Devine 🤣🤣🤣🤣

******* hilarious that trollop still writing for Newscorp.

“Their lies probably effected the outcome of the presidential election” - ******* hilarious.

Would never been Trump’s incompetence? No, not according to Miranda it was Hunter Biden. 🤣🤣🤣🤣
are you going to dispute the facts on this one? Mid terms are only a few short months away now so I suspect it won't take long before so much more is divulged

The trove of data, nicknamed “the laptop from hell”, is causing serious questions for the Biden family, which has repeatedly denied wrongdoing by the president. While the emergence of the laptop was initially branded “Russian disinformation” by senior Democrats, coming as it did in the last days of the 2020 election campaign, the authenticity of the emails has not been denied and the constant trickle of data means the questions are not going away.

“When the impeachment happened, I still had my fingers crossed that the FBI was going to admit the laptop as evidence, so the White House had it for defence,” he says. “My heart sank when the impeachment trial concluded, and there was no sign of that laptop anywhere, because I had definitely seen stuff on that laptop that would have justified a phone call to Zelensky, saying what happened during the former administration, because there was a lot of money exchanging hands.”

Evidence emerges from the laptop emails of Hunter Biden apparently trying to leverage his father’s reputation for financial gain. In an email on April 13, 2014 Hunter Biden repeatedly mentioned “my guy” while apparently referring to his father. The then vice-president was the point person for US policy on Ukraine under President Obama and held a press conference in Kyiv with Arseniy Yatsenyuk, at the time the country’s prime minister, on April 22, 2014.

Last edited:

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Were they trying to overturn a democratically held election result? No.

No big deal then.

Do you understand the separation of powers? An attempt to de-legitimize the Supreme Court is just as serious as an attempt to undermine the other two branches of government.

Democrat politicians are openly calling the judicial branch of government “illegitimate.”

Yes, that’s a big deal.

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
Do you understand the separation of powers? An attempt to de-legitimize the Supreme Court is just as serious as an attempt to undermine the other two branches of government.

Democrat politicians are openly calling the judicial branch of government “illegitimate.”

Yes, that’s a big deal.

Actually you are wrong. The justice system needs to be held to account where they clearly used a party agenda to abuse the power of the court. So calling it out for what it was is perfectly fine. 90% of the USA population disagreeing with the decision indicates fully they misread the room and thats why republicans are scrambling to the media to try and get some buy in. But they clearly screwed up.

George Kramer

Premium Platinum
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
If you wanted proof unions and medical associations are just dodgy *s, they had the head of the Vic medical association on about another code red in the ambulance network and record ramping. Not one criticism of the government in an election year, blamed covid. Compare that to SA during our election and the subsequent gone quiet.

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Actually you are wrong. The justice system needs to be held to account where they clearly used a party agenda to abuse the power of the court. So calling it out for what it was is perfectly fine. 90% of the USA population disagreeing with the decision indicates fully they misread the room and thats why republicans are scrambling to the media to try and get some buy in. But they clearly screwed up.

The Supreme Court acted perfectly within its jurisdiction. It did nothing wrong. Every member on there was appointed via due process.

And leaving that aside, I don‘t know how many times it has to be said that 90% of the population does not agree with unrestricted abortion. So stop peddling that lie.

Third, they did not ban abortion. They gave the power back to the states to act in accordance with the people’s democratic vote.

So you’re wrong on all three counts.

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Haha love it, the Holmes a Court Teals now threatening to disrupt/slow the passage of the ALP's legislative agenda including the setting up of the anti-corruption Commission over Albanese's cutting their staff from 8 to 5. They actually want more staff than Government Ministers have from what I can make of it.
To be fair, they probably need more - the major parties are able to pool their resources, and benefit from economies of scale. The Teals don't have this luxury.

Mind you, I'm also in favour of reducing the number of "political advisers" across the board - these are mostly unelected leeches, who wield unacceptable amounts of power considering their standing outside of parliament and the APS.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Or why the mainstream media and big tech did everything to suppress this real problem for the bidens before 2020. Election interference?? - absolutely

I mean its at Goebbels level propaganda coming out of the left wing cheeleading democrat puppet media and their mates in big tech
bahahahaha… quotes a Miranda Devine opinion piece and expects to be taken seriously!

buddy.. you need to stop blindly believing the partisan nonsense the hard right wing opinion ‘journalists’ feed you…

these people you listen to barely believe themselves the nonsense they spew forth.. they do it to create click bait for the gullible. it is the only way most them are able to make a name for themselves and earn a comfortable living..

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
bahahahaha… quotes a Miranda Devine opinion piece and expects to be taken seriously!

buddy.. you need to stop blindly believing the partisan nonsense the hard right wing opinion ‘journalists’ feed you…

these people you listen to barely believe themselves the nonsense they spew forth.. they do it to create click bait for the gullible. it is the only way most them are able to make a name for themselves and earn a comfortable living..
mate its you that believes in the fairies. This jan 6th sham is a partisan witch hunt with its only purpose trying to prevent Trumpy running in 2024. They have witheld exculpatory evidence, brought up heresay 'witnesses' that have been caught out lying, taken part of witnesses transcripts out of context and won't produce the full transcripts. They denied republicans that McCarthy wanted on the commission and picked only ones that previously voted to impeach him. Pelosi has shielded herself from the obvious questions about why she denied Trumps offer of the national guard there on the day.

It should look really ugly for Dems after the mid terms when the repubs can then start to drill down on all the things the dems are hiding regard to this commsssion - I say should, because even when it is unearthed, the mainstream media will ignore it and refuse to air it. Look at the latest joke witness - her credibility is now being shreded and she is a heresay witness..oh, I heard this from a person who told my mum that she heard this in the shop. If you knew the first thing about the law, none of that heresay rubbish is admissible in a court of law

Lets see if this sham committee will allow these secret service agents to testify..they know damn well if they do, it will look horrific for their witch hunt

Only a few short months now till midterms then the real investigations can begin

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
mate its you that believes in the fairies. This jan 6th sham is a partisan witch hunt with its only purpose trying to prevent Trumpy running in 2024. They have witheld exculpatory evidence, brought up heresay 'witnesses' that have been caught out lying, taken part of witnesses transcripts out of context and won't produce the full transcripts. They denied republicans that McCarthy wanted on the commission and picked only ones that previously voted to impeach him. Pelosi has shielded herself from the obvious questions about why she denied Trumps offer of the national guard there on the day.

It should look really ugly for Dems after the mid terms when the repubs can then start to drill down on all the things the dems are hiding regard to this commsssion - I say should, because even when it is unearthed, the mainstream media will ignore it and refuse to air it. Look at the latest joke witness - her credibility is now being shreded and she is a heresay witness..oh, I heard this from a person who told my mum that she met in the shop. If you knew the first thing about the law, none of that heresay rubbish is admissible in a court of law

Lets see if this sham committee will allow these secret service agents to testify..they know damn well if they do, it will look horrific for their witch hunt

Only a few short months now till midterms then the real investigations can begin
a witch hunt?..

what?.. one that even members of trumps own family, his inner circle such as Barr and fellow republicans have testified, under oath, against the don saying he went way too far, incited an insurrection, blatantly tried to overturn the election results and did nothing to try and stop the ensuing violence?..

the guy is a treasonous traitor to his own country who tried to overturn a legitimate election and encouraged his deplorable supporters to attempt to overthrow the incoming government.

Everyone knows it except his delusional dumb* supporters.

is there anything, ANYTHING AT ALL, that trump could do that you wouldn't defend?.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
a witch hunt?..

what?.. one that even members of trumps own family, his inner circle such as Barr and fellow republicans have testified, under oath, against the don saying he went way too far, incited an insurrection, blatantly tried to overturn the election results and did nothing to try and stop the ensuing violence?..

the guy is a treasonous traitor to his own country who tried to overturn a legitimate election and encouraged his deplorable supporters to attempt to overthrow the incoming government.

is there anything, ANYTHING AT ALL, that trump could do that you wouldn't defend?.
Testified he did what?

You need to stop swallowing the establishment media garbage you are obviously reading.

But then again, 2 sham impeachments that with 1, the hard evidence is there Hilary Clinton paid for a fake dossier that her mates in the FBI bent rules to spy on his campaign and the whole thing was built on a lie. What it was was an attempted takedown of a sitting US president. treason!!. Then the phone call to Zelinsky..now the Hunter Biden Laptop from hell has come out in the open and information is leaking from there - this one is going to head right back to Joe Biden and his families dirty dealings over in Ukraine.

So this Jan 6th sham witch hunt is what is commonly called strike 3 - your out and in a few months time,let the real investigations into the Democrats begin

a witch hunt?..

Trump insighted his supporters to hang his Vice-president pence when they matched on the Capitol.

That tells you everything you need to know about this poor excuse for a human being.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
How is anyone defending this? FMD

Now on topics closer to home, do you agree that the paid parking debacle is Malinauskas' first mis-step?

I definitely class it as a rookie blunder.

I have no idea how the penny didn't drop about the optics not being great by trying to force Westfield to not be able to bring in paid parking at TTP while at the same time expecting hospital staff to pay parking fees in hospitals.

George Kramer

Premium Platinum
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Now on topics closer to home, do you agree that the paid parking debacle is Malinauskas' first mis-step?

I have no idea how the penny didn't drop about the optics not being great by trying to force Westfield to not be able to bring in paid parking at TTP while at the same time expecting hospital staff to pay parking fees in hospitals.
The rationale he gave is that revenue goes to the health system which we know is bogus.

But its not his first misstep, first day in and they changed the rules where ministers had to provide answers to questions in parliament by a certain time, which the Libs introduced. Reeks of arrogance but the public are oblivious.

Then the advertising campaign to spruke the Budget, both sides do it, but its a disgrace, especially when charging hospital staff as you have pointed it out.

Also using his ambo ride as a media publicity stunt.

Basically, besides the image Mal portrays, he's just another politician, only interested in staying in power.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Imagine the outcry if this had been Scott Morrison or Peter Dutton....

Albo the hypocrite, bags Morrison re his approach with China then does the same himself.

Capture.PNG

How long has it been a thing that medicos have had to pay for their parking?
Hospital staff paid for their carparking... up until covid where the previous government waived the fee as a goodwill gesture given the strain the staff were under.

Given the system is still under significant strain, making them pay now wouldn't be the wisest policy... as already staff leaving the system.

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide

Probably because the issue arose around westfield introducing paid parking. As usual, people choose to combine issues to muddy waters and get their own way. The cost of westfield adding paid parking on top of the cost of living when westfield also make a mint from having skyhigh leases was where it came from.

Hospital paid parking on the other hand is generally in place to keep cars turning over. I sympathise with hospital staff but have you tried to get a park at a hospital in general when visiting someone during peak times. Its borderline impossible. Imagine if those parks were full of staff cars all the time. Visitors who are often elderly will be made to find alternate means.

Probably because the issue arose around westfield introducing paid parking. As usual, people choose to combine issues to muddy waters and get their own way. The cost of westfield adding paid parking on top of the cost of living when westfield also make a mint from having skyhigh leases was where it came from.

Hospital paid parking on the other hand is generally in place to keep cars turning over. I sympathise with hospital staff but have you tried to get a park at a hospital in general when visiting someone during peak times. Its borderline impossible. Imagine if those parks were full of staff cars all the time. Visitors who are often elderly will be made to find alternate means.
No, visitors still pay for their hospital carparking.

It's staff who have had their carparking fees waived during covid.

ADL9798

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
what on earth are you talking about. I have been consistent all the way along about allowing abortion upto a certain period in the trimester. Go back and read my posts on it - even your sidekick Kane can back me up here :)

It sounds like the vast majority of us are actually in a similar boat when it comes to this (give or take a few weeks gestation).

However, based on what we’ve already seen in some states and are about to see in others where, like Texas, even that basic level of access in the first trimester that most of us agree on as a ‘reasonable’ middle ground will now be removed. Bottom line, women will die or suffer severe injury because of this. With that in mind I just can’t reconcile that some can view this SC decision as in anyway a positive outcome.

It’s how the US system works, yes, and I think we’d all acknowledge it’s a pretty broken system at this point. But hiding behind ‘that’s how the US system works’ as some in here are doing is surely besides the point in forming your own individual opinion as to what is ‘right’ and ‘wrong’ in terms of the actual outcome.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
The rationale he gave is that revenue goes to the health system which we know is bogus.

But its not his first misstep, first day in and they changed the rules where ministers had to provide answers to questions in parliament by a certain time, which the Libs introduced. Reeks of arrogance but the public are oblivious.

Then the advertising campaign to spruke the Budget, both sides do it, but its a disgrace, especially when charging hospital staff as you have pointed it out.

Also using his ambo ride as a media publicity stunt.

Basically, besides the image Mal portrays, he's just another politician, only interested in staying in power.

I agree with you about the advertising for the state budget, it was a complete waste of tax payer's money especially for a vanilla budget. I have never agreed with governments wasting tax payer's money trying to spruik things like budgets etc, but it's an issue across the board with Labor/Liberal on both state and federal levels.

I'm fine with the ambulance thing, I am more interested what's going to happen in the long term. He campaigned on it so that's something that he needs to deliver on, if the ramping issues are still there in a couple of years then it will end up being a massive albatross around his neck.

The parking thing will be a big test and will give us an example of what type of Premier he'll be. To his credit Marshall would at least back flip on decisions that weren't popular, so it will be interesting to see if there's a course correction with this or whether he'll stick to his guns.

Personally I suspect Malinauskas' ego will see him hold firm on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back